PDA

View Full Version : Gun Levels?

Curium
04-08-2013, 10:05 AM
So I have been trying to get my overall LMG skill up but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere. I read somewhere else that if you have a mod on a gun you dont gain xp for that weapon type. Is this true? or am i just not killing enough stuff

Edit: this is referring to the overall gun type..not the particular gun itself

Footmans
04-08-2013, 10:32 AM
to keep leveling your weapon skill u need to cahnge weapon who isnt cap in XP

BaitingMaster
04-08-2013, 10:33 AM
I Think what someone said was if the Weapon you have is maxed on XP you will not level up the weapon proficiency So i think in other words grab a new gun that has like 0 xp - 800k

Jevonski
04-08-2013, 10:55 AM
yeah you need to switch to a new LMG to keep lvling the skill.

Zeus1701
04-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Like the game, but hate how they set this up with (specific)gun vs (overall)weapon proficiency. Also the modding asprct is a little upsetting. You can't switch out mods, you have to destroy your current set to make a new one. Hopefully they change it in the future. :)

Jevonski
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Like the game, but hate how they set this up with (specific)gun vs (overall)weapon proficiency. Also the modding asprct is a little upsetting. You can't switch out mods, you have to destroy your current set to make a new one. Hopefully they change it in the future. :)

you get a retrieve mods option later on that costs about the same as adding a final mod slot.

swat brigade
04-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Some guns may glitch as well and not level up. I had one LMG that wouldn't record any damage at all. I'm currently level 15 LMG skill and it goes pretty quick once you get good at changing them out once they reach max levels.

Synra
04-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Okay, here are the specifics. Each weapon has it's own little exp bar. But that's not actually exp, it is damage done.

So if your weapon says 0/855000, then you need to deal 855000 damage with it in order to max that bar and gain the bonus it gives you on that weapon. However, as you do this, you are also generating progress for that specific weapon group. The weapon will only contribute a grand total of 855000 to your weapon type progress, so you need to keep working with different weapons of that type if you want to max it out.

If you find a really good one that you like, then just keep it. Once you have eventually maxed out that weapon type, go back to using that favorite gun.

ANTI
04-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Some guns may glitch as well and not level up. I had one LMG that wouldn't record any damage at all. I'm currently level 15 LMG skill and it goes pretty quick once you get good at changing them out once they reach max levels.
I can confirm that Guided Rocket Launchers are currently bugged. They will not gain weapon xp from kills or contribute to the rocket launcher stat.

Chaos5061
04-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Wait What?!? They want you to use a inferior weapon just to level a skill? That's messed up. I've been wondering why I'm starting to get my *** kicked around the 3rd zone. I just sell all the weapons that have worse stats than what I have. All games I've ever played followed this logic. Damn it now I have to use something else.

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 11:27 AM
So I have been trying to get my overall LMG skill up but it doesnt seem to be going anywhere. I read somewhere else that if you have a mod on a gun you dont gain xp for that weapon type. Is this true? or am i just not killing enough stuff

Edit: this is referring to the overall gun type..not the particular gun itself

There are at least 3 threads about this already.

Lets all make sure we are taking the time to search the forums before opening a new thread