PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in my own clan forever?

ChronicShmoke
04-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Founded a clan with my buddy back when the game started. It's just me and him. Today I went to join another clan and found out that I must promote someone else to Founder position before I can leave. That's understandable. But it won't let me promote him so I can't leave the clan at all. I have tried everything so far. I can't even kick him and disband. I am getting very fed up. The one time I meet social players and Defiance itself won't let me enjoy their company...
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can leave my clan?

Bloody
04-08-2013, 12:15 PM
This has also happened to one of my friends. One of my friends bought clan exp, so we were merging our clans together. My other friend could not join because of this issue. Don't know of any suggestions, sorry.

Nerdy Ryuu
04-08-2013, 12:20 PM
this should be fixed asap .

ChronicShmoke
04-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is in this boat. It is very annoying. I just wanna leave. Defiance is now forcing me to play all on my own. This sucks.

RavenIron
04-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I know we could not promote the people in our clan, unless they were online. Not sure if that helps.

Also, we had trouble sending out clan invites. That we fixed by making someone a founder. If you have tried that already, then I am not sure where to go from there.

Good Luck!

mac hill
04-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Have you tried making another char. Promoting your friend then having him promote your new char?

Nis085
04-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who is in this boat. It is very annoying. I just wanna leave. Defiance is now forcing me to play all on my own. This sucks.

Have you looked at adding them to your FL and then requesting for them to join up with you when you're on? This is a good alternative.

JerZey CJ
04-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Saw a post the other day about a guy who joined a clan and the founder immediately promoted him to Founder and left. Was pretty funny. But it must suck, don't know why they don't have a disband option.

David Bowden
09-15-2013, 09:37 PM
So I just joined Defiance not too long ago and was invited to a clan and then promoted to founder and am stuck. Hope the devs fix this. Just sux. I joined it because I was looking for a clan and was sacked with this bs and am stuck in this clan guild members.
I don't want to pass this clan on to the next poor sap. Just want the devs to fix it

Lollie
09-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Saw a post the other day about a guy who joined a clan and the founder immediately promoted him to Founder and left. Was pretty funny. But it must suck, don't know why they don't have a disband option.

It's like that curse you trick people into taking off you. Maybe we could consider it as a player-run mission :p

Go us, we just added new content to game.

Bolgor_TheHound
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM
just bait someone into joining your clan then leave that random player with the curse...sorta like that movie drag me to hell...get someone to accept your clan invite...then leave him/her too rot with it forever or until that person passes the curse...its messed up I know but if you ever want to be free you know what you have to do...

Maixx
09-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Takes about 20 min....
1st, you need someone's help,
- they join your clan, if not already in, and take founder spot.
2. Make a new character and get it past the tutorial.
- friend, now founder, invites and promotes your alt to founder.
3. Both of you leave your clan.
4. Try and delete the new character, double check your deleting the right one.
- if you cannot delete, then let this character wait in line for customer support.

Indra Echo
09-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Takes about 20 min....
1st, you need someone's help,
- they join your clan, if not already in, and take founder spot.
2. Make a new character and get it past the tutorial.
- friend, now founder, invites and promotes your alt to founder.
3. Both of you leave your clan.
4. Try and delete the new character, double check your deleting the right one.
- if you cannot delete, then let this character wait in line for customer support.

Good suggestion. Stupid this still has not been fixed. Should be a simple command /disband clan, that only the Founder can use to completely remove all members from clan.

MacDeath
09-16-2013, 05:28 AM
Why not just have CS delete your empty clan? If it's NOT empty that's a different issue.

Vox Animus
09-16-2013, 08:27 AM
Founded a clan with my buddy back when the game started. It's just me and him. Today I went to join another clan and found out that I must promote someone else to Founder position before I can leave. That's understandable. But it won't let me promote him so I can't leave the clan at all. I have tried everything so far. I can't even kick him and disband. I am getting very fed up. The one time I meet social players and Defiance itself won't let me enjoy their company...
Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can leave my clan?

had same issue, the person has to be online then promote them to founder then leave the clan, or add someone new then promote them.

Indra Echo
09-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Why not just have CS delete your empty clan? If it's NOT empty that's a different issue.

It's not empty. The game will not let the last person home shut out the lights. Apparently you cannot leave a clan if you're the founder (and the last person standing or one of the last people). There should be an easy command to do this but the only way seems to be a workaround.

I've heard of other people who were in small clans suddenly finding out they've been promoted and are then unable to leave it. CS should help but I don't know why they haven't just fixed this before now.

Whiffmeister
09-16-2013, 09:00 AM
It's even worse when the founder and officers leave the clan which means nobody can take over the reins. At least in Rift, if the Guild Leader left, it automatically promoted the next active officer to Guild Leader to make sure this sort of thing didn't happen. Would be good to import that here