PDA

View Full Version : Game out in a month and should ship out in two weeks for inventories

killerbee04x
02-27-2013, 07:09 PM
So the third beta should be the actual game.. it's two week out from shipping and still they have issues with the xbox 360 and PS3. I think PS3 more because they never featured it.. Then Xbox live needs the download content soon so they can upload it on there servers for all the fixes.. This is not good at all.. two weeks from shipping and they still never had a beta 360 or beta PS3.... sorry for my rants.. this doesn't look good.. what are your thoughts...

Bar6arian
02-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Blah Blah Blah... no worries

A s0t
02-27-2013, 07:12 PM
don't worry there wasn't a beta for Aliens Colonial Marines (xbox 360) and that game was perfect sarcasm

killerbee04x
02-27-2013, 07:13 PM
you are now muted.. kids these days....

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 07:14 PM
they are playing the game on ps3, xbox and PC... they have said as much. so they are making sure the bugs are ironed out for all systems.

who are you to say there are still issues with the xbox and ps3 version?

and it depends on what kind of hotfix they issue. it could be completely serverside, in which case i am pretty sure they dont need MS/sony to authenticate the content. if however they need to make a big client change then they need 2 weeks to authenticate.... which can be done and simply have a day one update.

you are making a mountain out of an anthill

Desidus
02-27-2013, 07:19 PM
So the third beta should be the actual game.. it's two week out from shipping and still they have issues with the xbox 360 and PS3. I think PS3 more because they never featured it.. Then Xbox live needs the download content soon so they can upload it on there servers for all the fixes.. This is not good at all.. two weeks from shipping and they still never had a beta 360 or beta PS3.... sorry for my rants.. this doesn't look good.. what are your thoughts...

I am thinking that I am tired of hearing the same topics brought up over and over again. NDA, Beta console release, and Codes... the last one I can deal with the other two... lets just say I wish someone would come up with something else to talk about. I know everyone is worried, but seriously there isn't much we can do about it at this point. Remember that they can always patch after the game is shipped and almost every company does do that.

Sorry thats my rant.. and I am done now. lol. *might be cause my kids are driving me up the wall at the moment*

Shadow2400
02-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Hakuna Matata my good sir :) What a wonderful phrase :D

Desidus
02-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Hakuna Matata my good sir :) What a wonderful phrase :D

Means no worries, for the rest of your days... its our problem free philosophy... hakuna matata.... Haaaaaaaaaaakuuuuuuuuunnnnnaaaaa ma.ta.taaaaaaaa....

thanks that always makes me feel better. lol. *the fact that the kids are now asleep helps too* :P

killerbee04x
02-27-2013, 08:35 PM
wow the hate people have.. well i saw the 360 video.. do i need to say more... I haven't seen ANY PS3 PLAY.. wow we got a lot of angry players here.. MMO's have been around for a while.. we expect more... The game will come out good on the PC.. i'm not convinced with the 360 and Ps3.. they didn't seem to care much for there new aspects they are taken on.. we Ps3 and xbox players will not be treated like second rate people.. lay off the pc.. people didn't move to the 360 or Ps3 for no given reason... I don't know who is in charge, but you need to fix your self.. stop treating the game like its (MMO is PC ONLY) why would a xbox or Ps3 player pay MMO's.. it looks like they are bringing the ps3 and xbox features to the PC to better the PC.. not better the 360 or Ps3.. well my rants are over... I'll see you in game.... one month count down..2 weeks till shipping maybe 3 weeks..

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 08:42 PM
what are you going on about?

not only can you not separate ideas intelligibly, but you seem under this illusion there is a great big conspiracy.

PC is easy to test on since DEVs dont need another party to authenticate every little client update.

not sure what you are going on about the whole xbox and ps3 to PC port thing. how in gods name can you say the xbox/ps3 are bettering the PC? they are using direct x9 because the xbox and PS3 are so dated....

also, they have said they developed the game on all three systems at once so that they would all work equally well. as you would know if you saw anything more than a few trailers.

you saw the xbox video? then you know it was a VERY early build of the game? and you know that the game is the same on all three systems, because they are testing the game on all three systems cross platform on their own servers?

MMOs have been around for a while..... what does that have to do with anything? you expect more? xbox and PS3 only have so many MMOs, and its not that many.

Jamesdanex
02-27-2013, 08:50 PM
what are you going on about?

not only can you not separate ideas intelligibly, but you seem under this illusion there is a great big conspiracy.

PC is easy to test on since DEVs dont need another party to authenticate every little client update.

not sure what you are going on about the whole xbox and ps3 to PC port thing. how in gods name can you say the xbox/ps3 are bettering the PC? they are using direct x9 because the xbox and PS3 are so dated....

also, they have said they developed the game on all three systems at once so that they would all work equally well. as you would know if you saw anything more than a few trailers.

you saw the xbox video? then you know it was a VERY early build of the game? and you know that the game is the same on all three systems, because they are testing the game on all three systems cross platform on their own servers?

MMOs have been around for a while..... what does that have to do with anything? you expect more? xbox and PS3 only have so many MMOs, and its not that many.

Take your forum anger elsewhere, there's no need to get butthurt over someones post. Just ignore it if it makes you that mad.

OT It'll be here within a few weeks, just keep hanging in there. :)

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 08:55 PM
Take your forum anger elsewhere, there's no need to get butthurt over someones post. Just ignore it if it makes you that mad.

OT It'll be here within a few weeks, just keep hanging in there. :)

anger?
i am asking questions.
because he separates everything with ... things get hard to read, so i made a statement.
he is going on about things that have answers on the forums if you search, and answers in videos if he watches them.

im angry...if you say so

edit: after rereading it, i can see how it could be construed as an angry post depending on how you read it after the first line, but that was not my intention at all.

emanual
02-27-2013, 09:16 PM
I think with most online games theres bugs in general for about a month, I for one am getting the PS3 version and think it will run just fine

StickyChief
02-27-2013, 09:41 PM
I understand where your coming from, and it makes sense that you are worrying, but there is nothing we can do at the moment. But of course there will be bugs that need to be patched early on. The game is an MMO after all.

UC xVADERx
02-27-2013, 09:51 PM
http://s3.vidimg.popscreen.com/original/2/TmpPTEVSOFhxUWMx_o_goodbye-horses-dance-by-jay.jpg

Dead_Phoenix
02-28-2013, 01:23 AM
the version you saw in the ign demo was a early alpha, not the beta version.

they said we would have a console beta and we more then likly will. rather then being some major reason, given this is close to the date and probly treated more like a demo (by the masses) purhaps they are wanting more polish and less issue for people to panic over.

Prophet of Entropy
02-28-2013, 01:25 AM
wow the hate people have.. well i saw the 360 video.. do i need to say more... I haven't seen ANY PS3 PLAY.. wow we got a lot of angry players here.. MMO's have been around for a while.. we expect more... The game will come out good on the PC.. i'm not convinced with the 360 and Ps3.. they didn't seem to care much for there new aspects they are taken on.. we Ps3 and xbox players will not be treated like second rate people.. lay off the pc.. people didn't move to the 360 or Ps3 for no given reason... I don't know who is in charge, but you need to fix your self.. stop treating the game like its (MMO is PC ONLY) why would a xbox or Ps3 player pay MMO's.. it looks like they are bringing the ps3 and xbox features to the PC to better the PC.. not better the 360 or Ps3.. well my rants are over... I'll see you in game.... one month count down..2 weeks till shipping maybe 3 weeks..

if you can't take the time to proof read your post or make it readable with sentances and paragraphs, why would you would you expect anyone to take the time to do anything but mock you?

CReaper210
02-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Yeah, as I've said before in other threads, whenever the "beta" comes out for consoles, it is not actually a beta, but essentially just an early demo. What you see in the beta will most likely be EXACTLY what the real game will be. They won't have nearly enough time to get any fixes into the game by launch with such a late beta.

It is the same thing that happened with Medal of Honor. They had their open beta so late, that when the game launched, all the bugs, even the biggest and most broken of them all were still in the game when it launched.

I'm sure that a lot of the fixes from the PC beta also applied to console versions, but still, consoles work differently and who knows what bugs might be on the console version that no one found on PC?

mushinwolf
02-28-2013, 02:20 AM
I believe the devs have said that there will be a day one patch-which is very common, there may be a few bugs here and there but nothing game breaking.
Trust in TRION to do their jobs, after all they want this to be good too! :)

SweetMadness
02-28-2013, 03:17 AM
they are playing the game on ps3, xbox and PC... they have said as much. so they are making sure the bugs are ironed out for all systems.

who are you to say there are still issues with the xbox and ps3 version?

and it depends on what kind of hotfix they issue. it could be completely serverside, in which case i am pretty sure they dont need MS/sony to authenticate the content. if however they need to make a big client change then they need 2 weeks to authenticate.... which can be done and simply have a day one update.

you are making a mountain out of an anthill

To be fair, some ants make some impressively large hills. Just saying.

Snow
02-28-2013, 03:34 AM
I dont get all the fuzz about this.

They released rift and it was fine yeah ofcourse they had to iron out a few problems after the release but hey noone is perfect.

So i put my trust in TW and wait on it, yeah i got the pc version since i like to play games like this on PC.

So dont worry about it give it time all will be well and good, no panic all can be fixed after release as long the basics are in order.

P0tshot
02-28-2013, 04:22 AM
I have every faith in the game itself, I just hope they stress test the **** out of the servers. It seems to be a stumbling block on a lot of releases aimed at online play that they just vastly underestimate the demands placed on the servers and have real issues as a result.

I for one will be getting the Xbox version, chose that one over the PS3 version purely for the voice chat. I played DC Universe Online on the station and they never managed to quite get voice chat right. I know that is a completely different developer but the reason for the dodgy chat that they kept on coming back to the community with was RAM issues in the Station itself that were (for them at least) impossible to overcome.

Time will tell.

Buruko
02-28-2013, 07:43 AM
There are a ton of MMOs for PC, yes won't argue that but there hasn't been one that has ever had a flawless launch. WoW did a good job but every they had stumbling blocks. Anarchy Online was the worst launch ever, and nearly took FunCom out. As for console MMOs, I can only think of FFxi, and even that is a stretch. I can't recall a single Xbox MMO to date...

Just relax, I imagine much like every console game there will be a patch on launch day as the gold disks are made and sent off long before they finish development work on the server and client side due to manufacturing time limits. So the game will hit shelves, there will be a download, and then we will see where we are.

Fiancee
02-28-2013, 08:20 AM
They pulled it with Rift so why not here too. Rift was absolutely sleeper hit and turned out just well.

Smitch
02-28-2013, 11:42 AM
There are a ton of MMOs for PC, yes won't argue that but there hasn't been one that has ever had a flawless launch. WoW did a good job but every they had stumbling blocks.

ROFL! Vanilla WoW had some major bugs that lasted for over a year. Ask any warrior who tried to charge - had a tendancy to get stuck on the world geography and have to relog on. ^.^ Or most anyone who had the fun "I've picked up loot! And I can't get up!" issue. I feel through the world quite often too... Ahhhh the good old days. >.< A number of MMO's these days by comparison have much smoother launches