PDA

View Full Version : Please make Mods no longer count against the inventory slots

Delscorchotiz
04-08-2013, 10:12 AM
I have seen many posts about the need for an Auction House, Bank, and email system.

These are very old school MMORPG needs when a crafting system is place.

Although I can see the utility of those, I do not think they are needed.

We do have the key sink and inventory killer -->Synergy Mods

Since the hunt for a synergy mod for your gun type | proper slot | proper Synergy requires an ungodly amount of storage, IMHO this system is broken, when these items take up inventory slots.

My current inventory is 109 (I have bought several +15 inventory items) I still have very few useable mods for the guns I want to synergy mod.

IMHO the synergy mod system is not fully cooked as I have seen others post, most of the mods I get from the packs are Brutal mods and I have yet to see a brutal synergy weapon.

At any rate, if mods no longer took up inventory space, then most of the argument for a bank is no longer valid.
If you want more inv space buy some +15 inv bumps.

But with the mod kludge, there is no way that most players are going to be willing to purchase as many inventory bumps as I have per character , and I am still full of mods that I hope to use and spent too much on to just sell.

I hope this gets some traction and discussion.

BleakPanther
04-08-2013, 10:18 AM
I consider myself a fairly efficient fellow, as far as inventory is concerned, and the only thing that bothers me is the fact that mods eat up my slots. I am thinking that its time to just time to bite the bullet and ditch all the mods that aren't for my primary weapon types and eventually institute a rarity policy. Thinking of only holding blue and above.

Merrin Nightbringer
04-08-2013, 10:20 AM
See, I am actually thinking just the opposite of the OP.

I would like to see it setup so that items you have equipped stop showing up in your inventory. Essentially, if you have it on one of your loadouts, it shouldn't be taking up an inventory slot.

All this being said, I understand why they do it. They've got to make the $$ somehow, inventory space is an easy sell. GW2 does the same thing, and I'm sure they make boatloads.

Edit: also... 15 slots for 5 bucks? That's not terrible, overall...

Delscorchotiz
04-08-2013, 10:21 AM
That's a good idea, but I would love to see the game mechanics of mods fixed.

Mostly I would love to see them not count against inventory. That way we could truly leverage the synergy mod system and trade with friends as well and the whole community would be better for it.

FizzyMyNizzy
04-08-2013, 10:31 AM
I have seen many posts about the need for an Auction House, Bank, and email system.

These are very old school MMORPG needs when a crafting system is place.

Although I can see the utility of those, I do not think they are needed.

We do have the key sink and inventory killer -->Synergy Mods

Since the hunt for a synergy mod for your gun type | proper slot | proper Synergy requires an ungodly amount of storage, IMHO this system is broken, when these items take up inventory slots.

My current inventory is 109 (I have bought several +15 inventory items) I still have very few useable mods for the guns I want to synergy mod.

IMHO the synergy mod system is not fully cooked as I have seen others post, most of the mods I get from the packs are Brutal mods and I have yet to see a brutal synergy weapon.

At any rate, if mods no longer took up inventory space, then most of the argument for a bank is no longer valid.
If you want more inv space buy some +15 inv bumps.

But with the mod kludge, there is no way that most players are going to be willing to purchase as many inventory bumps as I have per character , and I am still full of mods that I hope to use and spent too much on to just sell.

I hope this gets some traction and discussion.

I'm not sure how many ego rating you need. But you do get bag space from ego rating.

Oceanhawk
04-08-2013, 10:34 AM
This won't change. Inventory slots = Money for Trion

BleakPanther
04-08-2013, 10:42 AM
See, I am actually thinking just the opposite of the OP.

I would like to see it setup so that items you have equipped stop showing up in your inventory. Essentially, if you have it on one of your loadouts, it shouldn't be taking up an inventory slot.

All this being said, I understand why they do it. They've got to make the $$ somehow, inventory space is an easy sell. GW2 does the same thing, and I'm sure they make boatloads.

Edit: also... 15 slots for 5 bucks? That's not terrible, overall...

See I can understand why the mods and extra loadout gear count towards the inventory count but I don't have to like it. :)

Inventory slots were pretty much my second purchase behind an outfit. Had to be fly when I was playing with Overcharge and now that I am running Cloak, I regret it... So slots are pretty much my financial contribution to the game for a while.

The mods... I guess I'm just a hoarder... Always see a potential use for each new one I get. Going to just have to buckle down and get strict on what I keep for myself.

Outside of the mods I carry: 3 Snipers, 2 Assault rifles, 2 Shotguns, 1 BMG, 2 shields, and 2 Grenades. Currently have 57 slots and routinely have to stop and empty my bag. Mainly because there are so many sidequests that reward mods. 4 mods per weapon and usually 2 types of mod per slot adds up when you cant let go.

After typing this I realize how nuts it sounds and will go compare and get rid of some of those mods... :(

Nightside187
04-08-2013, 10:47 AM
i have 175+ inventory and still im getting full lots of time this game need a bank ...