PDA

View Full Version : False advertising?

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 03:52 PM
They are still advertising the ark infiltrator suit as red, which it is not. Isn't that technically false advertising and illegal? They say if you buy certain editions you get a red suit, I didn't get a red suit. Am I wrong? (you don't have to like my opinion, you can think i'm petty and pathetic, but facts are still facts last i checked)

Also, anyone else have an issue with live chat not working? Quite frankly I enjoy the game, i think it's slightly above average, kind of like rift. Decent game, nothing special. But i am annoyed at buying the ultimate edition when quite frankly I think trion dropped the ball. Again, I really don't care if you think they did or not, wonderful thing about opinions. But, I want to return it. I was attempting to support a great game, so I threw some extra money at them. i don't throw extra money at mediocre games.

Pain
04-08-2013, 03:54 PM
I heard it was a glitch with the coding and it will be fixed in the major patch.

Jardian
04-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Its already said its a glitch and on the list to be fixed. So you could have saved your nerd rage with some reading or a ticket for that matter. As a side note though all Dig content comes with an agreement of sorts. "That color and size may vary" So as for it being illegal nope ROFL.

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Its already said its a glitch and on the list to be fixed. So you could have saved your nerd rage with some reading or a ticket for that matter. As a side note though all Dig content comes with an agreement of sorts. "That color and size may vary" So as for it being illegal nope ROFL.

Can you show me that agreement?

Carthan_Plex
04-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Please return the game. If this is the reason you don't want to play, if you can't look past the color of something that has no actual impact on gameplay. We would rather not have you.

Krazee DD
04-08-2013, 04:02 PM
Oh brother....

http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2012/11/picard-facepalm2.jpg

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Please return the game. If this is the reason you don't want to play, if you can't look past the color of something that has no actual impact on gameplay. We would rather not have you.

yes, you don't like other peoples opinions. that's okay, go away now silly person.

Carthan_Plex
04-08-2013, 04:09 PM
yes, you don't like other peoples opinions. that's okay, go away now silly person.

Actually sir, you pretty much just contridicted yourself. It is my opinion that your opinion is silly. So, telling me to go away because of what I said is going against what you said in your first post. That is all.

Shiny Pidgey
04-08-2013, 04:11 PM
The EULA you agree to every single time you launch the game specifically says that they can change whatever they want, to include premium content, at any time without notice. So, no. From a legal standpoint, this is not false advertising.

Besides which, the support staff have indicated (as others have pointed out) that the wrong version of the armor was awarded, and a fix is incoming. In case you haven't noticed, there are bigger issues at hand that need to be fixed before this one.

Nerdy Ryuu
04-08-2013, 04:12 PM
He has every right to be mad about his suit not being red. I didnt preorder those kind of copies , so Im not getting one anyway. But he still has the right to be upset about this.

Carthan_Plex
04-08-2013, 04:14 PM
He has every right to be mad about his suit not being red. I didnt preorder those kind of copies , so Im not getting one anyway. But he still has the right to be upset about this.

There is no problem with him being upset over that. He must REALLY like the color red! But to feel the need to return the game over somethig that's totally cosmetic and not because of something that actually affects the game is what I found mind numbing.

fang1192
04-08-2013, 04:17 PM

Just because you have the right does not mean you should exercise it, this is probably one of the more vapid and inane reasons to be mad AND hes a couple days late AND the devs made a statement on it already AND there is the EULA that you can read every time you load up the game or open the manual.

Jardian
04-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Can you show me that agreement?

You can look at any EULA at the purchase of the content. You agree to the same thing every time you log in as well. But in this case its a bugged item just amuses me when a person screams illegal and dont read the EULA's before he buys.

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
The EULA you agree to every single time you launch the game specifically says that they can change whatever they want, to include premium content, at any time without notice. So, no. From a legal standpoint, this is not false advertising.

Besides which, the support staff have indicated (as others have pointed out) that the wrong version of the armor was awarded, and a fix is incoming. In case you haven't noticed, there are bigger issues at hand that need to be fixed before this one.

Actually, if it's only in the EULA it would still be false advertising. I didn't agree to the EULA prior to buying the game, I agreed to it AFTER I bought the game. the point being, they told me I would get red armor when I purchased the game prior to making any agreement. I get it's a bug and to be fixed, but that's besides the point.

Oh, and for the record, my issue with the game has nothing to do with the armor color. Reading comprehension is key, I want to return the game because the company as a whole dropped the ball. the game is average at best, and they didn't show it worthy of an ultimate edition purchase. It's a 40 dollar game at best. And i'm aggravated i spent extra money for a company to act like their game release is one giant joke.

Nerdy Ryuu
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Just because you have the right does not mean you should exercise it, this is probably one of the more vapid and inane reasons to be mad AND hes a couple days late AND the devs made a statement on it already AND there is the EULA that you can read every time you load up the game or open the manual.
Wow just because you have the right dont mean you should exercise it? LOL okay to many white knights in this thread.

I think he is just mad and talking out his A** I dont think he really means anything by it

LALLY
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM

exactly .

PoPeFuNeRaL94
04-08-2013, 04:24 PM
My camo is not red must quit playing.

LALLY
04-08-2013, 04:25 PM

lol .

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 04:28 PM

my xbox is red, my car is red, my house is red, I have red plates bowls and cups. I have a red dye infusion system so that all the water in my house is red, i only wear red clothes. Hell, i won't even have sex with my wife if she isn't on her period.

RobGotBanned
04-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Did it say anywhere "Red Infiltrator Outfit" ? The only places I've seen is "Infiltrator Outfit", just because something looks good on a picture doesn't mean thats what you'll get, just look at some Mcdonalds restaurant outlets (;

PoPeFuNeRaL94
04-08-2013, 04:30 PM
my xbox is red, my car is red, my house is red, I have red plates bowls and cups. I have a red dye infusion system so that all the water in my house is red, i only wear red clothes. Hell, i won't even have sex with my wife if she isn't on her period.
you made me laugh

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Did it say anywhere "Red Infiltrator Outfit" ? The only places I've seen is "Infiltrator Outfit", just because something looks good on a picture doesn't mean thats what you'll get, just look at some Mcdonalds restaurant outlets (;

I actually have free McDonalds for life, I sued them for false advertising because the food I ordered didn't look like the picture, and i won.

fang1192
04-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Wow just because you have the right dont mean you should exercise it? LOL okay to many white knights in this thread.

I think he is just mad and talking out his A** I dont think he really means anything by it

If you break into my house and threaten me, i have every right to shoot you however just because i can does not mean i should, for all parties involved it would be better for me to restrain you and call the cops. And white knight? really? god forbid i stick up for the game and by extension the company that i like. Nope, better be a hater cause thats whats cool.

Shiny Pidgey
04-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Actually, if it's only in the EULA it would still be false advertising. I didn't agree to the EULA prior to buying the game, I agreed to it AFTER I bought the game. the point being, they told me I would get red armor when I purchased the game prior to making any agreement. I get it's a bug and to be fixed, but that's besides the point.

The concept of false advertisement is a really complicated one that a lot of people don't fully grasp - I'm not talking down to you here, I don't fully grasp it myself, to be frank. What I can tell you about it, though, is that it's a lot more complicated than "they said this armor was red and it isn't so that's false advertising." From a legal standpoint, it probably isn't. Further, the EULA agreement does, in fact, cover this case, as essentially all they've done is change the armor's color. You were advertised red armor, and you received red armor that was changed (legally as per the EULA) to be desert-camo instead. Again, this is all from a legal standpoint.

Another thing is that you actually agreed to a EULA as soon as you opened the game case, and if you purchased the game straight from Trion, as soon as you ordered your copy (if you bought if from a retailer such as Gamestop this isn't the case). The legal world is really funny like that, you've usually agreed to something long before you realize you have, because it's perfectly fine for companies to use language like "by purchasing and using this software, you agree to..." etc. Check out the block of small print on the back of any game case.

From a personal standpoint, you have every right to be upset about it, even angry. You have every right to stop playing the game, to return it, to trade it in, to give it away (actually you can't legally do this either, but that's a different issue entirely and to be honest nobody, including Microsoft or Trio, will care), to do whatever it is you plan on doing with it. It's not a reasonable reaction in my opinion, though, and here's why:

Trion have acknowledged every single mistake they've made since the game launched, with the potential exception of subjective opinions such as 'such and such sucks' or 'blah blah should work like yak yak instead of like gabba gabba.' They've been extremely vocal, and they've ironed out most of the super important kinks very quickly. They very much have not acted like the situation is fine. We've got the community mangers literally making daily blog posts about how ****ed everything is, and what they're doing to fix it. They've been way more open about this stuff than any other company I've seen before, and these are issues that are extremely common for MMO games, almost to be expected if you've been involved with the genre before.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion, but the only purpose for posting about it here would be for others to respond to it, so that's what you're getting. If you were intending to contact the developers directly, there's better ways of doing that. And if you do, expect exactly the same responses we've been giving - they know it's ****ed, they're working on it, and they apologize.

Jardian
04-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I actually have free McDonalds for life, I sued them for false advertising because the food I ordered didn't look like the picture, and i won.

Now you prove your just another 6 year old troll. Again learn to read the small print. and yes the EULA applys from time of purchase.

Barrik
04-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Oh, and for the record, my issue with the game has nothing to do with the armor color. Reading comprehension is key, I want to return the game because the company as a whole dropped the ball. the game is average at best, and they didn't show it worthy of an ultimate edition purchase. It's a 40 dollar game at best. And i'm aggravated i spent extra money for a company to act like their game release is one giant joke.

You sir have now proven without a shadow of a doubt that you are beyond ignorant as it pertains to the law. It does not matter when an agreement is signed. Once it's signed, it's agreed to. You cannot go back to the point before you agreed to said agreement and call shenanigans.

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Now you prove your just another 6 year old troll. Again learn to read the small print. and yes the EULA applys from time of purchase.

Damn, i'm one articulate 6 year old. Oh, and the word is APPLIES. You know, the way a 6 year old would spell it.

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 04:44 PM
You sir have now proven without a shadow of a doubt that you are beyond ignorant as it pertains to the law. It does not matter when an agreement is signed. Once it's signed, it's agreed to. You cannot go back to the point before you agreed to said agreement and call shenanigans.

Post precision ad deuterium. look it up.

Barrik
04-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Post precision ad deuterium. look it up.

LOL, that does not apply here.

LOL at your google law

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 04:47 PM
LOL, that does not apply here.

LOL at your google law

Wait, you looked it up? It actually exists? I just put a bunch of made up words that sounded legal together and then used spellcheck.

More importantly, you actually looked it up? I MADE YOU LOOK!

Dread0124
04-08-2013, 04:56 PM
You're right i do think your pretty pathetic lol...

ranger2410
04-08-2013, 04:59 PM
You're right i do think your pretty pathetic lol...

it's okay, I'm a super model with a super model wife, a 6 figure salary, and I give ron jeremy a run for his money if you know what I mean. I'm sure you are just jealous.

Exo
04-08-2013, 05:02 PM
They are still advertising the ark infiltrator suit as red, which it is not. Isn't that technically false advertising and illegal? They say if you buy certain editions you get a red suit, I didn't get a red suit. Am I wrong? (you don't have to like my opinion, you can think i'm petty and pathetic, but facts are still facts last i checked)

Also, anyone else have an issue with live chat not working? Quite frankly I enjoy the game, i think it's slightly above average, kind of like rift. Decent game, nothing special. But i am annoyed at buying the ultimate edition when quite frankly I think trion dropped the ball. Again, I really don't care if you think they did or not, wonderful thing about opinions. But, I want to return it. I was attempting to support a great game, so I threw some extra money at them. i don't throw extra money at mediocre games.

I stopped reading after first line. You're right, I think it's petty, and for me the colour of the suit had NOTHING to do with my excitement for the game. Besides, in arkfalls and big groups the generic skin everyone gets over rides the graphic everyone sees. I can appreciate wanting the specific colour, but after playing the game and earning some additional costumes Im using a mix n match set of uniforms.

HaZeY
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Dont know if troll, or just dumb

Shiny Pidgey
04-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Dont know if troll, or just dumb

Both. He started out dumb, tried to save face, and then switched to troll mode when he realized he still looked dumb.

Hazel
04-08-2013, 05:16 PM
I found it funny that it's red on the website, and blue on the box. Then it's gold/yellow/brown in the game. I didn't make a fuss about it because I had assumed they just were showing the model and not the color. Nice to know it's a glitch that it isn't red though. It would look a lot better red.

raylo
04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
"FALSE ADVERTISING?" hmm lets think about every business, corporation, company ect. give me one that doesnt "false advertise these days"

raylo
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
and im superman with spidermans capabilities and aqua-mans brother...anybody can be anything they want on the internet...."no hope for the human race"

Shiny Pidgey
04-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I didn't even consider this, but now that I think about it I can almost guarantee you, without even looking, that every single ad that shows off the armor also has a disclaimer about how colors and models may vary.