PDA

View Full Version : PC, XBOX, PS3 cross servers?

jeaf7
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I was wondering is the PC, XBOX and PS3 games going to be cross server where all platforms play together ingame?

dahanese
10-04-2012, 01:23 PM
We won't have cross platform play - each platform will play with their own bases, but not swap between 'em.

Siantlark
10-04-2012, 02:30 PM
We won't have cross platform play - each platform will play with their own bases, but not swap between 'em.
Can we swap characters between each or will they be separate as well?

Clymidia
10-07-2012, 12:48 AM
The problem with cross platform play - it's been proven in the past that PC gamers using a mouse and keyboard can generally destroy console players at shooters. Much higher level of accuracy with a mouse. There's a reason why most console games have a certain amount of auto-aim in them and PC games generally don't.

Siantlark
10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
The problem with cross platform play - it's been proven in the past that PC gamers using a mouse and keyboard can generally destroy console players at shooters. Much higher level of accuracy with a mouse. There's a reason why most console games have a certain amount of auto-aim in them and PC games generally don't.
Glad to see you here too. Also while that is true it still doesn't negate the fact that playing with friends that don't use the PC would have been nice.

Shadinaxx
10-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I agree, but disagree, for this reason: with the next gen platforms and their motion sensitive controllers getting more and more refined, they are coming closer in line to to the accuracy of PC gamers in shooters. I think the cross platform servers has more to do with something else, than just a pvp aspect.

I too, would love to get in the thick of it with my xbox and ps3 bretheren, but oh well, we can swap glory stories in the offtime :)

Disdain
10-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Wasn't the E3 demo cross platform? From what i've read it of it people were reporting that it was cross platform.

Easy way to solve the Targeting on a console would be to supply the game with a Gun/controller hybrid, an anolouge controller/foregrip for 1 handto control forward, side and backwards movement, and a conventional gun controller for the other hand. a 2nd trigger could be used and when depressed would track the screen in relation to where the gun was aimed. Just a thought ;)

Our you could plug in a Keyboard and mouse to your console. Pretty sure each console can use both.

Another point from what i've read, the graphical properties are also different, obviously the PC version will show the most details, but apparently the PS3 details are superior to that of the XBOX. This might be down to developement but i doubt it.

Shadinaxx
10-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Question to the developers: Are there any plans to allow cross platform "tournement" type pvp matches? We all know it will eventually happen that a group of ps3 players claim to be the best, while there will be groups on the xbox and pc that make the same claim, with no way to settle the issue.

I would really hate to see a way this could happen if it meant breaking the immersion, but if there's a way to do it without breaking immersion (maybe the finest fighters being invited to an arena in Texas), that would add levels to the rich environment. Maybe a yearly chapionship the same way most combat championships are run (this is only a short distance into the future, afterall).

vampero
10-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Now that I know PC users can't play with console users I will be going with PC .
I won't have deal with a bunch of tea bagging teenagers ! Lol j/k

Disdain
10-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Now that I know PC users can't play with console users I will be going with PC .
I won't have deal with a bunch of tea bagging teenagers ! Lol j/k

Yeah, you tend to find that the PC community is usually a bit more mature, though thatís not always the case.

vampero
10-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah, you tend to find that the PC community is usually a bit more mature, though that’s not always the case.

That can be true too.

Kriil
10-18-2012, 06:16 PM
It seemed from the dev video that each world (server) would only have a few thousand simultaneous players. If that's the limit, then there would be no reason to make it cross platform, not to mention the possible technical hurdles that would entail. On the other hand, if it were only one server (like EVE Online) then that would be a problem worth solving. Can imagine battles between hundreds of people at once?

JellyBean
11-01-2012, 01:40 PM
It would be amazing to be able to interact with others over other platforms however several games have claimed to have tried and no one has really delivered. I won't believe it unless it happens

Rugby1
11-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Glad to see you here too. Also while that is true it still doesn't negate the fact that playing with friends that don't use the PC would have been nice.

A big reason is that MS and its XBOX Live service enforces conditions that inhibit MMOs from coming to that console. The biggest is that MS requires that THEY host all the servers and matchmaking backend software. Not something that other MMO companies want to give up control.

Golgo28
12-11-2012, 11:42 AM

that is so incorrect i play shooters on consoles and destroy pc players all the time.it's more often that pc players can hack and mod the game easier then can be done on the console.to use hacks and mods you have to mod the console as well.where a pc player can simply just script or download hacks for a game.

Golgo28
12-11-2012, 11:45 AM
A big reason is that MS and its XBOX Live service enforces conditions that inhibit MMOs from coming to that console. The biggest is that MS requires that THEY host all the servers and matchmaking backend software. Not something that other MMO companies want to give up control.

actually companies can host their own servers and not let MS do it.but MS charges a bunch of fees.SE does it with ff11,but they have pay MS money to do so.which is why SE demanded that MS allow ff11 subscribers be allowed to play the game even if they didnt have xbl gold.

Plasma
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
the problem with console marketplaces is that each time content is uploaded their is a fee plus their are a lot fo hoops that need to be jumped trough to satisfy their policy's.
defiance will be multi platform not cross its not just control limitation is all so graphics what happens if console players can see through a bush because the textures are lower or pc players can draw a grater distance because they are not running 5year old gpu like console.

Fiancee
12-12-2012, 08:34 AM
I dont see its necessary, all they need to do is to gather all information they need from all platforms and combine them to one and thats used for the tv-show.

Carnak
12-12-2012, 02:52 PM
A big reason is that MS and its XBOX Live service enforces conditions that inhibit MMOs from coming to that console.

That's my understanding too.

I can't remember which game it was but I remember reading an article where a developer said there was no technical or balance problem with cross-platform servers. They had implemented and tested one and it worked just fine.

The problem was they couldn't reach a viable agreement with MS for the xbox.

Akaelix
04-17-2013, 05:25 AM
I agree, but disagree, for this reason: with the next gen platforms and their motion sensitive controllers getting more and more refined, they are coming closer in line to to the accuracy of PC gamers in shooters. I think the cross platform servers has more to do with something else, than just a pvp aspect.

I too, would love to get in the thick of it with my xbox and ps3 bretheren, but oh well, we can swap glory stories in the offtime :)

There is no way any controler would stand a chacne against a PC ever. Whatever sensitivity it would be.
Only if the PC user where totaly unexperienced with shooters and sucked.

BlueLou61
04-17-2013, 06:11 AM
There is no way any controler would stand a chacne against a PC ever. Whatever sensitivity it would be.

Of course you could use an Aimon XB Elite V (http://www.tuact.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=11&lang=en) wireless mouse ..... that works with both Xbox and PC :-)

Not as good as dedicated PC gaming mouse - but way better than xbox controller on shooters!

Of course I'm so bad at shooters that it doesn't make too much of a difference :D

ev08u
04-17-2013, 06:16 AM
Has nothing to do with one platform being superior to another, its all micro$oft and $ony's fault, they refuse to play nicely

Facade
04-17-2013, 06:16 AM

You realize that you are responding from a comment from over 4 months ago?