PDA

View Full Version : XP rewards in Ark falls completely borked and make no sense!

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Tonight I did some testing by doing a bunch of Ark Falls and was astonished how horribly borked the Whole reward system still is! :mad:

Example 1: Participated in a Major Ark fall event, helped destroying 4 Crystals and then Downing the final Super Bug event.
Time spend... over half an hour.

Reward: 750 XP, 300 crips and a couple keys.

Example 2. A single Ark Fall event With a Large bug.... just arrived on the scene and just managed to empty a single Clip. Event ended within 10 Seconds after arrival.

Reward: 6000 XP and 400 or so scrips.

Example 3. A large Ark fall event. Again 4 Crystals and End Crystal. Spend over half an hour.

reward: 500 XP and 300 or so crips and a couple keys.

Example 4. A single Ark fall event With Crystal and mobs (99'ers). Spend over 15 minutes.

reward: 700 XP and 300 or so crips.

Example 5. A single Ark fall event... just barely made it before finished... just shot a couple bullets. Again spend less than 10 Seconds.

reward: 6000 XP and 300 or so crips.

No Wonder People are leeching Ark falls, as the Whole XP rewarding is so borked that it's like russian roulette!
Ranking doesn't matter.... as in Example 1 and Example 3 I was in the top list. While both Ark fall events that gave me 6000 XP I didn't even show up in the top list!

Loot drops are still dissapointing as ever... With mostly white drops and an occasional green. /sigh

This needs serious and urgent fixing! As I am pretty much done doing Ark falls. As effort vs reward currently is a Complete joke!
I get 2000 XP and 250 crip by doing a single side mission that often takes just a minute or two to complete!
So for example and Reference, if I spend half an hour on side missions... I can easily rake in 20k XP and 2500 crip on side mission rewards alone. /shrug

fishboy11
04-08-2013, 02:17 PM
i dunno how accurate that is tho, when i finish a major arkfall i see 10k xp flash over the big boss when he dies, then at the end a bunch more xp numbers flash on the screen, they dont show up on the player rating screen at the end tho.

so i have no idea whats up, next time i'll take a look at my xp bar and see if i am actually getting the xp that flashes briefly on the screen

i agree the loot drops are horrible, i have gotten 1 purple so far and thats from placing first about 8 times and 2nd way more

Cruzi
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I agree.

Also, I ONLY get grenades and shields from the end of the arkfalls. Never seen anything else from the end of an arkfall.

jnt
04-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Kills are insanely bad exp. The only thing worth shooting at in large events is the main boss. It's bad design and only functions atm because not everyone ignores the trash spawns.

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I agree.

Also, I ONLY get grenades and shields from the end of the arkfalls. Never seen anything else from the end of an arkfall.

Me neither. Grenades and Shields only. All white and green drops. Mostly very low rating too. :-/

Xara
04-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Same thing applies to co-op maps, too. Length of participation doesn't match the reward at all.

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 02:26 PM
i dunno how accurate that is tho, when i finish a major arkfall i see 10k xp flash over the big boss when he dies, then at the end a bunch more xp numbers flash on the screen, they dont show up on the player rating screen at the end tho.

so i have no idea whats up, next time i'll take a look at my xp bar and see if i am actually getting the xp that flashes briefly on the screen

i agree the loot drops are horrible, i have gotten 1 purple so far and thats from placing first about 8 times and 2nd way more

I got 5k XP from the final boss.... a final stage event that lasted nearly 10 minutes mind you.
But the end reward of XP and crip at event completion is still a joke as you spend over half an hour for the total event.

Especially since on two occasions I participated for less than 10 Seconds in a Ark fall and was awarded With 6000 XP! lol.

While on example 4 there was no endboss... just a Crystal With 99'er mobs and the XP and crips was just horrible for the effort!

jnt
04-08-2013, 02:27 PM
I got 5k XP from the final boss.... a final stage event that lasted nearly 10 minutes mind you.
But the end reward of XP and crip at event completion is still a joke as you spend over half an hour for the total event.

Especially since on two occasions I participated for less than 10 Seconds and was awarded With 6000 XP! lol.

While on example 4 there was no endboss... just a Crystal With 99'er mobs and the XP and crips was just horrible for the effort!

You don't need to do the whole event....

Only the major is worth anything.

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 02:29 PM
You don't need to do the whole event....

Only the major is worth anything.

Yeah... the least you participate the more reward you get. Exactly what the leechers are currently doing.... Just driving around riding into Ark fall events, shoot a couple bullets and off to the Next event. Rince and repeat.

So let the others do all the work by spending half an hour destroying Crystals to unlock the final Major event! /Facepalm

jnt
04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Yeah... the least you participate the more reward you get. Exactly what the leechers are currently doing.... Just driving around riding into Ark fall events, shoot a couple bullets and off to the Next event. Rince and repeat.

/Facepalm

Not even what I mean. The rewards from the major have nothing to do with your participation in the minor. The hellbug majors are really not that long. Right now, besides a couple pursuits, there isn't really anything rewarding about the minors.
\
edit: and no one is leeching, it's just poor design...

alienoid
04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Kills are insanely bad exp. The only thing worth shooting at in large events is the main boss. It's bad design and only functions atm because not everyone ignores the trash spawns.

The very goal is to kill the boss, not XPing on the trash.
Everyone, be it for shooting trash to help or the boss will get 10k XP. It's a participation reward, not a kill reward.
Everyone will, or will not, it's random, get loot regardless of their ranking. That way everyone has a chance, not the same 3 people over and over at all the arkfalls.
The system is fine that way, no elitist crap, no brag rights, all good.

On a personal note, I never ever had white loot at Arkfall and got a wide variety of weapons green, blue, purple droping along shields and grenades. I'm over 600 EGO, might be related though.

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Not even what I mean. The rewards from the major have nothing to do with your participation in the minor. The hellbug majors are really not that long. Right now, besides a couple pursuits, there isn't really anything rewarding about the minors.

You don't get what I trying to say.

The major events (large circles) require you to destroy 4 Crystals first, before the Final Major event unlocks.

These very time consuming events currently yield the worst XP/crips rewards.

jnt
04-08-2013, 02:33 PM
The very goal is to kill the boss, not XPing on the trash.
Everyone, be it for shooting trash to help or the boss will get 10k XP. It's a participation reward, not a kill reward.
Everyone will, or will not, it's random, get loot regardless of their ranking. That way everyone has a chance, not the same 3 people over and over at all the arkfalls.

On a personal note, I never ever had white loot at Arkfall and got a wide variety of weapons green, blue, purple droping along shields and grenades. I'm over 600 EGO, might be related though.

In a major my choice is shoot the trash for 30 exp a kill or shoot the boss and ignore the trash for 11k. There is no reasonable way you're getting that 11k from trash. This is a reward separate from the end screen btw. If you're not shooting the boss you are depriving yourself of a massive amount of exp.

If you do enough damage to the boss you get an additional 11k xp.

jnt
04-08-2013, 02:34 PM
You don't get what I trying to say.

The major events (large circles) require you to destroy 4 Crystals first, before the Final Major event unlocks.

These very time consuming events currently yield the worst XP/crips rewards.
You can completely ignore those entire events and just wait for the major. I know what you's saying but you're not forced to do that part of the event.

edit: the 4 crystal events have nothing to do with your reward from the hellion etc bosses.

Xara
04-08-2013, 02:36 PM

What on earth makes you think this is anything elitist?

Why don't the mini-portions of a major fall give any reward? Why are there not minimal acceptable contribution levels similar to racing/hotshot events? These don't have to be prohibitive - say that anyone who shows up and takes a single potshot gets a key. The top 75% of participators get additional stuff, the top 50% get the full reward. simple enough.

jnt
04-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Why don't the mini-portions of a major fall give any reward? Why are there not minimal acceptable contribution levels similar to racing/hotshot events? These don't have to be prohibitive - say that anyone who shows up and takes a single potshot gets a key. The top 75% of participators get additional stuff, the top 50% get the full reward. simple enough.

I agree completely.

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 02:37 PM
You can completely ignore those entire events and just wait for the major. I know what you's saying but you're not forced to do that part of the event.

Well if everyone figures this out and avoid the minors.... then the end result will be that the Major event will never unlock anymore.

So not participating isn't a solution to this issue, They just need to overhaul the Whole Ark fall system.

I mean for crying out loud! They just need to look at their other friggin' game RIFT and how they implemented Rifts and Major Rift events there. /Facepalm

Trog
04-08-2013, 02:41 PM
I am always in the top 16 so I am L33T :)

alienoid
04-08-2013, 02:46 PM

Elitist as in leaderboard elitist, I was not talking about the small arkfalls. Those reward you with drop for each wave at the crystal. If one isn't present at the begining, he loses the drop of the previous waves, hence fully rewarding those present from the start.

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Elitist as in leaderboard elitist, I was not talking about the small arkfalls. Those reward you with drop for each wave at the crystal. If one isn't present at the begining, he loses the drop of the previous waves, hence fulling rewarding those present from the start.

The XP/scrip rewards on the end splash screen still don't make any sense and are completely borked!

It's like they accidently reversed the calculation in the code for Ark falls. As the least you participate... the more XP and scrip reward you get on the End splash screen, as I have proven in my Original Post!

So People can currently just leech Arkfall events by driving around Ark fall sites, crush a few bugs or mobs and move on to the Next. Rince and repeat. And be awarded with tons of XP via Splash screen after splash screen after splash screen!

Sorry tho... but that clearly falls under exploiting to me. No Wonder there are already so many People with insane High EGO rankings!

jnt
04-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Just did the last half of a hive mutation major (hellion was at 50% hp when I got there) and did nothing but shoot the boss. I still placed 6th in a group of at least 15. Arkfalls are designed very badly and reward ignoring trash.

Got 2 purples out of it.

jnt
04-08-2013, 03:01 PM
The XP/scrip rewards on the end splash screen still don't make any sense and are completely borked!

It's like they accidently reversed the calculation in the code for Ark falls. As the least you participate... the more XP and scrip reward you get on the End splash screen, as I have proven in my Original Post!

So People can currently just leech Arkfall events by driving around Ark fall sites, crush a few bugs or mobs and move on to the Next. Rince and repeat. And be awarded with tons of XP via Splash screen after splash screen after splash screen!

Sorry tho... but that clearly falls under exploiting to me.

You act like 6k xp every hour or so for little effort is going to wreck the game. Defiance has bigger issues :P

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 03:04 PM
You act like 6k xp every hour or so for little effort is going to wreck the game. Defiance has bigger issues :P

There are a lot of Arkfall events going on at the same time. If you hit them all with a fast car, you can rake in a hell lot more than 6k XP per hour! Especially since standard Ark fall events finish within 15 mins.

It's illegitimate XP through exploiting and needs to be addressed.

jnt
04-08-2013, 03:06 PM
There are a lot of Arkfall events going on at the same time. If you hit them all with a fast car, you can rake in a hell lot more than 6k XP per hour! Especially since standard Ark fall events finish within 15 mins.

Only majors give the rewards you are worried about. There are not that many going on, atm my map is completely empty of them.

Jeronan
04-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Only majors give the rewards you are worried about. There are not that many going on, atm my map is completely empty of them.

The 6k XP rewards from Splashscreen I got from running into solo standalone Ark falls! Not majors!