PDA

View Full Version : Full skill tree?

Unseen 5hadow
02-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Anyone know if there is a place to see the full skill tree? I'm wondering cause I like to plan my tree out before I play so I don't waste any points. I would love to see what leads where and how much it would take to get there. Also I guess does anyone know if you can unlock the full tree?

lPATT
02-27-2013, 01:12 AM
you can unlock everything in the tree with one character ... you gonna be around power rating of 5000 ... you can't technically ruin your build but you can slow it down ... also i think the skill tree is under NDA for now =/ i want a see all perk too but...

Unseen 5hadow
02-27-2013, 01:13 AM
Cool that's what I wanted to know. Now if we both are under NDA can that tree be shared to eachother:)

Jenbuu
02-27-2013, 01:13 AM
perks can be unlocked but you will be like a jack of all trades character. Keep an eye on us in the future we'll see what we can do

Dead_Phoenix
02-27-2013, 01:21 AM
Cool that's what I wanted to know. Now if we both are under NDA can that tree be shared to eachother:)

better asked on the beta forums

SHAD0WEN
02-27-2013, 02:42 AM
without breaking NDA(looking at screen shots and what not) you have 4 main active skills(the big blocks) and around 70-96 passive skill(the small blocks) however you can only have 9 active passive skills on at one time.

Vuule
02-27-2013, 03:47 AM
[..] so I don't waste any points. [..]

Don't worry about that. You can respec.

Escyos
02-27-2013, 04:27 AM
This is the best I can offer: http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Category:Perks Some stuff may not be there anymore.

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 04:41 AM
understand the NDA, but if possible, can a beta/alpha player at least tell us, are YOU able to see the full tree? or are locked things just those locked boxes that say locked like in the live stream until you unlock an adjacent perk?

if you cant say even that much, i understand. perhaps lance can if he sees the question, again, if he cant either, then i guess i have to wait to find out.

reason i ask is because i like to sit there like the OP, and plan out what i am going to get, in what order, etc. (worked wonders for WoW when i played). if all i see are locked boxes, its going to be like shots in the dark for me lol.

but for the OP, as said, you are expected to be ABLE to unlock the full tree if you play long enough, but they are saying it would require so much time to get that high of an ego, they dont expect many people to max out their powers. and as said, there is also a limit to how many active perks you can use at once...but i also noticed a small tab that has loadouts, so you can quick swap between perks/guns, which was briefly mentioned in one video or another.

Dead_Phoenix
02-27-2013, 04:54 AM
hmm tough call given nda and all. i know its not giving out information exactly but no offence my alpha is more then answering :)

i will say you have no reason to worry...

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 05:07 AM
hmm tough call given nda and all. i know its not giving out information exactly but no offence my alpha is more then answering :)

i will say you have no reason to worry...

thats causing me worry... you're dead afterall...or are you... (queue twilight zone music).

perhaps Lance can answer cause i dont want anyone to lose out on alpha because of breaking NDAs

D351
02-27-2013, 06:26 AM
understand the NDA, but if possible, can a beta/alpha player at least tell us, are YOU able to see the full tree? or are locked things just those locked boxes that say locked like in the live stream until you unlock an adjacent perk?

if you cant say even that much, i understand. perhaps lance can if he sees the question, again, if he cant either, then i guess i have to wait to find out.

It doesn't let you see them all until you've unlocked something adjacent. I'm in alpha, but nda doesn't matter as this has been stated in livestream before.

Shadow2400
02-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Why is the NDA so strict with less then a month to go? I understand the NDA but not the level of severity....

Desidus
02-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Why is the NDA so strict with less then a month to go? I understand the NDA but not the level of severity....

More NDA!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *runs away babbling gibberish*

P0tshot
02-27-2013, 07:58 AM

I'm no expert but an NDA is a legally binding document, it's not as though you can just go changing a sentence here and a sentence there to fit. I would imagine that it is for the simple reason that it is just plain easier to leave it as it is for the moment and work on more pressing matters this close to release. I would guess (and I appreciate the amount of assumption in this post) that the NDA will stay as is and then just end.

I could of course be talking out of my arse.

Desidus
02-27-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm no expert but an NDA is a legally binding document, it's not as though you can just go changing a sentence here and a sentence there to fit. I would imagine that it is for the simple reason that it is just plain easier to leave it as it is for the moment and work on more pressing matters this close to release. I would guess (and I appreciate the amount of assumption in this post) that the NDA will stay as is and then just end.

I could of course be talking out of my arse.

Usually ends with an open beta most games...

Dead_Phoenix
02-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Usually ends with an open beta most games...

usually given by definition an open beta is well "open".

thats if defiance will get an open beta.

Desidus
02-27-2013, 08:53 AM
usually given by definition an open beta is well "open".

thats if defiance will get an open beta.

With a month left and still no word of when we will get a regular beta... hmm kinda doubt it. Unless they just make it open beta right off the get go now. That would make applying for beta kinda redonkulous.. but *shrugs* don't really care as long as I can play.

Ollam
02-27-2013, 09:17 AM

My understanding after reading something from sledgehammer was that the NDA is so strict right now so that they can control the hype of the game themselves, what with social media what it is today something could shot out of context and control like wildfire if the NDA was lifted. like the old game of telephone but on a much much larger scale. This way they control what is released.

Shadow2400
02-27-2013, 12:03 PM
This way they control what is released.

Okay that is reasonable. I hereby suggest a controlled burst of information to satisfy our crave all the while leaving some room for imagination and surprise *nods*

Dead_Phoenix
02-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Okay that is reasonable. I hereby suggest a controlled burst of information to satisfy our crave all the while leaving some room for imagination and surprise *nods*

BOO!

enough of a surprise for you? :P

Shadow2400
02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
BOO!

enough of a surprise for you? :P

That surprise is only acceptable if i receive some NEW game info.. OR and alpha invite :D

Archangel
02-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey Duskguy you wont have anything to worry about.

Lets just say you have the ability to plan ahead as soon as you leave the training grounds.

Note that not everything is reveal unless you start to stack points into a perk or skill. But initially you have nothing to fear.

Plan away and find what you are looking for in advance. All this can be done.

Now describing what each perk does and or posting a picture of the tree would definitively be breaking NDA and like Deadly_Phoenix said, Alpha is just to important to give up.

So i hope this will fill your questions with hope.

Unseen 5hadow
02-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Yup. Last night as I was playing I was checking and you can see the locked perks in detail before you get to them so I laid out a nice path for my unlocks. So question answered. Man there are a TON too. But like was said earlier only 9 at a time soooooo really going a specific route right away is beneficial.

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Hey Duskguy you wont have anything to worry about.

Lets just say you have the ability to plan ahead as soon as you leave the training grounds.

Note that not everything is reveal unless you start to stack points into a perk or skill. But initially you have nothing to fear.

Plan away and find what you are looking for in advance. All this can be done.

Now describing what each perk does and or posting a picture of the tree would definitively be breaking NDA and like Deadly_Phoenix said, Alpha is just to important to give up.

So i hope this will fill your questions with hope.

perfectly acceptable, thanks. so long as i can spend that time to plan ahead i wont have to stop every new perk i get. dont need more info than that, i can do my own research :P

Valethar
02-27-2013, 07:06 PM
understand the NDA, but if possible, can a beta/alpha player at least tell us, are YOU able to see the full tree?

Technically, no, we cannot tell you.

Long story short - you cannot share, stream, or take video or pictures from the alpha/beta. The only place you are allowed to talk about beta is within these beta forums.

Desidus
02-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Ha ha ha.. regardless of when the NDA is lifted you will still have the tree in time to decide what you want. As soon as it goes down someone will be on that like white on rice...

Ollam
02-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Ha ha ha.. regardless of when the NDA is lifted you will still have the tree in time to decide what you want. As soon as it goes down someone will be on that like white on rice...

But I like brown rice....

Dead_Phoenix
02-28-2013, 01:27 AM

as soon as the nda is lifted im going back through the entire thread so i can finally tell everyone :P jk