PDA

View Full Version : No voice chat

Bodaway
02-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Will this game still be enjoyable without voice chat? I normally just type out conversations but I haven't seen any chat windows in any of the previews I've seen so far.

Archangel
02-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Will this game still be enjoyable without voice chat? I normally just type out conversations but I haven't seen any chat windows in any of the previews I've seen so far.

Game has voice chat as well as text chat.

Voice chat will work with people in your group and guild. Area proximity chat i think is only in pvp but that part i may be mistaken.

I haven't heard anyone while running around the world just singing a song so open world voice chat may not be an option(and im ok with this)

but yes, group and guilds will be able to hear each other once they join up.

DuoMaxwell007
02-27-2013, 04:27 PM

umm ive seen plenty of chatboxes in the videos lol

Desidus
02-27-2013, 04:27 PM

In the hour in defiance video he mentions text chatting.. so its definitely there. However if you want to be in a guild then voice is definitely going to help out.

Defy
02-27-2013, 04:32 PM
I've played most mmos and other online games without using voice chat, and have enjoyed it

rathb18
02-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Of course there voice and text chat, Not like its necessary to enjoy the game but it's there, Plus you still got vent, teamspeak and a few other great voice chat programs if your on PC.

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Game has voice chat as well as text chat.

Voice chat will work with people in your group and guild. Area proximity chat i think is only in pvp but that part i may be mistaken.

I haven't heard anyone while running around the world just singing a song so open world voice chat may not be an option(and im ok with this)

but yes, group and guilds will be able to hear each other once they join up.

in one of the live streams, i heard someone in proximity on lance's screen during an arc fall im pretty sure, or at least on one of the screens, because they ended up having to mute the game.

i dont mind not having proximity... i hear enough bad music played by randoms in planetside2. just hope the large community events like arkfalls have some sort of proximity chat.

Aaricane
02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
i hear enough bad music played by randoms in planetside2. just hope the large community events like arkfalls have some sort of proximity chat.Try playing BO2 on the console

Archangel
02-27-2013, 05:14 PM
in one of the live streams, i heard someone in proximity on lance's screen during an arc fall im pretty sure, or at least on one of the screens, because they ended up having to mute the game.

i dont mind not having proximity... i hear enough bad music played by randoms in planetside2. just hope the large community events like arkfalls have some sort of proximity chat.

The voice you heard was Jenbuu on gregs pc. During the live stream we are watching Greg play. Jenbuu was in Gregs group so that is why we heard him.

Now in Shadow War proximity chat is active and we also heard that in one of the live streams.

I could see people easily abusing an open proximity chat in a MMO style game.

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM
The voice you heard was Jenbuu on gregs pc. During the live stream we are watching Greg play. Jenbuu was in Gregs group so that is why we heard him.

Now in Shadow War proximity chat is active and we also heard that in one of the live streams.

I could see people easily abusing an open proximity chat in a MMO style game.

ahh. well i knew i wasnt hallucinating at least.

maybe consoles would be bad, but i find that the PC community isnt too bad. i mean sure i complain about planetside 2 music spammers, but what is 4-5 people you constantly see in comparison to the few thousand playing.

while it could be bad, it could be good as well. i just hope if not proximity, then some other way of communicating via voice chat with others in the area of say an arkfall. planetside 2 for example has a leader chat where squad and platoon leaders can coordinate but no one else can hear or talk in it.

Price of Ambition
02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Imagine open world proximity chat.. Chinese gold sellers calling out their wares...

A s0t
02-27-2013, 05:46 PM
for xbox every one is in party chat and no one talks at all. ps3 users it a cross game chat, you might get it for ps4

UmbrusNightshade
02-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Quick question to anyone who may know:

I play on PS3 and I'm kinda hard up for cash these days but I was wondering if there are any cheap headsets that would work with the PS3? I would love to have better ones but for now the ability to chat at all would be better than typing. I'm also wary about spending all my rupies on Turtle Beaches (or similar brands) that may not be compatible with PS4 when it releases. If anyone knows anything please let me know. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Dead_Phoenix
02-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Quick question to anyone who may know:

I play on PS3 and I'm kinda hard up for cash these days but I was wondering if there are any cheap headsets that would work with the PS3? I would love to have better ones but for now the ability to chat at all would be better than typing. I'm also wary about spending all my rupies on Turtle Beaches (or similar brands) that may not be compatible with PS4 when it releases. If anyone knows anything please let me know. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

any USB head set will work. or bluetooth ifyou want wireless.

i have a nice bluetooth head set and a rubbish usb one for when it needs charging

UmbrusNightshade
02-28-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks Phoenix. That's good to know. I may have to invest in a cheap USB one for now.

Desidus
02-28-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks Phoenix. That's good to know. I may have to invest in a cheap USB one for now.

I still use my rubbish one.. basically you don't sound as good to the other people... but who cares (specially me I hate my voice, but that is besides the point) They can understand what I am saying and I can understand them. lol.

Martin84
03-01-2013, 03:36 AM
I can live with just the text chat, had to go out and buy a chatpad and headset last night though!

I am soo ready for this game!!