PDA

View Full Version : Red Glowing VBI Weapons

Lazerus
04-08-2013, 10:20 AM
why is there the red glow around them?
i thought they are something special, but i cant see any difference to other weapons.
is there a reason for this?

Taaltos
04-08-2013, 10:21 AM
why is there the red glow around them?
i thought they are something special, but i cant see any difference to other weapons.
is there a reason for this?

Used to help with Missions. They're gone once they run out of ammo, or you run out of a certain range(i think).

AgentMytho
04-08-2013, 10:24 AM
I have seen a number that are not "special weapons". They are normal weapon drops, usually greys/white I think, I dont' keep close track since it is usually in the middle of a combat and I am hoping it is a temporary "special weapon" which also have the red glow.

Malloci
04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
It just means that the weapon has an elemental proc. if youre talking about regular drops. The "special weapons" used for some missions are marked the same way.

Arctic Fox
04-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I've experienced this as well. Red glow as if it were a special weapon but a its just a standard weapon drop

Munx
04-08-2013, 10:29 AM
you are using a Von Bach Ego implant, this is why it reacts to other VBI products.

Or atleast thats what I tell myself for it to make some sort of sense.

Lazerus
04-08-2013, 10:38 AM
is it realy only the elemental proc?
i could swear that all of them were VBI weapons, and not all of them with an element

Malloci
04-08-2013, 10:48 AM
is it realy only the elemental proc?
i could swear that all of them were VBI weapons, and not all of them with an element

Yes it is , if its a green or blue weapon it will glow green or blue but that red thing will float about it if it has an elemental proc. i remember when they added it in alpha and they mentioned it in the patch notes.

Lazerus
04-08-2013, 12:38 PM
no it is not.
found a red glowing non elemental VBI rocketlauncher a few minutes ago

SlashZaku
04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
no it is not.
found a red glowing non elemental VBI rocketlauncher a few minutes agoI found a pistol...or maybe it was a Shotgun that was glowing and picked it up (I don't pick up the commons/whites anymore) and it didn't have an element either. It did however, have 3 mod slots open on it already (stock, mag and scope). So I don't think it's just for elements, but also telling you that the weapon may have some mod slots open (so you don't have to open them/invest salvage; in other words, nice basic drop that you can buff on the cheap with some standard mods or whatever).

Vuule
04-08-2013, 12:47 PM
It's a bug. That red glow should only appear for special world weapons.