PDA

View Full Version : legendary fail, feels like borderlands all over again.

zartanyen
04-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I just got 2 legendary items out of a lock box I thought wow 2 legendaries in one box how lucky am I then I seen the stats on them one shield was 1k damage with 6 sec recharge but O 90% back per second what trash is this pure garbage, going to break that hunk of junk down and destroy it wish their was a option to just throw it on the ground and walk away from it and watch it fade into the nothingness that it is. the pistol might not be to bad but got other pistols better then it.

This feels more like the borderlands style of rarity then a MMO style where the better the stats the more rare it is rather then its just not seen a lot thats why it's legendary, kind of like I got the this rare Van Gogh is his best work ever thats why it's legendary(MMO) compare to the (borderlands/ this game) I got a piece of canvas Van Gogh bled all over and through some paint on it, it's ugly and I would not hang it in my garage but he bled on it so it's ultra rare thats why it is legendary.

After getting these items i wonder if this is what I am suppose to look forward to the rare chance of getting a legendary item only for it to be trash and the shield has no bonus stats,seriously? I have blue and purple shields that have stat bonuses and are better my free shield that I got from my UE is better then this orange piece of junk.

What a joke.

Revolution 1776
04-08-2013, 05:27 PM
More pew pew less qq.

Mindset
04-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I just got 2 legendary items out of a lock box I thought wow 2 legendaries in one box how lucky am I then I seen the stats on them one shield was 1k damage with 6 sec recharge but O 90% back per second what trash is this pure garbage, going to break that hunk of junk down and destroy it wish their was a option to just throw it on the ground and walk away from it and watch it fade into the nothingness that it is. the pistol might not be to bad but got other pistols better then it.

This feels more like the borderlands style of rarity then a MMO style where the better the stats the more rare it is rather then its just not seen a lot thats why it's legendary, kind of like I got the this rare Van Gogh is his best work ever thats why it's legendary(MMO) compare to the (borderlands/ this game) I got a piece of canvas Van Gogh bled all over and through some paint on it, it's ugly and I would not hang it in my garage but he bled on it so it's ultra rare thats why it is legendary.

After getting these items i wonder if this is what I am suppose to look forward to the rare chance of getting a legendary item only for it to be trash and the shield has no bonus stats,seriously? I have blue and purple shields that have stat bonuses and are better my free shield that I got from my UE is better then this orange piece of junk.

What a joke.

holy sh!t, what did you just attempt to say?

Talon Swiftshot
04-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Awww, I'm all out of tissue? Here's a keyboard.

Starskins
04-08-2013, 05:30 PM
These QQing threads are getting boring and old pretty fast...

RegularX
04-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Borderlands was awesome.

Rumpleshootshins
04-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Wait so let me get this straight??
a sheild with 1000-1100 power 6 second wait to recharge and you receive 90% back? (Not to mention its orange so should have bonuses in it also)

so you get 90% of your sheild in 6 seconds in a orange? and you are mad about this?

let me guess your one of the same people that look online for the optimal of everything cause your so leet right?? (Sporebat anyone?)

that sheild is freakin great! its not the size of the sheild its the skill of the person behind it. This isnt COD find some cover for 6 seconds XD

JonDav
04-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Wow. You fanboys are terrible. Anyway, I agree. The loot system in this game is awful. I'm at Ego 300+ and already feel like I'm about to move on. Main reason is a high majority of higher ego weapons are either identical to weapons I got 100 Ego ranks ago or alot worse. They better fix this or risk having a dead game by mid May.

knightblaster
04-08-2013, 05:37 PM
Borderlands 1/2 is great!

Mavor
04-08-2013, 06:13 PM
90% is an insane recharge rate. Sounds like a fantastic shield for a hit n' run style character. Definately not a shield for tanking however. Its far from trash. Hope you didnt actually break it down...

square
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
I found this pretty hilarious, especially these parts

wish their was a option to just throw it on the ground and walk away from it and watch it fade into the nothingness that it is.

I got a piece of canvas Van Gogh bled all over and through some paint on it, it's ugly and I would not hang it in my garage but he bled on it so it's ultra rare thats why it is legendary.

zartanyen
04-08-2013, 07:31 PM
Wait so let me get this straight??
a sheild with 1000-1100 power 6 second wait to recharge and you receive 90% back? (Not to mention its orange so should have bonuses in it also)

so you get 90% of your sheild in 6 seconds in a orange? and you are mad about this?

Yes I am mad about this my blue shield is 1350 shield, recharge of 2.58, with 40% back and 25% health regeneration it's blue so this orange shield two tiers higher is garbage compared to it and the joke is this is the shield I got from my UE had it from the start of the game.

The orange shield has NO extra bonuses so my blue does and my orange does not? but it's legendary right I should equip that hunk of junk over my current blue right? because it's so much better.

I want my Riddik Bowe moment where I can put this shield in the trash can where it belongs and have my guy tell trion "Hey you can come pick this shield up any time it will be out front with the rest of the trash I don't want."

WASTELAND_SURVIVOR
04-08-2013, 07:35 PM
wow. all this crying and moaning.... this is just like two worlds 2 when everybody was not liking the game and 4 month later the game got dramatic improvements and won game of the year.

Kettlewell
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM
The random system like Borderlands is a bollocks, well and truly terrible.

DJ Mizzy
04-08-2013, 07:38 PM
... where the better the stats the more rare it is rather then its just not seen a lot thats why it's legendary, kind of like I got the this rare Van Gogh is his best work ever thats why it's legendary(MMO) compare to the (borderlands/ this game) I got a piece of canvas Van Gogh bled all over and through some paint on it, it's ugly and I would not hang it in my garage but he bled on it so it's ultra rare thats why it is legendary.

HAHAHAHA! i <3 you for that. awesome comment. I dont mind your complaint at all, cuz its damn true.

Valethar
04-08-2013, 07:40 PM
They better fix this or risk having a dead game by mid May.

You're under the mistaken impression that it's broken. Weapons were designed this way on purpose, with a horizontal progression, to emphasize the skill of the player not the stats on the weapon.

WASTELAND_SURVIVOR
04-08-2013, 07:41 PM
You're under the mistaken impression that it's broken. Weapons were designed this way on purpose, with a horizontal progression, to emphasize the skill of the player not the stats on the weapon.

you explaining it better

ten4
04-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Borderlands 2 is the superior product. If it had shared loots in MP like defiance/d3/gw2: I would not even be playing here. Loots in BL2 are actually interesting and worth going after, can't say same here.

Anyways, opened around 20 t4s and 30 odd t3s now: only got one legendary which was eaten by a roll back. Not one item from those have I kept since they are 90% greens/worthless items no one in their right minds would use.

Tacophagist
04-08-2013, 07:59 PM

Because most skill-based multiplayer-only games feature extremely exaggerated and defaulted aim assistance.

Rustic
04-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I know it's been a rough adjustment for those used to traditional style MMORPG character progression. Why not embrace the new system and make the most out of what you can? You have to ignore the colors. Let go of what the color represents from other games and take it for what it is in Defiance. Give it a chance, I think you'll find yourself pleased with the results.

Also, look at it this way. If you still find the color important, consider that until you max your skill in that weapon type, it's not like that new orange assault rifle is going to be your last. You'll be swapping every time you max out your weapon xp.

Imagine on the other side how much less dramatic it would feel if on day 6 or 7 of the game, you found the best in slot weapon.

Kroktar
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
The other shield with 1k it takes 3 sec to charge with 40%...lets say that you shield its almost 100%

So your shield takes 6 sec + 1 sec to get full shield.

The other shield takes 3 sec + 3 sec to get full shield...You still have to add what resistances it may have.

thejx4
04-08-2013, 08:12 PM
wow. all this crying and moaning.... this is just like two worlds 2 when everybody was not liking the game and 4 month later the game got dramatic improvements and won game of the year.

Won game of the year?!?!???! lmao, I swear people are so misinformed. It didn't receive that distinction from a single major media outlet.

Booshy
04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
uhhhhh, I've got a green shield with basically the same stats. I also got an orange weapon finally at ego 400 and it's basically the exact same as any other weapon, minus a miniscule bonus that the others don't have. The loot rarity in this game really is a joke.