PDA

View Full Version : Xbox game now working after a reinstall. :D

Nytphantom
04-08-2013, 10:16 AM
So, after reading Oveurs blog on how the improvements were made on xbox I posted my frustrations, and again side shelved the game :( and then went to bed. This morning I started thinking maybe I was missing something..how can all these other players be playing without any problems now, reading a post that says it seems to be a non-issue, and Im still having problems???
So I took a last hurrah effort and deleted the game off my xvbox and reinstalled. The game I had on the xbox was the original install from April 2nd. Heres where I think the problem may lie too. When I went to delete the game..there was a 55mb patch file that would not uninstall (I did run the game just prior to see if anything changed from yesterday). I thought that very strange. I rebooted the xbox, and tried deleting that one file that still remained..it worked..
I reinstalled the game (yes..took about 1/2 hour for all the patches..no biggy). That 55 mb patch file no longer existed, and it appears to have been replaced with one thats about 36mb in size.
After I did this, the game is running GREAT!! (knock on wood)
So my advice (yes it seems to be a little bit of a pain, but hey if it works) would be if your sitting with an old install (near release) and are having the same problems I had, try a reinstall.
Also, I have not read, or maybe I overlooked, any posts with someone stating to try a re-install..not sure why.
Hope this helps others...off to play some definace now YEA!!!!! :D

LALLY
04-08-2013, 10:18 AM
its cool u got it working...enjoy:)

RedScar
04-08-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm going to have to try this now. Here goes nothing lol