PDA

View Full Version : XP needed for EGO upgrade

BobbaMinx
09-22-2017, 01:27 PM
All of a sudden, I need two million(2,000,000) xp to level up. It used to be be one hundred and twenty thousand(120,000). I am at EGO level 4,200 or so. It does not seem fair. I am a free to play.... errr.... player. Is Trion limiting the game for free players? Are they trying to make free to play people leave because they cannot progress easily? Two million xp is a lot to gain an EGO upgrade. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

DEATHBRINGER210
09-22-2017, 01:47 PM
before the ego bar would lock up at that ego. and you had to do pursuits to level the rest of the way up

binhddhn
09-22-2017, 02:20 PM
That happen when max out all the perks ,everyone have it not just you

BobbaMinx
09-22-2017, 03:19 PM
So two million xp is expected? That is harsh. Pursuits will take a long time to get 2 Million xp. Does this happen to peeps who pay to play?

Johnny Dbag
09-22-2017, 03:22 PM
I know it's hard to believe you actually have to play the game to level up, and you just don't level up each day as you log in. Boggles the mind.

Branded
09-22-2017, 03:26 PM
This minds totally boggled, amongst other things

Moring
09-23-2017, 01:11 AM
I would advise to open pursuits and start doing them, you will gain EGO rating faster than with pure XP. on my alt I try to avoid as much as possible any pursuit, so when I hit the EGO units cap, I can get EGO rating w/o pvp/car races

Light Energy
09-23-2017, 06:56 AM
Just my 2 cents worth (reiterating some of what has been said):

I remember when I got to around the 4600 EGO mark… I thought it had stopped working! :D I thought “oh…my EGO level hasn’t changed…that’s odd” :eek:.

And then I did a little reading up on the forums etc and discovered that it was normal and that everyone has the same thing. The amount of XP required to fill the bar suddenly jumps to 2 million.

It’s at this point that most players will recommend on focusing on pursuits to level up (since many can be completed fairly quickly). Also, I have noticed some players have not allocated all their EGO units (I used them as soon as I could)...so perhaps they are delaying hitting the 2 million requirement?

I have to say: I found it easier to fill the XP bar when I had a Patron Pass (with the XP boost) and did lots of old style event majors (the enemies had lots of HP). Also, there were the holiday pursuits which helped too.

DEATHBRINGER210
09-23-2017, 12:55 PM
Just my 2 cents worth (reiterating some of what has been said):

I remember when I got to around the 4600 EGO mark… I thought it had stopped working! :D I thought “oh…my EGO level hasn’t changed…that’s odd” :eek:.

And then I did a little reading up on the forums etc and discovered that it was normal and that everyone has the same thing. The amount of XP required to fill the bar suddenly jumps to 2 million.

It’s at this point that most players will recommend on focusing on pursuits to level up (since many can be completed fairly quickly). Also, I have noticed some players have not allocated all their EGO units (I used them as soon as I could)...so perhaps they are delaying hitting the 2 million requirement?

I have to say: I found it easier to fill the XP bar when I had a Patron Pass (with the XP boost) and did lots of old style event majors (the enemies had lots of HP). Also, there were the holiday pursuits which helped too.

holiday pursuits dont award ego points or xp.

Calm like a Bomb
09-23-2017, 01:09 PM
holiday pursuits dont award ego points or xp.
I don't believe that's what he was implying. I think he just meant that it was alot easier grinding the old way to gain xp than it is now and that to complete event pursuits were an incentive to keep up the grind...but idk, I could be wrong:rolleyes::p:D

kromc5
09-23-2017, 01:45 PM
At first you can see the slight slow down but just having fun and doing events character leveling still goes very fast.

All of a sudden, I need two million(2,000,000) xp to level up. It used to be be one hundred and twenty thousand(120,000). I am at EGO level 4,200 or so. It does not seem fair. I am a free to play.... errr.... player. Is Trion limiting the game for free players? Are they trying to make free to play people leave because they cannot progress easily? Two million xp is a lot to gain an EGO upgrade. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Light Energy
09-23-2017, 04:08 PM
holiday pursuits dont award ego points or xp.I don't believe that's what he was implying. I think he just meant that it was alot easier grinding the old way to gain xp than it is now and that to complete event pursuits were an incentive to keep up the grind...but idk, I could be wrong:rolleyes::p:D

Ah... yeah.. sorry for not making that clearer. Yeah, the holiday pursuits don't award EGO points.

I was thinking about a conversation I had with a player (yesterday) who had just 55 slots in their inventory...so I was thinking they might have liked the holiday pursuits such as Imposed Half-Life (http://www.defiancedata.com/pursuit=198/imposed-half-life), which provided 35 extra slots. And in turn these can provide an extra incentive to grind the event majors/minors...and earn some XP as well :).
Basically, I'm saying it seemed to go faster when there was more motivation and I wasn't just focusing on levelling up :).

Darknessss
09-23-2017, 08:27 PM

Once you hit the xp wall, if you only play sieges it takes about 4,000 of them to make it all the way to 6k ego. And you are correct, its not fair. It is however, unbeknownst to all new players, the result of a compromise. A compromise that Trion will at some point have to re-visit.

This game has had from the beginning a lot of built in problems that it is still trying to work out. One of them was the XP wall that required you to be able to complete all the pursuits to make it to the max ego (orig 4k, then later 6k). The zero-day flaw with that, is you had to be great at every game genre. And yes great, not just good, at RPG's, FPS/3PS and driving games to complete all the pursuits.

Now there were and are thousands of very elite players that are great at everything, that play this game. They are extremely skilled and most have mega hi speed internet connections. I am not one of those players. I hit the wall around 5200 ego. I complained in the forums and got the same replies from the elites as everone else 'tuff shtako, keep quiet and earn it like they did or go play a different game, too bad so sad' And thats what I did, I quit playing.

Unfortunately for Trion hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of other players hit the xp wall and also quit playing. So they came up with the compromise, make it extremely difficult to grind the xp, but not so impossible that players will still see it as a wall and quit while still letting the elites tout their achievements and skill. You'll still see some elites running around with the title '6k in my day' but not many, they didnt stick around like Trion had hoped.

So after they made the change, I was one of the few that did come back and grind my way to 6k. Fortunately I was above 5k, and that is a big leap in weapons and shields. Also its the expert level, so you can join the expert co-op que and complete the chimera dlc dailies. All of the dlc seems to be intended for the expert level.

So make your goal 5k not 6k to start. It gets a lot easier after you get to the expert level. That's also the level that the current version of patron pass can really give you a push. The xp and score boosts almost guarantee that you will get the 200k max personal score at sieges and major arkfalls cutting your grind time in half.

I do believe that the current devs know the xp/ego comprise really wasnt the best solution. They can see how many players still hit the xp barrier and quit. They also can see that the mid level ego level players dont have as many in game choices as the expert levels. Ever play advanced level co-ops? me neither. IMO they need to either lower the expert level to 4k or make the xp leveling graduated from 4-6k and not have a sudden unexpected barrier that you slam into without any explanation of why its there.

I hope you stick around, it really does get easier and reaching 6k is worth the effort.

JOCCO5150
09-23-2017, 11:08 PM
Reaching 6k now is like blah! Everybody can do it no problem. It was way better when you had to have pursuits. Just my opinion.

Jack Robo
09-24-2017, 06:58 AM
at least you get easy levels...all older players couldnt get any ego after a point

Blah Blah Blah its not fair..its now 2 million.. for older players whats is it then? if a bit more is unfair.
my bar was there.. and then it wasnt i had to GRIND pursuuits to hit 6000

Darknessss
09-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Reaching 6k now is like blah! Everybody can do it no problem. It was way better when you had to have pursuits. Just my opinion.

at least you get easy levels...all older players couldnt get any ego after a point
Blah Blah Blah its not fair..its now 2 million.. for older players whats is it then? if a bit more is unfair.
my bar was there.. and then it wasnt i had to GRIND pursuuits to hit 6000

The Original Posters question was "Why did he suddenly, without any explanation, get blindsided by a 2mil xp barrier." New players have no idea why this barrier exists. Theres no warning, no explanation, just bam! there it is.

An like the OP many believe they are being punished for being F2P. Its simply not true, Trion is not trying to punish anyone for being F2P.

It is unfortunate that some players still have the 'too bad so sad, just quit if you dont like it attitude'. It is sad that some elites get angry at the mere suggestion that you can get to 6k without doing it they exact same way they did. I want the OP to know that these players are very few of the player base, so just ignore them.

No other game has such a strange and bizarre xp barrier and this one shouldnt. I really beleive trion will make changes soon so that you dont have to endure the same weird obstacles that I had to overcome to get to 6k.

Stick with it, it is worth it.

The Notorious BMG
09-24-2017, 06:41 PM
The Original Posters question was "Why did he suddenly, without any explanation, get blindsided by a 2mil xp barrier." New players have no idea why this barrier exists. Theres no warning, no explanation, just bam! there it is.

Suddenly... blindsided... on a four year old game??? And you say MILLIONS left and you were ONE OF THE FEW that came back? Hyperbole much? How do you get blindsided on a four year old game?

Back in the day you had to make a choice, PVP pursuits or the Defiance Cart pursuits. Then we got the Expo pursuits. But that was still the last 300 ego or so. Everybody complained about the last 300 of ego. It wasnt necessary and it still isnt. Its even less needed. We asked for choices and they gave us choices. And now its still not easy enough? You dont HAVE to do the races or PVP anymore.

JOCCO5150
09-24-2017, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry if you thought I was belittling you. I was just saying that I thought it was better when you had to have pursuits to reach 6k. You'll get there, just keep grinding. If you do pursuits you will will get there a lot faster. I reached 6k in 2 months on my new toon.

Punkcore
09-25-2017, 07:28 AM
Where is the fun and the accomplishment feeling if you dont have to work for it?
And c'mon, it's really not that hard, only needs some efforts.

Bloodbath82
09-25-2017, 05:21 PM
I'd have to say I agree with both sides hitting 6k is easy now but they definitely should have tapered the new experience bars. A flat 2 mill is not fair to the unsuspecting player. It needs balance. Start where the previous bar left off with a gradual increase each level instead of slamming them with the full brunt seeing as how dmg increases as you level experience should match the ego.

BobbaMinx
09-27-2017, 12:55 PM
I do not really care for races in open world games. I can get the data recorder locations off Youtube. I never wanted to play a racing game. Two million xp before ego upgrade puts me off the game. There are players at 6000 ego who seem to enjoy spawning difficult monsters to kill near you, and they never help. I had this happen several times ovr the last few days. If there is a lesser ego player near me, I always help them fend of the monsters with guns; not so the 6000 ego players I have had the bad luck to run in to. Is there a difference in mentality between those who spend real money on this game, and the rest of us who do not? The reasoning could be like this: 6k players think because I have spent money, I will not help low-life free-to-play players to progress; they need to spend real money to be like me and then I will respect them.

Johnny Dbag
09-27-2017, 01:56 PM
There are plenty of free to play 6k players. Also, if they are around you, they are raising the threat level, which will give you more XP, which seems to be what you are after. So these 6k players are in fact helping you, not hindering you. If you do not want to do the driving pursuits, Trion has already given you a way around them, leveling up through XP only. If you grind/play higher level threat activities, your XP will go up faster.

kromc5
09-27-2017, 03:18 PM
1+ for this, I'm almost certain I have not completed one driving pursuit.

There are plenty of free to play 6k players. Also, if they are around you, they are raising the threat level, which will give you more XP, which seems to be what you are after. So these 6k players are in fact helping you, not hindering you. If you do not want to do the driving pursuits, Trion has already given you a way around them, leveling up through XP only. If you grind/play higher level threat activities, your XP will go up faster.