PDA

View Full Version : No Love For Healers?

Daximuss
04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Hello all,

I received my first legendary drop yesterday and it was a BMG (Healing Gun).

I thought, well I'll join a group and run a coop mission to provide the heals in a support role.
We ran through the instance with a few hiccups, and one thing that stuck out while I was healing was, why am I not getting XP or when I heal?

Is this working as intended? If so, I can honestly say that I don't think you will see very many healers in Defiance.

seros
04-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I know it used to count, but the healing numbers were showing as damage numbers, so it was taken out.
At least in ark falls and co-ops.

jetah
04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
While the Healing itself is great the system doesn't really support healing. Look at the end of an Arkfall, do you see total Healing? Nope!

I've noticed the reaction some players have while they have no shield and few HP remaining is to roll around, usually away from the person healing them. I've also seen players 'dead' try to move away from me while I'm trying to revive them.

Personally when a character has a BMG it would be nice to have a Red + above the character. This would mean that the person is capable of healing. When a character is down it would be nice to have a yellow icon above their head.

I don't know where that person is yelling "I cant take much more of this!" I look around and I don't see anyone on the ground but with 100 players in the area I can't see the ground anyways.