PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Ordered

Scuro
02-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Just pre-ordered from my local GameStop and entered the code on my receipt into the website. There's been mixed statements on the forums as to whether or not this is the beta key... So any absolute confirmation on that?

Also just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to the game, and seeing this commercials every 20 minutes on SyFy is driving me crazy.

Thanks Trion!

Just King
02-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Just pre-ordered from my local GameStop and entered the code on my receipt into the website. There's been mixed statements on the forums as to whether or not this is the beta key... So any absolute confirmation on that?

Also just wanted to say that I'm really looking forward to the game, and seeing this commercials every 20 minutes on SyFy is driving me crazy.

Thanks Trion!

From what I gather, the "beta code" you enter on the site just lets them know you have beta access and you will be (I'm guessing) emailed the beta code after the next beta is announced.

Defy
02-27-2013, 10:27 PM
welcome to the club :)

Payback
02-27-2013, 10:37 PM

Thanks Trion!

Welcome! Make sure you enter all the Ark codes to your Ego on your account

Valethar
02-27-2013, 11:49 PM

Actually, that's the pre-order code that grants you your pre-order bonuses. One of those bonuses happens to be access to the Beta when it's up.

If you look on your Trion account page, under 'Manage Games', you should see 'Defiance Beta' listed. That will have an active link to the Beta client for the PC. I'm not sure how this will work for consoles, as they've not given us that information yet.

Scuro
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Sadly it does not. It lists defiance and upon going to that tab, it offered for me to pre-order the game. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Kantazo
02-28-2013, 12:51 PM
The next Beta has not been announced oficially yet, so you will not have access as right now.

Scuro
02-28-2013, 12:53 PM
So it will only appear then? Alright, thanks for the info!

Kantazo
02-28-2013, 12:56 PM
So it will only appear then? Alright, thanks for the info!

Dont know for sure I am in your same boat, but what I read was that when the beta is announced we will get an invite

Valethar
02-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Yup. It should appear when they're ready for the next one, if it's not there now. Lance (Myll_Erik) stated that the pre-order codes automatically flag you for Beta access, so you don't need a separate code for the Beta.

Keep an eye on the forums here for the next date, and be sure to check your Trion account now and again for the link. Once you have the link, you can download the client and be patched and ready to go instead of dealing with the server lag on a Friday while everyone else is trying to download it too. :)

Twarrior
02-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Sadly it does not. It lists defiance and upon going to that tab, it offered for me to pre-order the game. Am I looking in the wrong place?

You can also look here unless this is already where you're checking. Mine automatically signed me up for the second and hopefully will for the third.
http://www.defiance.com/en/beta/

Here's what mine shows:
Advance Mission Beta 1
January 18(8am PST)

January 20(9pm PST)

This event is no longer running. Sign up for the next event!
PC ONLY
----------------
Advance Mission Beta 2
February 8(8am PST)

February 10(9pm PST)

This event is no longer running. Sign up for the next event!
PC ONLY
-------------
BETA EVENT 3
DETAILS COMING SOON