PDA

View Full Version : Grenades

Desidus
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
I thought I heard this on the hour with defiance video, but screaming kids and other things took precedence. Did I hear that grenades are infinite? That there is a delay timer for them before you can use them again?

I tried to find the spot on the video again but I think I keep skipping over that part or something...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/02/20/defiance-one-hour-with-defiance

A s0t
02-26-2013, 08:19 PM
yep there is unlimited grenades. there an audio tone that tell you when grenades are ready

Desidus
02-26-2013, 08:21 PM
yep there is unlimited grenades. there an audio tone that tell you when grenades are ready

Do you know how long it takes for it to come back... is it static amount of time or variable depending on grenade?

Escyos
02-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Depends on the grenade.

Prophet of Entropy
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
i believe they've said it depends on grenade and points you put in grenades.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 09:08 PM

Nice... so much variety of grenades and its basically the only aoe other than that lightning/heal gun.

That I have seen so far...

Shadow2400
02-26-2013, 09:09 PM

Nailed it. There will be specific "perks" for grenades im sure. Increasing blast radius, damage, and cool down time. There are so many perk tiles, so i will bet a few relate to grenades :)

Prophet of Entropy
02-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Nice... so much variety of grenades and its basically the only aoe other than that lightning/heal gun.

there are rocket lauchers the DDE version of the game comes with a free one.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 09:24 PM
there are rocket lauchers the DDE version of the game comes with a free one.

Sorry yes I knew about those too, just forgot. Yeah definitely some rocket launchers... in that hour with defiance video there is a huge radius with the rocket launcher he uses.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 09:25 PM
That grenade that you throw above and it shoots down at your enemies sounds pretty awesome as well. Good if you like to use cover for sure.

krazymuffinman9
02-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Ahhh rocket launchers a mans best friend (pushes dog away)

ryanoliver56
02-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Sticky Grenades were used in Beta for Overseas (outside US for me) I think they mentioned Germany. And testers were running at each other to kill their attackers if they decided to detonate so equals you and attacker dead. Interesting approach.

krazymuffinman9
02-26-2013, 09:33 PM
oh great another game were people can go Kamikaze. I can tell I am going to be doing more running than shooting.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Sticky Grenades were used in Beta for Overseas (outside US for me) I think they mentioned Germany. And testers were running at each other to kill their attackers if they decided to detonate so equals you and attacker dead. Interesting approach.

Be cool if a friend could take it off you and throw it away... course if it detonates while he is doing it... two for one deal. I wonder if there is a message like in COD when you get stuck. Would be funny if you were running around with an undetonated grenade stuck to you. Eventually an enemy shoots it and insta-critical boom!

Desidus
02-26-2013, 09:39 PM
oh great another game were people can go Kamikaze. I can tell I am going to be doing more running than shooting.

Just get someone else to throw the grenade that slows them down first...

Desidus
02-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Ahhh rocket launchers a mans best friend (pushes dog away)

*attaches the rocket launcher to the dog* a rocket launching dog.. truely a mans best friend... *sics the dog after krazymuffinman9*

TR GunPlay
02-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Good find, I didn't pick up on the infinite grenades

Desidus
02-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Good find, I didn't pick up on the infinite grenades

Thanks I will assume that comment is aimed at me and 'A sot'

0_d4RK_FaLLen
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTtup_5yk-Y

Go to 2 min they talk about and show/hear the grenade reload

Desidus
02-26-2013, 10:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTtup_5yk-Y

Go to 2 min they talk about and show/hear the grenade reload

Thanks that is a long video to fish through...

0_d4RK_FaLLen
02-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks that is a long video to fish through...

Yeah know what you mean. At this point I've watched over 10 hrs of video today trying to get caught up.

Desidus
02-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Yeah know what you mean. At this point I've watched over 10 hrs of video today trying to get caught up.

That was pretty much what I did the first day I found out about this game. lol.

Jenbuu
02-27-2013, 01:33 AM
you get a good few kinds of grenades
goo nades ( slows)
incendiary (fire)
mirv(rockets)

theres prolly more aswell

ryacual
03-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I have a question regarding grenades ive searched but found nothing so this seems like an appropriate place for it. can you cook any of the grenade types so they explode mid air. I heard them say in one of the videos that grenades will explode on impact with enemies but didn't hear if you can cook them and make them explode in front of their face. and do they only explode on impact with the enemies or is it impact with anything? I like to do the bank shots with grenades

Spaisekraft
03-11-2013, 11:53 PM

They showed grenade launchers, I think I remember seeing a flame thrower (maybe it was an NPC), and then you have guns like the STD launcher that puts those cyst things on enemies and explode, sending out little bugs to attack other enemies. That's pretty much an AOE. Then there's rocket launchers, shotguns are technically AOE, and in the recent guns video they showed a guy using some kind of weapon to slam the ground for an AOE effect.