PDA

View Full Version : What's in a Name?

UmbrusNightshade
02-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Hey Defiancers!

First off, I've read through a lot of the forum posts and I haven't seen anything on the subject so let me ask here (and again if it's been answered somewhere else I apologize):

Q: Does anyone know (without breaking NDA) what the character count for the name will be?

I'm a big nerd and I try to fit my character's names into the lore of the gameworld's I find myself in.

Also I was wondering if maybe the community could help me come up with some suggestions for character name. I am going to play Human Male, Survivalist (Though the character I play will be kinda primarily Sniper but with Assault Rifler/Shotgunner aspects as well ... at least to start off). I'm from Texas so I was wanting to come up with a name that might represent the history of the state but at the same time I don't want any "Stephen Austin"s or "Sam Houston"s, etc. The idea I have for the character is that he is a supporter of the cooperation of the humans and the aliens, but at the same time he is a bit suspicious of Votans and if it came down to it he would advocate human needs over alien. I'm looking for a name that could be something that fits in with the lore and sounds realistic within that lore. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks ahead guys.

UC xVADERx
02-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Thought about posting something along the lines of this.
BUT.. my question is: what is the lore?!

It's kinda hard for me to try and come up with a character back story and all that when I'm not sure of any of the events that took place before the game or show. Especially when it comes to alien races and so on and so on.

SOMEONE HELP! :/ lol

TheStigsVegCousin
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Judging from what we know about the show, the human characters have names that would be right at home in a Western: Jeb Nolan, Amanda Rosewater, Rafe McCawley. The aliens also seem to have a first and family name ("Irisa Nyira"). Definitely what I'll be going for w/ my character, though I'm sure, unfortunately, we'll have our share of "IxPOOPxONxYOU" and "NinjaSniper1995".

Duskguy
02-27-2013, 08:35 PM
<--.... i'll name myself what i usually do assuming no one takes it just to be spiteful.... call it an arkhunter alias if you will :P

ryanoliver56
02-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Hey Defiancers!

First off, I've read through a lot of the forum posts and I haven't seen anything on the subject so let me ask here (and again if it's been answered somewhere else I apologize):

Q: Does anyone know (without breaking NDA) what the character count for the name will be?

I'm a big nerd and I try to fit my character's names into the lore of the gameworld's I find myself in.

Also I was wondering if maybe the community could help me come up with some suggestions for character name. I am going to play Human Male, Survivalist (Though the character I play will be kinda primarily Sniper but with Assault Rifler/Shotgunner aspects as well ... at least to start off). I'm from Texas so I was wanting to come up with a name that might represent the history of the state but at the same time I don't want any "Stephen Austin"s or "Sam Houston"s, etc. The idea I have for the character is that he is a supporter of the cooperation of the humans and the aliens, but at the same time he is a bit suspicious of Votans and if it came down to it he would advocate human needs over alien. I'm looking for a name that could be something that fits in with the lore and sounds realistic within that lore. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks ahead guys.

Your from Texas and claim being a Nerd, not specific to Defiance however Defiance is in Big Bang Theory so therefore go with Sheldon!?

Defy
02-27-2013, 08:39 PM
haha I spend too much of my time during character creation on picking a name

I wonder if they will have a random name generator

Dead_Phoenix
02-28-2013, 01:19 AM
dont know how many characters you can have but considering greg uses OverloadettaUT, its going to be a few.

A s0t
02-28-2013, 01:24 AM
Your from Texas and claim being a Nerd, not specific to Defiance however Defiance is in Big Bang Theory so therefore go with Sheldon!? i missed that episode but they will over play it on TBS anyway