PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding physical copy pre-order

Kryhno
02-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Good evening everyone. I just recently pre-ordered a physical copy of Defiance for the PS3. I was just curious of when the retailer would be emailing me the code for beta sign up? I realize the beta isn't until mid March for consoles, however I just wanted to make sure I did everything I was supposed to do. The retailer I used is Gamestop. Thanks!

Ollam
02-27-2013, 06:41 PM
With gamestop if your ordered online you would have to check your email for the code they give you for pre-order around the time the beta is announced. if you ordered in store they should have cards with the codes sent to them to give out at the time beta comes around. If your worried you could always email gamestop support about it, puts a little pressure on them sometimes and you can get reassured or possibly send an email to trion and ask in a friendly manner how long in advance to the beta announcement should gamestop be contacting you with your codes.

Defy
02-27-2013, 06:47 PM
though Beta for consoles still havent been announced

there are some rumors that theres gonna be info on friday

Kryhno
02-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I figured it would come separately. I made the order online so I just wanted to make sure I didn't have to do anything else on my end. I will wait a few days and shoot them an email if I don't get anything. I am not too concerned about the beta access, but hey a few hours "sneak peak" would be nice.

emanual
02-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Wait, I pre-ordered the PS3 version at GS and never got any card and haven't heard anything about a beta card till now, from what I understand you use the code on the receipt on the website it says on the reciept and when you apply for the beta you get priority for beta, or e-mailed beta code when it happens...

Ollam
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Wait, I pre-ordered the PS3 version at GS and never got any card and haven't heard anything about a beta card till now, from what I understand you use the code on the receipt on the website it says on the reciept and when you apply for the beta you get priority for beta, or e-mailed beta code when it happens...

If you got your code on the receipt you should be fine. My gamestop does both, some games you get the code printed on the receipt some days they hand you a promo card from the game makers.

Agent I3
02-28-2013, 01:05 AM
I pre-ordered mine from game, via internet. I didn't get the code, so i contacted them, and they have no clue about it, but said once they get the codes, they will email it out to the people who have pre-ordered the game.