PDA

View Full Version : Make down on the D-Pad loadout button?

Miles_Morales
04-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Wouldn't it be a great idea if we could switch load-outs simply be pressing the d-pad? It seems cumbersome to bring up a fullscreen menu everytime

Arctic Fox
04-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Down on the D-Pad is currently to change your chat channel. It WOULD be nice to have a load out key though but there simply isn't enough map-able keys on the 360 conrtoller

Serpent330
04-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Down on the D-Pad is currently to change your chat channel. It WOULD be nice to have a load out key though but there simply isn't enough map-able keys on the 360 conrtoller

I was just about to say the same, D-Down handles chat channels. It would be nice if we had the option to remap the buttons.

Ashes2Ashes
04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
I have gotten really quick at the "start" "y" "b" button presses.

JBOOTH1838
04-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Remap would be nice

Wynce
04-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Left stick is run. Plus if they made it something like that, you might accidentally press it, and switch from your LMG to your rocket launcher and blow yourself up.

I'm happy with the system the way it is, honestly. It doesn't take long to switch them through the start menu, and it gives you a little risk. Is the loadout you want really worth the chance of standing still? Probably.

Or you could always find cover.

Grit
04-08-2013, 10:46 AM
D-pad = not Left Stick...

chat channels... hell i'm in party chat when i play i don't need no stinkin chat channels...RAGE!!!

just kiddin...

much like the other guy i got fast at hitting start,Y then B

RLStroud
04-08-2013, 10:52 AM
I honestly don't often change loadouts unless I am in an Arkfall and run out of ammo and don't feel like running to the crate.

I do have one quick question though and it's something I haven't thought to test until now:

If you have a different shield in each loadout, can you change loadouts to get a fresh shield?

Because if that's the case then perhaps the reason you have to go through the menu is also a way to somewhat balance things during PvP. I haven't played any PvP yet, but you can believe I'd be annoyed if I had a guy almost dead and he switched loadouts and got a fresh shield lol!

Grit
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
i don't think it works like that buddy... i mean in borederlands you could just get new shield from inventory and put in and it'd still be down. i'm sure once it's spent...every shield is spent until it regens.

Wynce
04-08-2013, 11:00 AM
D-pad = not Left Stick...

chat channels... hell i'm in party chat when i play i don't need no stinkin chat channels...RAGE!!!

just kiddin...

much like the other guy i got fast at hitting start,Y then B

Before the person either edited or deleted their post, the post above me had stated they should make changing loadouts the left stick button. ;)

Grit
04-08-2013, 11:01 AM
eh, wasn't trying to troll...well maybe a little but nothing too harmful though :D

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-08-2013, 11:10 AM
What about up on the d-pad?

Dr D Wayne Love
04-08-2013, 11:12 AM
What about up on the d-pad?

That spawns your vehicle.

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-08-2013, 11:14 AM
That spawns your vehicle.

Oh right! Derp

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I would definitely like/rather have d-pad down be loadout instead of chat channels.Everyone could make use of a loadout hotkey and hardly anyone uses the chat anyways.

MRE
04-08-2013, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=Ashes2Ashes;254309]I have gotten really quick at the "start" "y" "b" button presses, and then you get a third or even fifth load out option ;) This was when my life went to c54p. LOL

Donnyrides
04-08-2013, 11:37 AM
a long pausing event is needed. Else there is no need to ever reload. Just keep flipping loadouts with a simple button press. It would be convenient for people, but it would get exploited.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-08-2013, 11:40 AM
I am so sick and tired of seeing threads about this. WHY is it so hard to press start, Y once or twice then B WHILE IN COVER to switch loadouts?

Y'all had too much stupid this morning.

Random
04-08-2013, 11:55 AM
You can remap buttons.
Look in controls under "Remap Buttons" or something of that sort.

djspray
04-08-2013, 12:13 PM
I have been saying this since beta!!!!

The Quick Menu's should be changed to up/down and the load out should be left/right.

Cycling through chat channels via shortcut is useless since you can do it through the side menus, besides you need to open the full chat window to chat anyways!

Starlight
04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
I have been saying this since beta!!!!

The Quick Menu's should be changed to up/down and the load out should be left/right.

Cycling through chat channels via shortcut is useless since you can do it through the side menus, besides you need to open the full chat window to chat anyways!

No you don't. Press 'enter' on the keyboard or chat pad, that allows you to type in quick chat.

MRE
04-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I am so sick and tired of seeing threads about this. WHY is it so hard to press start, Y once or twice then B WHILE IN COVER to switch loadouts?

Y'all had too much stupid this morning.

Or got run over by some chap in his Dodge charger at a major Arkfall with a Monarch Hell Bug griefing me and trying to find to find the right load-out to take out the flying thing and so on and so forth.
Top left, Top right, Bottom left and Bottom right are not assigned are they? You could have said that but you did not. And there is no cover at an Arkfall that I noticed except Run Away.

cacul8r
04-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I played FFXI for years and i had 12 quick loadouts on the 360. You need to be able to change gears or equipment on the fly. Start "Y" "B" isn't the answer no matter how fast you think you are.

MagellanD
04-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I honestly don't often change loadouts unless I am in an Arkfall and run out of ammo and don't feel like running to the crate.

I do have one quick question though and it's something I haven't thought to test until now:

If you have a different shield in each loadout, can you change loadouts to get a fresh shield?

Because if that's the case then perhaps the reason you have to go through the menu is also a way to somewhat balance things during PvP. I haven't played any PvP yet, but you can believe I'd be annoyed if I had a guy almost dead and he switched loadouts and got a fresh shield lol!

I haven't noticed this but I've noticed that if you're running a healer load out with a BMG if you hit "y" to switch twice it'll come back 100% faster than waiting for the reload.

Donnyrides
04-09-2013, 06:16 AM
I played FFXI for years and i had 12 quick loadouts on the 360. You need to be able to change gears or equipment on the fly. Start "Y" "B" isn't the answer no matter how fast you think you are.

couple things.
1. FFXI is a RPG where loadouts are far more detailed than the load outs in a TPS
2. FFXI uses swords and staffs, Defiance uses guns that require reloads. If you can simply flip between loadouts, then reloading becomes obsolete. You would just set all your loadouts to different guns and flip through them without ever having to reload.

It is an intended delay/penalty. It was not done on accident.

IMO I think that loadout changes while you are engaged in combat should have a longer penalty. It is a feature that diverts the user from using the reload system.

Serpent330
04-09-2013, 08:20 AM
You can remap buttons.
Look in controls under "Remap Buttons" or something of that sort.

Well sure enough, I completely overlooked that option in the settings menu. Thank you Random.

The option to enable/disable "Controls Remapping" is under Settings > Controls. Once enabled you can remap various Combat, Vehicle and Menu actions. However, it does not appear you can remap the "Cycle Loadout" action.

Kyro
04-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Noobs, noobs everywhere. I'm pretty sure Trion intended it to be this way and for good reasons. You can only switch to your secondary with a single press of a button but a whole loadout which can have totally different gear? No, just no. That would make it way too noob friendly, so plan ahead of time with your loadout and take cover and/or take out any enemies that are close then change your loadout, it's not hard. So no, you cannot change your ENTIRE loadout with a tap of a single button while your still running about.

So nooby.

Punkdaz
04-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm quite suprised theres no quick way to swap loadouts, which is annoying as Ive now got 3 to choose from and in the mist of a major arkfall they seem to take too long to appear, so Ive got to remember what I have in each loadout.

With d-pad down already used up why not have it so you HOLD the swap weapon button to swap loadouts?