PDA

View Full Version : In-game Marketplace?

Elite_T91
04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been wondering if there is a in-game marketplace (like in diablo and other MMO's), where i can sell my awesome modded weapons to other players for a nice price. Trading ftw.

But I can't find it, and I think it's not there. But then again, this game explains nothing to me so i have to figure it out for myself and ask it at the forums so here I am again.

LOL.

See ya,

Elite T91

PS: If there isnt a marketplace of some sort, why not?

greatdividers
04-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been wondering if there is a in-game marketplace (like in diablo and other MMO's), where i can sell my awesome modded weapons to other players for a nice price. Trading ftw.

But I can't find it, and I think it's not there. But then again, this game explains nothing to me so i have to figure it out for myself and ask it at the forums so here I am again.

LOL.

See ya,

Elite T91

PS: If there isnt a marketplace of some sort, why not?

you reference diablo yet wonder why there is no in game marketplace?
the auction house ruined D3

ironhands
04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
lots of threads on this. there isn't one yet, some hope there won't be, some are demanding one

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Nope. Most people just post in the specific console general forum and make note that it's a trade and whether they're US or EU.

What we need is a specific trade forum and a mail system. Where we can mail someone a gun with a COD, (after setting the trade up on here) and then it automatically deducts the scrip from your total when you collect the item from the mail system.

Makes very little sense to have a trade function but no trade section or auction house.

Elite_T91
04-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Nope. Most people just post in the specific console general forum and make note that it's a trade and whether they're US or EU.

What we need is a specific trade forum and a mail system. Where we can mail someone a gun with a COD, (after setting the trade up on here) and then it automatically deducts the scrip from your total when you collect the item from the mail system.

Makes very little sense to have a trade function but no trade section or auction house.

I don't even know how to trade! And what do I do with my fully exp SMG's that i have left? Sell them to the store for way too little scrip?

ironhands
04-08-2013, 01:28 PM
break it down for resources

Elite_T91
04-08-2013, 01:30 PM
break it down for resources

How is this more effective than selling them?

Shismar
04-08-2013, 01:33 PM
I don't even know how to trade! And what do I do with my fully exp SMG's that i have left? Sell them to the store for way too little scrip?
Break them down in the salvage matrix.

Trade platform, global/regional chat, mail. All items Trion knows how to do but decided not implement in Defiance. I have an orange AR with assassin synergy and lots of nice bonus I'd like to trade for a similar SAW. Not gonna happen, sorry.

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 01:34 PM

Stand next to them. Then click control to bring up the quick chat, then go under nearby, then click their name, it will have a trade invite section. That's how you trade.

ironhands
04-08-2013, 01:35 PM
How is this more effective than selling them?

'cause the only other way to get resources is looting from dead enemies, and you'll need the resources to either buy lockbox keys or mod weapons. scrip you'll always likely have too much and not need it

Elite_T91
04-08-2013, 01:38 PM
'cause the only other way to get resources is looting from dead enemies, and you'll need the resources to either buy lockbox keys or mod weapons. scrip you'll always likely have too much and not need it

Ok and Ark salvage is usefull because ... ?

ironhands
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Ok and Ark salvage is usefull because ... ?

you use it to upgrade your weapons and to buy keys to lockboxes

Trog
04-08-2013, 01:41 PM
why would someone want your weapon that is leveled up? I mean sure they get a weapon that they can not lvl or increase their WS. and you rip them off because they cant lvl it up. I know when I trade a weapon it is not lvled at all.

SonicBoom
04-08-2013, 01:47 PM
the auction house ruined D3This isn't D3. Every MMO I've tried have auction houses, and they all work. D3 is an entirely different game, driven entirely by loot. MMORPGs aren't.

Trog
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
This isn't D3. Every MMO I've tried have auction houses, and they all work. D3 is an entirely different game, driven entirely by loot. MMORPGs aren't.

then you are young :)

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 02:20 PM
why would someone want your weapon that is leveled up? I mean sure they get a weapon that they can not lvl or increase their WS. and you rip them off because they cant lvl it up. I know when I trade a weapon it is not lvled at all.

That's why they need to put a reset button in the salvage matrix like they talked about.

Elite_T91
04-08-2013, 02:25 PM
That's why they need to put a reset button in the salvage matrix like they talked about.

Jhea I also heard that. The bonus will go away but you will get another one when you max out your weapon again. Why isn't this been done yet? I'm wondering how hard Trion is working on the game right now.

Are they cashing in ... or are the hard at work for us ... I really really would like to know this ...

Kwoung
04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
why would someone want your weapon that is leveled up? I mean sure they get a weapon that they can not lvl or increase their WS. and you rip them off because they cant lvl it up. I know when I trade a weapon it is not lvled at all.Seriously? My skill with a weapon from using it for however many levels carries over to whomever I traded it to? That doesn't sound right! The weapon doesn't "level up" does it? I thought it was my skill with that weapon?

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Seriously? My skill with a weapon from using it for however many levels carries over to whomever I traded it to? That doesn't sound right! The weapon doesn't "level up" does it? I thought it was my skill with that weapon?

The game calls it weapon mastery. Each individual gun has one skill level, once you max that out, you gain a bonus stat.
The problem is that you can no longer gain skill proficiency towards that type of gun. There are 20 skill proficiency levels per type of gun.

What he's talking about is when you max out the weapon, it will still be maxed out on the person that you traded to. So they won't be gaining any experience with that weapon.

Shawnchapp
04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
What he's talking about is when you max out the weapon, it will still be maxed out on the person that you traded to. So they won't be gaining any experience with that weapon.

has anyone tested this? i thought if you traded the weapon the mastery lvl reseted...

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 02:54 PM
has anyone tested this? i thought if you traded the weapon the mastery lvl reseted...

I do not recall hearing anything about that. If that's the case, I need to trade some stuff to my friends and then get it back. Haha.

Shawnchapp
04-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I do not recall hearing anything about that. If that's the case,

I haven't read otherwise i just assumed it was tied to the account not the weapon...

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I haven't read otherwise i just assumed it was tied to the account not the weapon...

Tried it, didn't reset it. Didn't think it would. But I was hopeful for a moment.

Shawnchapp
04-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Tried it, didn't reset it. Didn't think it would. But I was hopeful for a moment.

well that just silly, it should reset it would give us more reasons to trade with others...

Thunderclap
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
the auction house ruined D3
D3 was ruined long before the auction house honestly. It was just the final nail.

Thunderclap
04-08-2013, 10:40 PM
why would someone want your weapon that is leveled up? I mean sure they get a weapon that they can not lvl or increase their WS. and you rip them off because they cant lvl it up. I know when I trade a weapon it is not lvled at all. I would like a fully leveled weapon because I could clear the main stories faster because I work and cant invest as much time as I like.

Arsenic_Touch
04-08-2013, 10:57 PM
I would like a fully leveled weapon because I could clear the main stories faster because I work and cant invest as much time as I like.

A leveled weapon only has a minor bonus stat, you'll gain more by level the weapon on your own because it will level up your proficiency with that weapon type.