PDA

View Full Version : Do arkfalls scale?

Cyrox
02-27-2013, 03:16 AM
I'm just curious if they scale up and become harder the more people there are?
If they don't it would be great if they would like there is the base amount of monsters everytime but if there is ton of people going for it it would scale up and give more and more enemies and the battle would be huge and won't be a faceroll if there's like 50-60 people. (at the launch i think that could easily happen)

Shag
02-27-2013, 03:20 AM
Hey Cyrox,

yes, they do in fact scale. It was said in one of the vids (I think the 1 hour IGN one), so don't worry about that. They also said, that the loot you get is better, the more players join the fight. If I remember correctly (but don't quote me on that) it was said, that arcfalls scale up to 50 players.

Cyrox
02-27-2013, 03:24 AM
Oh i must have missed that. i've gone trough all videos but i must have been in coma at that time. thanks shag :)

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Hey Cyrox,

yes, they do in fact scale. It was said in one of the vids (I think the 1 hour IGN one), so don't worry about that. They also said, that the loot you get is better, the more players join the fight. If I remember correctly (but don't quote me on that) it was said, that arcfalls scale up to 50 players.

i believe i understood it the same way. monsters become harder/ more numerous and loot gets better up to 50 players in the area.

Desidus
02-27-2013, 05:42 AM
I'm just curious if they scale up and become harder the more people there are?
If they don't it would be great if they would like there is the base amount of monsters everytime but if there is ton of people going for it it would scale up and give more and more enemies and the battle would be huge and won't be a faceroll if there's like 50-60 people. (at the launch i think that could easily happen)

Regular missions do as well, from the sounds of it the only ones that don't are the instanced ones, which require a four man team. Though of course people are going to attempt them with 3 or 2 or 1 man... lol.

TR GunPlay
02-27-2013, 05:45 AM
The ones that need for.man teams cannot be started unless you have four players. So people wont be able to attempt them with any less then that

Desidus
02-27-2013, 07:12 AM
The ones that need for.man teams cannot be started unless you have four players. So people wont be able to attempt them with any less then that

Started with four doesn't mean it has to be finished with four... trust me people will do it with less and then they will post their video to the net to impress all the ladies... or something along those lines.

Krazee DD
02-27-2013, 11:05 AM
The random ones get more crazy the more people come. LIKE WILD!

MOnte
02-27-2013, 12:46 PM
That is the same understanding I got from the live stream. There are different size arkfalls, so you may not have the mega boss arkfall, but if more people show up there will be more "smaller" mobs with more HP on the smaller ones and the bigger ones will have harder bosses/more mobs deal.

Krazee DD
02-27-2013, 01:00 PM
That is the same understanding I got from the live stream. There are different size arkfalls, so you may not have the mega boss arkfall, but if more people show up there will be more "smaller" mobs with more HP on the smaller ones and the bigger ones will have harder bosses/more mobs deal.

Ya, the mini boss at the end will have more health. Pure beast mode.

Desidus
02-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Ya, the mini boss at the end will have more health. Pure beast mode.

and more loot.. looooooooooooooooooooooooot is good.

Krazee DD
02-27-2013, 01:20 PM
and more loot.. looooooooooooooooooooooooot is good.

Get that phat loot.

UmbrusNightshade
02-27-2013, 03:20 PM
I like the idea of scaling based on players participating because this game actually fosters a true cooperative attitude in its player base while still allowing for the competitive multiplayer wants. I like that. You can go off and kill things and help get ark fall tech then later on go off on a Shadow War and hunt the very people you helped during the Arkfall. What a great feature! Haha.