PDA

View Full Version : Synergy List

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 05:26 PM
This is list of the synergies in Defiance alphabetically by name. If you know of any synergy not on this list, feel free to post your findings

Note: This is not an official thread, and it is not sponsored by any developers, it is just me trying to compile a list so we can make the best possible builds for our Ark Hunters.

Note: I will hold myself responsible for everything added to this OP. I'm not accusing anyone of lying, but I will personally be confirming all additions to this thread in order to keep everything as helpful to the players as possible.

Note: Posting pictures from in game, saves me the time of having to personally find each synergy, and would help greatly

Note: If the Mods can be purchased, I will add the vendor and location to the list. Otherwise assume the Mods come from Synergy Mod Cache sold at any Lockbox Vendor

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Defiance Synergy Explained (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME&list=PL9NY-iqEaM3EqTK9XGtl_HpugS2qBUUlk) courtesy of Grimwyrd (http://forums.defiance.com/member.php?716879-Grimwyrd)

LOADOUT SYNERGIES (equip weapons with the same synergy to activate)

Synergy: Hard-Boiled CONFIRMED
[2] +2% refresh self-revive on a kill

Synergy: Machinist CONFIRMED
[2] Take 5% less damage while reloading

Synergy: Nano-Executioner CONFIRMED
[2] +5% nano-effect chance on a kill

Synergy: Nano-Mastery CONFIRMED
[2] +5% nano-effect chance on a critical hit

Synergy: Outlaw CONFIRMED
[2] +5% damage from last shot in clip

Synergy: Sawbones CONFIRMED
[2] Fully reload weapons after reviving another player

Synergy: Survivalist CONFIRMED
[2] +2% damage to targets with full health and shields

Synergy: Veteran CONFIRMED
[2] +10% rate-of-fire after a full reload

Synergy: Wrecker CONFIRMED
[2] +10% DMG to vehicles

MOD SYNERGIES (equip synergized mods to a weapon with the same synergy to activate)

Synergy: Assassin CONFIRMED
[1]: +2% Crit Mult
[2]: +4% Crit Mult
[3]: +5% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec)
[4]: +10% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec)

Synergy: Brutal CONFIRMED
[1] +5% Melee DMG
[2] +10% Melee DMG
[3] +5% Reload on Melee Kill
[4] +10% Reload on Melee Kill

Synergy: Cannoneer CONFIRMED
[1] +3% Fire Rate
[2] +6% Fire Rate
[3] +10% nano-effect chance for 2 sec after full reload
[4] +20% nano-effect chance for 2 sec after full reload

Synergy: EGO Precision CONFIRMED
VBI Mod Cache / Shondu's Consulate (fast travel)
[1] +10% Accuracy
[2] +20% Accuracy
[3] +3% active EGO ability duration on critical kill
[4] +6% active EGO ability duration on critical kill

Synergy: Grenadier CONFIRMED
[1] -10% Recoil
[2] -20% Recoil
[3] +5% grenade refresh on kill
[4] +10% grenade refresh on kill

Synergy: Prepared CONFIRMED
Top-Notch Toolworks Mod Cache / Top-Notch Toolworks (fast travel)
[1] 1% ammo regen/10 sec
[2] 2% ammo regen/10 sec
[3] +5% DMG on next shot after melee kill (expires after 10 sec)
[4] +10% DMG on next shot after melee kill (expires after 10 sec)

Synergy: Quartermaster CONFIRMED
[1] +5% Reload
[2] +10% Reload
[3] +50% Reload on self-revive
[4] +100% Reload on self-revive

Synergy: Rolling Thunder CONFIRMED
[1] +5% Mag
[2] +10% Mag
[3] +10% Hip Accuracy
[4] +20% Hip Accuracy

Synergy: Run-n-Gun CONFIRMED
[1] +5% Movement Accuracy
[2] +10% Movement Accuracy
[3] +10% Accuracy and -10% Recoil at low health
[4] +20% Accuracy and -20% Recoil at low health

Synergy: Scavenger CONFIRMED
Soleptor Enterprises Mod Cache / The Crater (fast travel)
[1] +1% item drop chance
[2] +2% item drop chance
[3] +10% nano-effect chance against out-of-combat targets
[4] +20% nano-effect chance against out-of-combat targets

Synergy: Stalker CONFIRMED
[1] +5% Range
[2] +10% Range
[3] +5% EGO ability refresh on critical kill
[4] +10% EGO ability refresh on critical kill

mhodgson5795
04-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Isn't there something like that for recharging your shield a kill or something?

pitviper2057
04-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Got this one on an FRC SAW

Synergy Assassin:
[1]: +2% Crit Mult
[2]: +4% Crit Mult
[3]: +5% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec.)
[4]: +10% DMG on next shot after critical kill (Expires after 10 sec.)

*Edit: Grabbed a screen

http://i.imgur.com/3YutqBk.jpg

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 06:12 PM

I believe this is a perk not an actual synergy

RequiemPrime
04-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Got this VOT Disruptor out of a lockbox today

Synergy: Quartermaster (first time I've seen this one)
[1] +5% Reload
[2] +10% Reload

RawrKitty
04-08-2013, 06:45 PM
will post the few that ive come across that i still have in my inv.

http://i.imgur.com/CuIPtx7.png

http://i.imgur.com/ppzMAdv.png

http://i.imgur.com/eiUGbRk.png

http://i.imgur.com/pZ9SPjE.png

http://i.imgur.com/dlHcBDZ.png

Jevonski
04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Got this VOT Disruptor out of a lockbox today

Synergy: Quartermaster (first time I've seen this one)
[1] +5% Reload
[2] +10% Reload

I can confirm that.

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 07:27 PM
I can confirm that.

This is awesome, thanks

Rinkydink
04-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Apologies if ot to ask here, but I'm interested in the difference between [1]-[4] synergy types and [2] synergy types.

If I understand correctly, a gun and 4 mod slots offers up to 5 synergised points, so why 1-4?
Or are the [2] ones for synergising your two weapons, and the [1]-[4] ones are for mod synergy?

Does that make sense, it seems a complex and mysterious system which I'm just starting to explore...

square
04-08-2013, 07:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0ViFXLH.jpg

I'm guessing the only non-faction synergy mods that are in the game are Brutal and Run-n-Gun?

kind of sucks since those don't show up on weapons either

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Apologies if ot to ask here, but I'm interested in the difference between [1]-[4] synergy types and [2] synergy types.

If I understand correctly, a gun and 4 mod slots offers up to 5 synergised points, so why 1-4?
Or are the [2] ones for synergising your two weapons, and the [1]-[4] ones are for mod synergy?

Does that make sense, it seems a complex and mysterious system which I'm just starting to explore...

Honestly, I haven't even started modding anything, I need to max my weapon skill so I can stick to one gun first.
I'm making this list so that I can plan the set that I want to make

As of now I'm thinking 2 mods in Cannoneer (fire rate; I love unloading an 80 round LMG clip into a boss)

And 2 in veteran (also fire rate; unload a small clip weapon like the auto pistol from beating the main story to get the extra +10%, then switch to my LMG and DPS the living crap out of anything in my way)

If I start blowing through my ammo too fast, I might switch veteran to Rolling Thunder to keep my DPS going a little longer

Rinkydink
04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
I've tried attaching two synergised mods to a weapon with different synergy, both brutal, and this didn't give me the 10% melee bonus. So this would suggest the mods have to match the synergy of the weapon to activate. Which means you can't mix and match 2 and 2 , liked you planned. Hmmm, too many questions at the minute. I will be experimenting over the next few days to try and understand the system, will post my findings.

atlantix
04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
ss for assassin synergy

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 08:08 PM
If a synergy can be purchased from a specific faction vendor from a mod cache, I will add it.
I'll start putting the location, and the faction name

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 08:09 PM
I've tried attaching two synergised mods to a weapon with different synergy, both brutal, and this didn't give me the 10% melee bonus. So this would suggest the mods have to match the synergy of the weapon to activate. Which means you can't mix and match 2 and 2 , liked you planned. Hmmm, too many questions at the minute. I will be experimenting over the next few days to try and understand the system, will post my findings.

well that really sucks. oh well, time to throw out that plan

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 08:09 PM
ss for assassin synergy

awesome thanks

russell733
04-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Do sawed off shotguns and the outlaw synergy work together, would add for every shot if so but actually you have 2 bullets in clip, just only one shot so mighty not

Agent T8235
04-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Do sawed off shotguns and the outlaw synergy work together, would add for every shot if so but actually you have 2 bullets in clip, just only one shot so mighty not

I used to have a purple rocket launcher that had only 1 shot per clip and it had outlaw on it. it was only 600 base damge though so I broke it down.

I'm not sure if the synergies are random on weapons, or what the deal is, but I will definetly continue exploring this. I think synergies are an awesome way to add depth to a build

RawrKitty
04-08-2013, 09:16 PM
ss for assassin synergy

can i buy that thing from you? oh my god let me buy th at from you

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-08-2013, 09:50 PM

I have an Orange Courier sawed-off with the (2) outlaw synergy. Wish I could find those mods but in over 100 mod caches I've only gotten brutal and 3 run & gun. I just hate my luck with random loot.

HardLuck
04-08-2013, 10:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0ViFXLH.jpg

I'm guessing the only non-faction synergy mods that are in the game are Brutal and Run-n-Gun?

kind of sucks since those don't show up on weapons either

I've got a Legendary VOT Longshot Cannon with the Run-n-Gun synergy here:

VOT Longshot Cannon - Orange (http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu39/SaddleTrampNC/Defiance%20Weapons%20and%20Mods/vot_longshot_canon_orange.png:original)

HardLuck
04-08-2013, 10:31 PM
@Agent: If I come across anything to be added I'll put it up here. I'm also keeping my album updated with what I find with pictures also.

Grimwyrd
04-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Thanks! This is handy!

mumblez
04-09-2013, 07:09 AM
There are secret vendors that you can find that sell weapons with those synergies. Look up on YouTube secret vendors and you'll find out where they are.

square
04-09-2013, 08:02 AM
I've got a Legendary VOT Longshot Cannon with the Run-n-Gun synergy here:

VOT Longshot Cannon - Orange (http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu39/SaddleTrampNC/Defiance%20Weapons%20and%20Mods/vot_longshot_canon_orange.png:original)

oh, look at that

don't know why it's so ****ing rare though, since that and brutal may as well be the only synergy mods in the game

Dracontius
04-09-2013, 08:16 AM

This is Siphon. After each successful landed hit, there is a chance the nano will trigger a second or two afterwards for around 450 dmg and heals you hp or shield in case your hp is full. Works wonders for shotguns.

Agent T8235
04-09-2013, 08:30 AM
@Agent: If I come across anything to be added I'll put it up here. I'm also keeping my album updated with what I find with pictures also.

This is great, I was going to add a list of which weapons have which synergies, and where to buy them (if possible), but I didn't really want the OP to get too long.

Btw, do you have a list of where you can buy some of these weapons?

I know a lot of faction vendors have certain synergy weapons

HardLuck
04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
This is great, I was going to add a list of which weapons have which synergies, and where to buy them (if possible), but I didn't really want the OP to get too long.

Btw, do you have a list of where you can buy some of these weapons?

I know a lot of faction vendors have certain synergy weapons

Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got the ones bought at vendors. I'll keep that in mind and make sure I write it down or something to keep track of.

Agent T8235
04-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got the ones bought at vendors. I'll keep that in mind and make sure I write it down or something to keep track of.

I started a new thread to list it all, its in my signature

fang1192
04-09-2013, 07:38 PM
bump /10char

Snaloe
04-09-2013, 08:10 PM
Great thread, thx for the effort :)

Agent T8235
04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
So I have been buying mod caches like crazy, and I'm almost positive that this list is complete.

Grimwyrd
04-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Has anyone actually seen a mod with Survivalist, Veteran, Outlaw, or Machinist on it?

From about EGO 650 on, almost all my blue weapons have these four synergies, but I've never seen a mod to finish the level [2] and get the bonus.

You can easily tell that simply equipping two Survivalist weapons doesn't give you level [2], because the damage floaters don't change when you have a Survivalist primary weapon and a Survivalist stowed weapon.

I have a sneaking suspicion that someone anticipated these synergizing with your origin, then someone else decided the game should be class-less and these fell through the cracks.

Kerry
04-10-2013, 10:43 AM
Thank you for this.

Agent T8235
04-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Has anyone actually seen a mod with Survivalist, Veteran, Outlaw, or Machinist on it?

From about EGO 650 on, almost all my blue weapons have these four synergies, but I've never seen a mod to finish the level [2] and get the bonus.

You can easily tell that simply equipping two Survivalist weapons doesn't give you level [2], because the damage floaters don't change when you have a Survivalist primary weapon and a Survivalist stowed weapon.

I have a sneaking suspicion that someone anticipated these synergizing with your origin, then someone else decided the game should be class-less and these fell through the cracks.

I saw guns with the machinist and outlaw mods on them at hidden vendors.
http://postimg.org/image/zd69kt0rh/
http://postimg.org/image/3stuw1c1z/
http://postimg.org/image/mehww45fp/

The problem I'm having is getting actual mods to use. I am desperate to find an AR or an LMG with cannoneer on it, but I cant find any guns or mods. The only two types of mods that I seem to get from caches are brutal and run+gun... very frustrating

HardLuck
04-10-2013, 01:18 PM
I've added another folder to the album (link in sig) with what Top Notch vendor had as of this morning. There's also a Stingray in the Supply vendor that was on special at the time. All are purple (except for the Stingray). Haven't seen any Legendary weapons there yet (at least in the Vendors). The weapons/mods in the main folder are ones that I have had at one time or another (some I still have, but will be salvaging soon to make room in inventory).

EDIT: Moon has added pics of all the scopes crosshairs here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24405-Guide-Scopes-Sights

Saber024
04-11-2013, 10:23 AM
great thread. just getting into modding stuff right now.

King Fox
04-12-2013, 12:40 AM
... So what is Synergy? and how does it work?

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 08:39 AM
... So what is Synergy? and how does it work?

Some weapons will have a box in the stat section titled Synergy.
-Within that box there is a list of 4 bonuses that can be applied to it.

Mods will also have synergy.
-If you find a mod with the same synergy as the weapon, and you equip it, the gun will unlock one of the synergy bonuses listed

Example: If you find an assault rifle with the "prepared" synergy, and you find a mod with the "prepared" synergy that fits said rifle, it will apply the bonus of the mod AND the bonus for having one synergized mod.

Migrayne
04-12-2013, 09:05 AM
can i buy that thing from you? oh my god let me buy th at from you

Ohh yeah. I'm with you love the vote bolter for sniping. Need the higher crit for more one shot kills.

Strontium Dog
04-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Without a word of a lie every single synergy mod i have gotten has been for Brutal.Not one for anything else after tons of boxes. I assumed till i found this thread ,that it was broken and would get fixed soon.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Without a word of a lie every single synergy mod i have gotten has been for Brutal.Not one for anything else after tons of boxes. I assumed till i found this thread ,that it was broken and would get fixed soon.

Actual mods only have two synergies right now. Brutal and Run-n-gun.

The synergies are listed on the guns, and that is where this list came from.

The mods with the corresponding synergies will begin to be released on the 15th with the mass patch.

fang1192
04-12-2013, 10:55 AM
So even if a mod has prepared on it, it still has only brutal or run-n-gun effects?

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 11:01 AM
So even if a mod has prepared on it, it still has only brutal or run-n-gun effects?

unfortunately, you can't mix and match synergies. If a gun has prepared, only prepared mods will add prepared effects.

Putting a run-n-gun mod on a prepared gun, will only add the bonus from the mod, not the bonus from the synergy

fang1192
04-12-2013, 11:07 AM
unfortunately, you can't mix and match synergies. If a gun has prepared, only prepared mods will add prepared effects. Putting a run-n-gun mod on a prepared gun, will only add the bonus from the mod, not the bonus from the synergy

Thanks for responding but that is not what i meant. I'll try to clarify. Here's your last post.

Actual mods only have two synergies right now. Brutal and Run-n-gun. the synergies are listed on the guns, and that is where this list came from. The mods with the corresponding synergies will begin to be released on the 15th with the mass patch.

The first statement you make implies there are only 2 mod synergies (Brutal / Run-n-Gun). However, top notch vendor sells Prepared mods. I have a couple of prepared synergy mods from the top notch specific vendor (bought with Rep) - because of your first statement i believed that even though it says prepared, it is actually still coded as brutal or run-n-gun. I will buy a mod pack from soleptor (Scavenger Synergy) and get back to you.

cassell
04-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Great job, much appreciated.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks for responding but that is not what i meant. I'll try to clarify. Here's your last post.

The first statement you make implies there are only 2 mod synergies (Brutal / Run-n-Gun). However, top notch vendor sells Prepared mods. I have a couple of prepared synergy mods from the top notch specific vendor (bought with Rep) - because of your first statement i believed that even though it says prepared, it is actually still coded as brutal or run-n-gun. I will buy a mod pack from soleptor (Scavenger Synergy) and get back to you.

You are right, I completely forgot about the specific synergy caches. Yes, all the mods are active, but the mods for synergies other than EGO Precision, Prepared, Scavenger, Run-n-Gun, and Brutal have not been released in game yet.

Putting a "Synergy: Brutal" mod on a gun with "Synergy: Scavenger" will add no synergy bonuses

Not sure if I clarified, sorry, I'm pretty terrible at explaining things :/

Grimwyrd
04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
unfortunately, you can't mix and match synergies. If a gun has prepared, only prepared mods will add prepared effects.

Putting a run-n-gun mod on a prepared gun, will only add the bonus from the mod, not the bonus from the synergy

I'm not 100% sure how the system is "supposed" to work, but this statement is not always true. I took a "Survivalist" gun, placed two "Brutal" mods into it, and received +15% melee damage Brutal bonus from 891 to 1025.

EDIT: Hmm, test did not repeat... so I may have accidentally placed a 1.15 stock in the gun during this test.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm not 100% sure how the system is "supposed" to work, but this statement is not always true. I took a "Survivalist" gun, placed two "Brutal" mods into it, and received +15% melee damage Brutal bonus from 891 to 1025.

Really? Awesome!

One more thing. I'm not doubting you, but are you positive that you don't have any melee boost perks active? Or maybe, the actual mods themselves are adding the boost?

I'm almost positive that the base boost from a synergized mod will still work; however, the synergy bonus will not be applied.

Please please please prove me wrong. If I am incorrect, this would open soooooooooo many possibilities.

Grimwyrd
04-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Well, I'd sold that test weapon. So I tried it again to be sure.

This time I took a Veteran sniper rifle and placed two Brutal mods in it. It was doing 866 melee damage before and did 866 after, so I did NOT get synergy credit for the Brutal mods.

Perhaps my earlier test accidentally involved a stock with a 1.15x melee damage, and I was so focused on the synergy that I neglected to look at the mods themselves? Not sure any more.

I'm sorry to add to the confusion! I'll edit my previous posts. It sure would be easier to work out if more than Brutal (and the occasional Run-n-Gun) were coming out of caches.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Well, I'd sold that test weapon. So I tried it again to be sure.

This time I took a Veteran sniper rifle and placed two Brutal mods in it. It was doing 866 melee damage before and did 866 after, so I did NOT get synergy credit for the Brutal mods.

Perhaps my earlier test accidentally involved a stock with a 1.15x melee damage, and I was so focused on the synergy that I neglected to look at the mods themselves? Not sure any more.

I'm sorry to add to the confusion! I'll edit my previous posts. It sure would be easier to work out if more than Brutal (and the occasional Run-n-Gun) were coming out of caches.

I agree, but I'm patient. I'll wait for the content

Hopefully we will start to get some definite synergy mods through later mission rewards, instead of randomized regular mods

fang1192
04-12-2013, 12:13 PM
To sum up what we know so far:

*Only Brutal and Run and Gun are in the Keycode Cache
*Each Faction uses Rep to get their respective mods (Precision [VBI], Scavenger [Soleptor], Prepared [Top-Notch], Sawbones [Paradise - near East Shore Docks IIRC], and I dont think Echelon has mods).
*The gun must share the synergy with the mods

Also, if you want to test Brutal out i think the triggered vendor near Crystal Pond sells a Pump Shotgun with Brutal Synergy, at least it does in my game.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 12:28 PM

*Each Faction uses Rep to get their respective mods (Precision [VBI], Scavenger [Soleptor], Prepared [Top-Notch], Sawbones [Paradise - near East Shore Docks IIRC], and I dont think Echelon has mods).

Also, if you want to test Brutal out i think the triggered vendor near Crystal Pond sells a Pump Shotgun with Brutal Synergy, at least it does in my game.

perfection, thank you. I'm putting this at the bottom of the OP, giving you credit of course

Grimwyrd
04-12-2013, 12:35 PM

Ahh, I hadn't noticed that Brutal Shotgun. I bought the 750 EGO blue Frontier Shotgun with Brutal, placed one +falloff range Brutal mod on it and melee damage went from 866 to 909 (+5% for one level of Brutal).

I didn't receive two levels with one mod, so the gun must not come with an inherent level... it must just indicate that it will accept that type of mods.

fang1192
04-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I didn't receive two levels with one mod, so the gun must not come with an inherent level... it must just indicate that it will accept that type of mods.

@Agent, might want to add this as well. The gun only shows what kind of synergy it has, the mods activate the synergy.

What sucks though is that to fully get the benefit of synergy we need to put scopes on our Assault Rifles, boo...

Bane Farseeker
04-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Do synergy mods have effects other than their synergy stats, like other mods?

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Do synergy mods have effects other than their synergy stats, like other mods?

absolutely they do, most times better than their non-synergized counterparts

Kegger
04-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Nevermind someone answered my question. earlier. This game has the least user friendly instructions. How about a tutorial on Mods?? I had no clue they only worked on weapons with the same effect. sigh

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 02:17 PM

previous post

merc zero
04-12-2013, 02:30 PM
Where can Rolling Thunder be found? I did not know it existed.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Where can Rolling Thunder be found? I did not know it existed.

Im assuming it is loot only, because I have not seen it at any vendor

I could be wrong

Kerry
04-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Synergy: Rolling Thunder CONFIRMED
[1] +5% Mag
[2] +10% Mag
[3] +10% Hip Accuracy
[4] +20% Hip Accuracy

I cant seem to find this in the list of EGO perks. Anyone help me out with this please?

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:10 PM
I cant seem to find this in the list of EGO perks. Anyone help me out with this please?

EGO perks? I don't understand the question

Kerry
04-12-2013, 03:18 PM
EGO perks? I don't understand the question

The rest of the synergies correlate to an EGO perk and unlock depending how many points you have invested in that perk as well as if you have that perk equipped or not.

Unless I am mistaken on how this works, the rest of the synergies correspond to a related EGO perk.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:21 PM
The rest of the synergies correlate to an EGO perk and unlock depending how many points you have invested in that perk as well as if you have that perk equipped or not.

Unless I am mistaken on how this works, the rest of the synergies correspond to a related EGO perk.

wait wait wait wait wait WHAT!?
this post blew my mind?

So you need a gun with synergy, mods with the same synergy, AND an EGO perk with the same synergy!?

makes me wonder if it is worth the trouble...

devs, please confirm or deny

Grimwyrd
04-12-2013, 03:49 PM

A few synergies share names or have similarities with Perks, but not all of them. There is no "Brutal" perk, and if it's based on one of the melee perks of another name around Blur... I don't have that Perk.

But I was able to put a Brutal mod into a Brutal gun and get the 5% melee damage.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 03:51 PM
A few synergies share names or have similarities with Perks, but not all of them. There is no "Brutal" perk, and if it's based on one of the melee perks of another name around Blur... I don't have that Perk.

But I was able to put a Brutal mod into a Brutal gun and get the 5% melee damage.

so then it is confirmed that the synergy does not need to be equipped

pitviper2057
04-12-2013, 04:18 PM
didnt see this synergy listed

Stalker:

http://i.imgur.com/r27T3ux.png

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 04:26 PM
didnt see this synergy listed

Stalker:

http://i.imgur.com/r27T3ux.png

SWEET! a new one!!!

Kerry
04-12-2013, 05:12 PM

So then how do synergies operate?

How to you determine which tier of the synergy you have active if it doesn't correlate to an EGO?

I'm not trying to troll I genuinely don't understand how it works.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 05:21 PM
So then how do synergies operate?

How to you determine which tier of the synergy you have active if it doesn't correlate to an EGO?

I'm not trying to troll I genuinely don't understand how it works.

synergies are very confusing. and I wish they would explain it thoroughly through the in game help section.

Ok, if you find a gun with a certain synergy, for example, Scavenger, the only way to activate this synergy is to add mods with that same Scavenger synergy.

Prepared synergy needs prepared mods... etc...

Once you equip synergized mods to a gun with the same synergy, you will receive the bonuses for that synergy depending on how many mods you have equipped.

If you have 3 "stalker" mods on a stalker gun, you will receive +5% Range, +10% Range, and +5% EGO ability refresh on critical kill.

On top of these synergy bonuses, you will also receive and bonuses that the mod itself carries
If you find a "stalker" mod that adds x0.90 reload and put it on your "stalker" gun, you will receive a level towards the "stalker" synergy AND the x0.90 reload

Kerry
04-12-2013, 05:43 PM
synergies are very confusing. and I wish they would explain it thoroughly through the in game help section.

Ok, if you find a gun with a certain synergy, for example, Scavenger, the only way to activate this synergy is to add mods with that same Scavenger synergy.

Prepared synergy needs prepared mods... etc...

Once you equip synergized mods to a gun with the same synergy, you will receive the bonuses for that synergy depending on how many mods you have equipped.

If you have 3 "stalker" mods on a stalker gun, you will receive +5% Range, +10% Range, and +5% EGO ability refresh on critical kill.

On top of these synergy bonuses, you will also receive and bonuses that the mod itself carries
If you find a "stalker" mod that adds x0.90 reload and put it on your "stalker" gun, you will receive a level towards the "stalker" synergy AND the x0.90 reload

Ok I get this now, what a convoluted system though.

I guess I have never seen any of the mods with synergies on them, instead they named most of the synergies after the EGO perks, one would think there would be some sort of connection there.

Thanks for clarifying.

Agent T8235
04-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Ok I get this now, what a convoluted system though.

I guess I have never seen any of the mods with synergies on them, instead they named the synergies after the EGO perks, one would think there would be some sort of connection there.

Thanks for clarifying.

No problem, I'm really trying to figure out as much about synergies as possible, and these kinds of questions help to give me things to look up

DeMoted
04-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Getting a legendary is super easy compared to finding a ******* mod that fits the gun type with the same synergy.

Grimwyrd
04-13-2013, 12:24 PM
Bump this thread and add some more data.

a) All Synergy Effects are triggered by equipping either the [2] Weapons within the same Synergy Pool (same loadout).
b) Synergy weapon bonuses [1]-[4] are triggered by equipping MODS from within the same Synergy Pool (same weapon).
c) Class means nothing, its your starting gun/outfit nothing more

Thank you for this! I originally tested "a" above with Survivalist and thought this didn't work. It turns out that the description of Survivalist is a little off. Survivalist says it does "+2% damage on a target with full health and shields", so I shot a skitterling for 1271 with my Survivalist rifle... equipped a second Survivalist weapon... shot another skitterling and got 1271 again... concluded equipping both weapons as Survivalist weapons didn't grant a bonus.

But what Survivalist actually does is give "~5% extra crit damage when you critical a target with full health and shields". So if I shot a "fresh mutant" without critting, I'd get 1271 no matter what weapons I used.

However, if I critted a fresh mutant with one Survivalist weapon I'd get the normal 4386, but if I critted the fresh mutant with a second stowed Survivalist weapon... I'd crit for 4605.

Evilution
04-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Getting a legendary is super easy compared to finding a ******* mod that fits the gun type with the same synergy.
This, I have a FRC assault carbine (purple) with Run' n 'gun synergy and I can't get a single assault rifle mod for it. I have had run' n 'gun shotgun mods, smg mods, rocket mods, but all I get are them and Brutal mods. It's really frustrating, would also like to find out where we get veteran, outlaw etc.

Agent T8235
04-13-2013, 12:40 PM
This, I have a FRC assault carbine (purple) with Run' n 'gun synergy and I can't get a single assault rifle mod for it. I have had run' n 'gun shotgun mods, smg mods, rocket mods, but all I get are them and Brutal mods. It's really frustrating, would also like to find out where we get veteran, outlaw etc.

more synergy mods will be added as content is expanded

Evilution
04-13-2013, 12:48 PM
more synergy mods will be added as content is expanded
So we have to wait for content to mod these weapons we have. That really was a silly move by Trion if it's true.

atlantix
04-13-2013, 04:46 PM
i applied synergy mod to a weapon that has same synergy
for some reason no bonus highlighted
check the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zvwAOd37QQ

Agent T8235
04-13-2013, 04:49 PM
check the vid

That's crazy, I have no idea what is happening.
Its probably either a bug, or you did get the bonus and It just didn't highlight.

I would make an in game bug report

Grimwyrd
04-13-2013, 04:50 PM
check the vid

None of mine have "highlighted", as in changed how they look in the details pane. But you should have 5% more melee damage with that gun now. Have you hit targets with it?

fang1192
04-13-2013, 04:52 PM
None of mine have "highlighted", as in changed how they look in the details pane. But you should have 5% more melee damage with that gun now. Have you hit targets with it?

I can confirm this, the bonuses dont show they are working but they are working. Its easy to see with outlaw and damage numbers IMO.

atlantix
04-13-2013, 04:53 PM
That's crazy, I have no idea what is happening.
Its probably either a bug, or you did get the bonus and It just didn't highlight.

I would make an in game bug report
i just made a detailed test
it seems bonus works but it doesn't highlight the bonus on the weapon info page..
but at the moment i am 99% sure synergy bonus works

Riggswolfe
04-13-2013, 05:16 PM
I thought I'd mention a place I've gotten two scavenger mods.

West of Muir Processing station is a small lake. North of it is a hidden vendor by a cabin you reveal by killing off some 99ers.

Twice when I've visited it I've gotten Scavenger mods that were part of the hourly sale. They're both for Sniper rifles though I have yet to find a sniper rifle with Scavenger synergy.

I know of two other hidden vendors one by a rampage north of Top Notch and one just west of Top Notch. I haven't seen any synergy mods on their hourly sales however.

Evilution
04-13-2013, 05:18 PM

West of Muir Processing station is a small lake. North of it is a hidden vendor by a cabin you reveal by killing off some 99ers.

Twice when I've visited it I've gotten Scavenger mods that were part of the hourly sale. They're both for Sniper rifles though I have yet to find a sniper rifle with Scavenger synergy.

I know of two other hidden vendors one by a rampage north of Top Notch and one just west of Top Notch. I haven't seen any synergy mods on their hourly sales however.
Nice, I will have to check crystal pond's mods more often :)

Agent T8235
04-13-2013, 05:29 PM

Thank you for this, I have updated the original post

Grimwyrd
04-13-2013, 06:40 PM

Just to confirm... I've gotten 4-5 blue-quality Scavenger mods (mostly "sniper rifle magazine" mods) from various hourly Vendor Specials once I hit about EGO 650... about the same time that blue weapon specials started routinely coming with Vet/Surv/Outlaw/Mach.

Agent T8235
04-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Just to confirm... I've gotten 4-5 blue-quality Scavenger mods (mostly "sniper rifle magazine" mods) from various hourly Vendor Specials once I hit about EGO 650... about the same time that blue weapon specials started routinely coming with Vet/Surv/Outlaw/Mach.

Have you seen any synergized mods other than scavenger?

Grimwyrd
04-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Have you seen any synergized mods other than scavenger?

Not on vendor specials, but I just turned 1000... maybe some of the missing Cannoneer/Assassin/Quartermaster/Rolling Thunder would start showing up in vendor specials at higher EGO?

Vendor Specials: I've seen the rare Scavenger from 650-1000, but no other Synergy mods (double-checked: for Scavenger, I have two Sniper Recoil Stock III and one Ultra-Bore Extension III...and I think I passed on another couple Scavenger sniper Rifle mods from Vendor Specials)
Keycode Synergy Mod Cache: Maybe 90% Brutal/10% Run-n-Gun

I'm no longer expecting to see mods for any of the [2] synergies... just the [1-4] synergies that do not have specific faction caches (Cannoneer/Assassin/Quartermaster/Rolling Thunder). Hopefully those start showing up in either keycode caches or vendor specials at higher EGO rating.

hystERICal
04-13-2013, 08:45 PM
No pic, but i got a Cluster Shot from tier 3 lockbox with
Synergy: Grenadier
[1] -10% Recoil
[2] -20% Recoil
[3] +10% grenade refresh on kill

fang1192
04-13-2013, 09:34 PM
I dont think the [2] Synergies need mods, just 2 weapons in the loadout with it. Equip 2 weapons with outlaw on them and it actually works.

My AR went from 222 for 44 rounds, and on the 45 and last round it went to 234 - 235 (a 5% increase)

Agent T8235
04-13-2013, 09:50 PM
No pic, but i got a Cluster Shot from tier 3 lockbox with
Synergy: Grenadier
[1] -10% Recoil
[2] -20% Recoil
[3] +10% grenade refresh on kill

awesome, thanks for the add

fang1192
04-14-2013, 10:46 AM
I wonder if it is possible to have multiple synergies on a weapon. Say like Outlaw and Cannoneer.

DeMoted
04-14-2013, 10:47 AM
I wonder if it is possible to have multiple synergies on a weapon. Say like Outlaw and Cannoneer.

Nope...............

Lazy
04-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Really nice post, will be really helpful!!

Agent T8235
04-14-2013, 01:33 PM
It has been stated that the [2] slot synergies can work on top of the [4] slot synergies (i.e. 2 mods of one and 2 mods of the other)

I cannot confirm this yet

CaptainRaj
04-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Can anyone tell me uf you can add synergy mods to weapons that dont have a synergy attached already - eg a normal assault rifle.

Evilution
04-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Can anyone tell me uf you can add synergy mods to weapons that dont have a synergy attached already - eg a normal assault rifle.

Yes, but you don't get the synergy bonus, you just get the mod bonuses.

CaptainRaj
04-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Yes, but you don't get the synergy bonus, you just get the mod bonuses.

Thanks. Seems a bit odd though. I havent had many decent weapons from lock boxes and I've open about 50 of them. I think I've had about 5 weapons with any synergies tied to them. Oh well, back to key hunting.

On an unrelated note (sorry. You can pm me with the answer so to stop this thread going off topic) what do the key fragment do and how do I get one?

DeMoted
04-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Thanks. Seems a bit odd though. I havent had many decent weapons from lock boxes and I've open about 50 of them. I think I've had about 5 weapons with any synergies tied to them. Oh well, back to key hunting.

On an unrelated note (sorry. You can pm me with the answer so to stop this thread going off topic) what do the key fragment do and how do I get one?

The higher your ego the more weapons you get have synergies on them. The problem is good luck ever finding the synergy mod for the gun hahaha

CaptainRaj
04-15-2013, 02:21 AM
The higher your ego the more weapons you get have synergies on them. The problem is good luck ever finding the synergy mod for the gun hahaha

Im an ego 790 and one of my mates is about 400. Hes had two oranges and I've had none. I'm jealous.

Anyway, thanks for this post. Its very helpful.

Yurelias
04-15-2013, 02:46 AM
thx, i use your thread for the french forum :)

Amonkira
04-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Bump this thread and add some more data.

Thank you for this! I originally tested "a" above with Survivalist and thought this didn't work. It turns out that the description of Survivalist is a little off. Survivalist says it does "+2% damage on a target with full health and shields", so I shot a skitterling for 1271 with my Survivalist rifle... equipped a second Survivalist weapon... shot another skitterling and got 1271 again... concluded equipping both weapons as Survivalist weapons didn't grant a bonus.

But what Survivalist actually does is give "~5% extra crit damage when you critical a target with full health and shields". So if I shot a "fresh mutant" without critting, I'd get 1271 no matter what weapons I used.

However, if I critted a fresh mutant with one Survivalist weapon I'd get the normal 4386, but if I critted the fresh mutant with a second stowed Survivalist weapon... I'd crit for 4605.

Wait what...so basically I can get this loadout:

sniper rifle with 4x precision synergy (giving me +20% accuracy + 6% EGO duration on crit)
AR with 4x assassin synergy, giving me 4% crit + 10% dmg after crit kill...

And those will stack - giving me a totalt of:

20% accuracy
4% crit
6% EGO duration on crit kill
10% dmg after crit kill

IF I keep them in the same loadout...

Or am I wrong?

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Wait what...so basically I can get this loadout:

sniper rifle with 4x precision synergy (giving me +20% accuracy + 6% EGO duration on crit)
AR with 4x assassin synergy, giving me 4% crit + 10% dmg after crit kill...

And those will stack - giving me a totalt of:

20% accuracy
4% crit
6% EGO duration on crit kill
10% dmg after crit kill

IF I keep them in the same loadout...

Or am I wrong?

Im pretty sure the synergy is only active when its weapon is being used. Definetly worth s test though

digibluez
04-15-2013, 08:18 AM
And how do these synergies work, i never understood, because its not told anywhere.
Is it like item sets? the numbers mean you will get nr 1+2 bonus if you got 2 items with he same synergy name? If so they really need to make so, that the others are greyed out or other color when not active, really confusing, i always thought if i get a weapon that has synergies listed, that i get the bonus from it.

Tango80
04-15-2013, 08:26 AM

That part is not totally 100% correct. I got two Scavenger mods from a Synergy mod cache from the vendor. So It looks like the RNG for the brutal and Run and Gun mods tend to be higher than everything else. Just to point out so that yes you can spend the keycodes to get synergy mods however expect allot of brutal and run and gun mods over anything else.

DeMoted
04-15-2013, 08:29 AM
That part is not totally 100% correct. I got two Scavenger mods from a Synergy mod cache from the vendor. So It looks like the RNG for the brutal and Run and Gun mods tend to be higher than everything else. Just to point out so that yes you can spend the keycodes to get synergy mods however expect allot of brutal and run and gun mods over anything else.

You bought a rep vendor mod cache that is why. The mod caches from lock boxes are only brutal and Run n gun trust me I bought about 20.

Tango80
04-15-2013, 08:30 AM
You bought a rep vendor mod cache that is why. The mod caches from lock boxes are only brutal and Run n gun trust me I bought about 20.

Nope did not i should know i haven't bought any faction synergy mod caches as i'm saving up all my faction currency atm.

How ever i am running into allot of the brutal and run and gun mods.

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 08:31 AM

I think you may be right. I took out that part from my original post, because it seems that more synergy mods open with higher ego ratings,
not confirmed

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 08:33 AM
And how do these synergies work, i never understood, because its not told anywhere.
Is it like item sets? the numbers mean you will get nr 1+2 bonus if you got 2 items with he same synergy name? If so they really need to make so, that the others are greyed out or other color when not active, really confusing, i always thought if i get a weapon that has synergies listed, that i get the bonus from it.

Synergies work like item sets. When you have a synergized gun, adding mods with the same synergy to that gun will begin to unlock extra bonuses.
And yes, some kind of indication as to what bonuses are active would be fantastic

did I answer your question?

Tango80
04-15-2013, 08:36 AM
I think you may be right. I took out that part from my original post, because it seems that more synergy mods open with higher ego ratings,
not confirmed

I think the RNG is skewed for the brutal / run and gun mods atm because the first mod cache i opened contained two scavenger mods for a sniper rifle (still haven't found a sniper rifle with the scavenger synergy) and one for a pistol also a scavenger mod.

The rest i have opened so far tend to be brutal and run and gun. I have so far open 4 synergy mod caches in total. So again i really think the RNG is skewed for those two particular synergy weapons atm.

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 08:39 AM
I think the RNG is skewed for the brutal / run and gun mods atm because the first mod cache i opened contained two scavenger mods for a sniper rifle (still haven't found a sniper rifle with the scavenger synergy) and one for a pistol also a scavenger mod.

The rest i have opened so far tend to be brutal and run and gun. I have so far open 4 synergy mod caches in total. So again i really think the RNG is skewed for those two particular synergy weapons atm.

I believe the RNG changes as ego rating goes up.

I really wish this would be explained more. This isn't Demon's souls / Dark souls

I enjoy figuring things out, but there isn't even a help section on this topic at all. very frustrating

Tango80
04-15-2013, 08:51 AM
I believe the RNG changes as ego rating goes up.

I really wish this would be explained more. This isn't Demon's souls / Dark souls

I enjoy figuring things out, but there isn't even a help section on this topic at all. very frustrating

I dunno maybe. Maybe not. I tend to get alot of rockets and grenade launchers as RNG white / green / blue loot drops. Not to mention grenades and shields lots and lots of grenades and shields.
Very rarely do i get an assault rifle / smg / LMG
Occasionaly i do get the odd shotgun / infector / pistol

And this really hasn't changed from the start of the game.

So who knows i think the RNG is a bit weird. I dunno i'm not one of the game programmers so it might be working as intended. Your guess is as good as mine.

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 08:54 AM
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I honestly believe that Trion left the synergy system unfinished to extend gameplay and balance the economy.

Here is what I mean:

-Most people don't know that not all the synergy mods are released, so they continuously buy mod caches to try over and over in hopes that they will get lucky, and to do this, they need to farm keycodes/scrip/resources, thus extending the game

- With the constant purchase of mod caches and lock boxes, the scrip available to the players is not stacking, so there is not a whole lot of scrip floating between the players right now, its all going back to the in game vendors.

(I was an economics minor in college [some knowledge, but no expert])

I believe this is all done on purpose to compensate for the amount of content available right now.
This is probably why the RNG is skewed to low tier weapons right now

I'm sure that as more content is released, the mod caches and lockboxes will begin to stock better items.

Trion doesn't want players trading legendary synergy mods for only 20,000 scrip.

Hiero Glyph
04-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah, I think that either EGO level or a rollout over time will allow most of these synergies to be found on weapon mods. Still, it seems somewhat counterintuitive to have them available on weapons but not on mods yet.

On a side note, can someone explain to me how [2] Machinist/Outlaw/Survivalist/Veteran works on a weapon that has a [1]-[4] synergy already? I would assume that adding a mod with the matching synergy will activate the [1]-[4] effect, but what activates the starting class ability, and why is there a [2] prefix? Thanks for any help you can provide, I have tried searching for this but have not found a detailed answer yet.

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I think that either EGO level or a rollout over time will allow most of these synergies to be found on weapon mods. Still, it seems somewhat counterintuitive to have them available on weapons but not on mods yet.

On a side note, can someone explain to me how [2] Machinist/Outlaw/Survivalist/Veteran works on a weapon that has a [1]-[4] synergy already? I would assume that adding a mod with the matching synergy will activate the [1]-[4] effect, but what activates the starting class ability, and why is there a [2] prefix? Thanks for any help you can provide, I have tried searching for this but have not found a detailed answer yet.

Tell me if this is not the answer you need.
The synergies with [2] in front means you need to have 2 mods with that same synergy for it to apply the bonus.

It is speculated that putting these [2] synergized mods on a [1] - [4] synergized gun will add the bonus for the [2] synergy, but will not count towards bonuses for the [1] - [4] synergy. (I think I even confused myself)

Anyway, since the synergies do not become highlighted, and there is no concrete confirmation that they are active, I cannot confirm anything in this post

Grimwyrd
04-15-2013, 09:55 AM
On a side note, can someone explain to me how [2] Machinist/Outlaw/Survivalist/Veteran works on a weapon that has a [1]-[4] synergy already? I would assume that adding a mod with the matching synergy will activate the [1]-[4] effect, but what activates the starting class ability, and why is there a [2] prefix?

Here's what I think I know so far:

There are two separate synergy systems.

1) Loadout Synergy
Loadout Synergy is marked by the weapon having one bonus labeled [2]. If you have a Primary weapon and Secondary weapon with the same Loadout Synergy, you get the listed bonus.

This applies to Hard-boiled, Machinist, Nano-Executioner, Nano-Mastery, Outlaw, Sawbones, Survivalist, Veteran, and Wrecker. Equip two of the same weapons, get the bonus... there are no mods.

2) Mod Synergy
Mod Synergy is marked by the weapon having four bonuses labeled [1],[2],[3]&[4]. For the wielded weapon, you receive the bonuses based on having 1-4 matching synergy mods. Brutal weapon with no Brutal mods equals no bonus. Brutal weapon with 1 Brutal mod equals [1] bonus. Brutal weapon with 2 Brutal mods equals [1] & [2] bonuses. Et cetera.

This applies to Assassin, Brutal, Cannoneer, EGO Precision, Grenadier, Prepared, Quartermaster, Rolling Thunder, Run-n-Gun, Scavenger, and Stalker. Find mods to match the weapon, get the bonuses. Stowed weapon does not matter.

I have not personally seen Assassin, Cannoneer, Grenadier, Quartermaster, Rolling Thunder, or Stalker mods in the game yet, but it's possible that they would show up at high EGO ratings or in future content.

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 10:05 AM

1) Loadout Synergy
Loadout Synergy is marked by the weapon having one bonus labeled [2]. If you have a Primary weapon and Secondary weapon with the same Loadout Synergy, you get the listed bonus.

This applies to Hard-boiled, Machinist, Nano-Executioner, Nano-Mastery, Outlaw, Sawbones, Survivalist, Veteran, and Wrecker. Equip two of the same weapons, get the bonus... there are no mods.

2) Mod Synergy
Mod Synergy is marked by the weapon having four bonuses labeled [1],[2],[3]&[4]. For the wielded weapon, you receive the bonuses based on having 1-4 matching synergy mods. Brutal weapon with no Brutal mods equals no bonus. Brutal weapon with 1 Brutal mod equals [1] bonus. Brutal weapon with 2 Brutal mods equals [1] & [2] bonuses. Et cetera.

This applies to Assassin, Brutal, Cannoneer, EGO Precision, Grenadier, Prepared, Quartermaster, Rolling Thunder, Run-n-Gun, Scavenger, and Stalker. Find mods to match the weapon, get the bonuses. Stowed weapon does not matter.

I have not personally seen Assassin, Cannoneer, Grenadier, Quartermaster, Rolling Thunder, or Stalker mods in the game yet, but it's possible that they would show up at high EGO ratings or in future content.

I agree with this post completely, and it makes perfect sense. I'm going to test this with as many combinations as possible and post results

Hiero Glyph
04-15-2013, 10:11 AM
@Grimwyrd

Thank you for the reply. I thought it was something along those lines but had not read a clear and detailed response regarding how to activate each synergy. I guess now I need to start looking for weapon pairings as most of the mod synergies seem to not be available yet. Thanks again, this was the answer I was looking for!

RequiemPrime
04-15-2013, 10:14 AM
What an absolute mess these Synergies are.

So many of them, and no official explanation/tool tip/tutorial as to how to implement them in game properly. And no indication whether a player is doing something right or wrong. Coupled with the fact that you can apply any of the mods to any gun with whatever Synergy.........

Delte
04-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Anyone actualy seen any mods for the weapons with these synergies on them? All I seem to get are the brutal synergy mods yet to see any other kind.

Grimwyrd
04-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I agree with this post completely, and it makes perfect sense. I'm going to test this with as many combinations as possible and post results

I've tested "Loadout Synergy" for Outlaw, Veteran, Survivalist, Machinist.

One thing to note on Survivalist: it's the easiest one to see, but the description is wrong. It says "+2% damage on targets with full health and shields", but what it really does is more like "+5% critical damage on targets with full health and shield". So you have to crit with your first shot.

For instance, headshot a mutant with a Survivalist sniper rifle for 4386, then equip a Survivalist Secondary weapon and headshot a mutant for 4605. I have a video for this, but YouTube is acting weird and won't seem to upload.

I've tested "Mod Synergy" for Brutal weapons (since those are the mods I have). Equipping two Brutal weapons doesn't do anything.

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 10:30 AM

1) Loadout Synergy

2) Mod Synergy

I've tested "Loadout Synergy" for Outlaw, Veteran, Survivalist, Machinist.

One thing to note on Survivalist: it's the easiest one to see, but the description is wrong. It says "+2% damage on targets with full health and shields", but what it really does is more like "+5% critical damage on targets with full health and shield". So you have to crit with your first shot.

For instance, headshot a mutant with a Survivalist sniper rifle for 4386, then equip a Survivalist Secondary weapon and headshot a mutant for 4605. I have a video for this, but YouTube is acting weird and won't seem to upload.

I've tested "Mod Synergy" for Brutal weapons (since those are the mods I have). Equipping two Brutal weapons doesn't do anything.

As the creator of this thread I will vouch for Grimwyrd, an active contributor of this thread since its creation. Consider these posts confirmed.

RequiemPrime
04-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Anyone actualy seen any mods for the weapons with these synergies on them? All I seem to get are the brutal synergy mods yet to see any other kind.

So far my buddy has been pulling Brutal, Run-N-Gun, and Scavenger from the Mod Cache. I have a higher Ego rating than him but I haven't bothered with the cache, as just looking for the regular blue mods are a nightmare. From what it seems is though the higher the Ego, the more different types you unlock.

Grimwyrd
04-15-2013, 02:43 PM
OK, YouTube was working for me again. I uploaded a video that explains my "best guesses" about the Synergy systems, including footage of Survivalist in action.

Synergy Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME&list=PL9NY-iqEaM3EqTK9XGtl_HpugS2qBUUlk)

Evilution
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
OK, YouTube was working for me again. I uploaded a video that explains my "best guesses" about the Synergy systems, including footage of Survivalist in action.

Synergy Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME&list=PL9NY-iqEaM3EqTK9XGtl_HpugS2qBUUlk)Nice vid and good work on testing it. Also nice work on finding out the "Loadout Synergy", that is really useful and I will be looking out for them weapons more often now. Especially since we aren't getting some synergy mods atm.

Delte
04-15-2013, 04:18 PM
So far my buddy has been pulling Brutal, Run-N-Gun, and Scavenger from the Mod Cache. I have a higher Ego rating than him but I haven't bothered with the cache, as just looking for the regular blue mods are a nightmare. From what it seems is though the higher the Ego, the more different types you unlock.

Ego rating of 1100+ and still nothing but Brutal mods from the lockers.

Agent T8235
04-15-2013, 08:44 PM

Synergy Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXDZwu07aME&list=PL9NY-iqEaM3EqTK9XGtl_HpugS2qBUUlk)

Im putting this video in the original post

Agent T8235
04-16-2013, 01:16 AM
WOOT!! We are the #1 search result on Google for Defiance Synergy!!

DeMoted
04-16-2013, 08:31 PM
Where the **** are all the synergy mods... All these orange weapons ****ing useless b.c there is no synergie mods for them.

Agent T8235
04-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Where the **** are all the synergy mods... All these orange weapons ****ing useless b.c there is no synergie mods for them.

I thought they would add more with the big patch, but I still see nothing new

Grimwyrd
04-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Just hit EGO 1250 and vendor specials have upgraded again. Blues are starting to come with Cannoneer, Quartermaster, Run-n-Gun while greens are starting to come with Machinist/Veteran/Survivalist/Outlaw.

fang1192
04-17-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm at 1414 Ego, and one of the Special at the vendor right now is a Sniper Rifle III Recoil Stock with Scavenger Synergy.

Kriltos
04-18-2013, 04:24 AM
I've had it before but for the life of me cant remember where.. but i basicly added a ammo mod to a SMG and it added the bio effect to my gun. i wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this? as im after a lightening ammo mod to add to a wepaon :)

add me up ingame if you want, name is the same EU server tho! ( PC )

fang1192
04-18-2013, 05:42 AM
I've had it before but for the life of me cant remember where.. but i basicly added a ammo mod to a SMG and it added the bio effect to my gun. i wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this? as im after a lightening ammo mod to add to a wepaon :)

I've only personally seen them for shotguns but they're there. I had one that was Incendiary, and now there is one in my inventory that is toxic (Radiation).

Evilution
04-18-2013, 05:45 AM
Just hit EGO 1250 and vendor specials have upgraded again. Blues are starting to come with Cannoneer, Quartermaster, Run-n-Gun while greens are starting to come with Machinist/Veteran/Survivalist/Outlaw.Any vendors that sell these more than others ? Like the hidden ones for instance, or the mod vendors, as I haven't seen any yet.

fang1192
04-18-2013, 05:49 AM
@Evilution - im at 1400+ and while the special vendors are more consistent they also dont really change. Specials are pretty much random and any bonuses associated with a special are tied to your EGO.

Evilution
04-18-2013, 05:51 AM
@Evilution - im at 1400+ and while the special vendors are more consistent they also dont really change. Specials are pretty much random and any bonuses associated with a special are tied to your EGO.
I'm just over 1k ego, maybe I will get more luck higher then :p

KingMike
04-20-2013, 04:17 AM
Excellent thread, thanks all you for the great effort you put into this.

-M

Agent T8235
04-20-2013, 05:36 AM
Updated to reflect the difference between loadout and mod synergies

Pelaquin
04-20-2013, 06:18 AM
Just hit EGO 1250 and vendor specials have upgraded again. Blues are starting to come with Cannoneer, Quartermaster, Run-n-Gun while greens are starting to come with Machinist/Veteran/Survivalist/Outlaw.

I was just going to post the same thing, i think once you hit level 1200 more Synergys are unlocked, at least from the Faction vendors anyway as i have started to see Veteran, Cannoneer, Machinist and the others you listed.

DeMoted
04-20-2013, 06:42 AM
I was just going to post the same thing, i think once you hit level 1200 more Synergys are unlocked, at least from the Faction vendors anyway as i have started to see Veteran, Cannoneer, Machinist and the others you listed.

Yes guys but the problem is those guns are useless since the Mods are not in game. That is what people are complain about.

Agent T8235
04-20-2013, 07:36 AM
the mods might unlock at higher ego

DeMoted
04-20-2013, 07:51 AM
the mods might unlock at higher ego

Nope... They don't.

Niurok
04-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Do these factional mod cache's have just 1 mod or random tiered amounts? If its just 1 random mod for 100 faction points that's a big waste.

Taishaku
04-20-2013, 11:11 AM
So, to make it clear, are some mods not yet in game? I really would like to know, instead of spending tons of resources and get only brutal mods all the time.

DeMoted
04-20-2013, 11:12 AM
So, to make it clear, are some mods not yet in game? I really would like to know, instead of spending tons of resources and get only brutal mods all the time.

Yea unless you need to be EGO 5000 to unlock them lol

Gabbro1000
04-20-2013, 11:17 AM
I just want a couple of prepared synergies for my lmg... I got them for nearly every other weapon I DON'T have... it's a numbers game, I'll get them eventually.

Delte
04-21-2013, 03:20 AM
I am 100% certain this feature is broken in the game. The only mods I have ever seen are Brutal. I know I can buy some off the vendors but that only account for 50% of them in the game. I have had a orange infector gun with survivalist synergy on it since i was ego level 777 and now I am 1800+ bought lockboxes and only got brutal from them.

Without a survivalist vendor how are we supposed to mod weapons or any weapon that has a synergy that you can't buy with any certainty ?

Grimwyrd
04-21-2013, 12:17 PM
You don't need mods for Survivalist (or Hard-Boiled, Machinist, Nano-Executioner, Nano-Mastery, Outlaw, Sawbones, Veteran, Wrecker), you just need to equip two weapons with that synergy.

I think the only six synergy mods that should be in the game, but I haven't seen yet are: Assassin, Cannoneer, Grenadier, Quartermaster, Rolling Thunder, and Stalker (and Run-n-Gun would be hard to find the ones you want).

MrE78
04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
I found a Grenadier so you can confirm.

http://i.imgur.com/ohDB8Ct.jpg

DeMoted
04-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Wonder if Trion ever plans on adding these mods.

Agent T8235
04-22-2013, 07:21 PM

Finally a confirmation, thank you soooooo much

MrE78
04-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Just a quick not that has been showing up since around 1850 ego at all the special vendors it is just now after 2000 ego that it has been more "random" for me.

taskun56
04-23-2013, 06:02 AM
I bought a few mods boxes today from the Rep vendors and noticed you can't trade the mods that come out of them. So, essentially grinding 7 dailies (+10 each) and 1 weekly (+50) makes earliest 10 days if you complete the weeklys as soon as they are available, for buying guns. Its still 10 days of dailies or 5 days with a weekly for a single mod cache box which contains a SINGLE synergy of random rarity and gun type. In all that time I can max out the gun I was saving the mods for and move on a few hundred EGO.

I have also purchased 16 regular mod caches and obtained ~85% Brutal Mods and the rest were Run-N-Gun.

Not sure if this is intended but I refuse to play this mod/synergy-game anymore. Theres not really any end game and dealing the most damage in Arkfalls doesn't give you anything different than the guy in 20th place.

I also noticed my guns are no longer gaining Skill EXP, but the exp bar on the gun itself is still filling. When I asked a GM I was given a cookie cutter response and no answer; ie. They have no clue.

If I get an answer regarding the mods from the regular boxes I will let you all know, but otherwise I'm moving on until they fix all of this.

RoG Goat
04-25-2013, 06:14 AM
How do you get a 'synergised' mod?
I thought you just added any mod to the slot and it would get the effect...

pyrolm
04-25-2013, 09:27 AM
So anyone that has a Brutal or Run and Gun synergy gun and has attached the corresponding mods, do you get 1-4 bonuses stacked, or if you have 4 mods on your gun do you just get the level four bonus? Like run and gun if you have one mod you get 5% movement accuracy, if you put two mods on it do you just get the 10% movement accuracy or does it stack and you actually get 15%?

DeMoted
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
So anyone that has a Brutal or Run and Gun synergy gun and has attached the corresponding mods, do you get 1-4 bonuses stacked, or if you have 4 mods on your gun do you just get the level four bonus? Like run and gun if you have one mod you get 5% movement accuracy, if you put two mods on it do you just get the 10% movement accuracy or does it stack and you actually get 15%?
You only would get (2) and (4) as far as I have heard. So if you have 3 mods in you would get (2) (3) bonuses. They don't stack so (1) say 5% accuracy and (2) 10% accuracry you will Only get 10% accuracy not 15%.

This is only what I read from other people I myself have not tested this out.

pyrolm
04-25-2013, 10:06 AM
Okay cool, so they don't stack but you can get both the bonuses that are different. That was something I was wondering about too, 2 mods you get movement accuracy but then the third mod you grenade recharge or something, so I was thinking I would just then stop at two if I didn't want grenade recharge. But if you get both then thats awesome. Thanks for the info.

AllDay
04-26-2013, 09:28 AM
will post the few that ive come across that i still have in my inv.

http://i.imgur.com/CuIPtx7.png

http://i.imgur.com/ppzMAdv.png

http://i.imgur.com/eiUGbRk.png

http://i.imgur.com/pZ9SPjE.png

http://i.imgur.com/dlHcBDZ.png

I have or have had at least one of every mod listed on this forum>:cool:

fang1192
04-26-2013, 09:33 AM
I have or have had at least one of every mod listed on this forum>:cool:

So you had a Machinist, Survivalist, and Veteran Mod? BS.

Delte
04-26-2013, 10:04 AM

That is not a mod its a weapon with a synergy attached to it. Where are the scopes, barrels, stocks and clips with these effects ? Without those in the game this weapon is just the same as any other blue weapon out there of the same type.

There are no other mods out for weapons other than the ones bought via the vendors and Run-n-Gun and Brutal from the lockboxes.

shadowkin
04-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Where can i find quartermaster mods? Just got an orange weapon with quartermaster synergy

OneArmGamer
04-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Reply I got from my ticket about only getting brutal and Run & gun mods from synergy mod cache.

Hello Ark Hunter,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We appreciate the information you have been able to provide us regarding your experience with mod caches. Upon review, it does appear that the in-game feature mentioned is currently working as designed. It seems as though you are encountering the more common mods, and the mods that you desire, understandably, are on the rare side of the spectrum. If you are interested in seeing possible changes to this feature, please be sure to submit Feedback using the in-game option, as our Customer Support Department is unable to make any changes to what is currently seen in-game. Instructions for locating this option can be found below.

1. Press 'F6' to get to the settings screen
2. Click on 'Submit Feedback'
3. Select a Category (Comment, Bug, Other) and enter text explaining the bug you currently have or feedback you have about Defiance.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

mikepaul
05-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Picked up a Scavenger Sniper Recoil Stock III at Top Notch. Now I need to find a rifle to put it in...

Grimwyrd
05-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Official confirmation of two styles of synergy. http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/05/07/weapon-synergy/

They call it "weapon-weapon" synergy when both weapons have the same synergy (Hard-Boiled, Machinist, Nano-Executioner, Nano-Mastery, Outlaw, Sawbones, Survivalist, Veteran, and Wrecker).

They call it "weapon-mod" synergy when one weapon has 1-4 matching synergy mods in it.

PeteHSL
05-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Has anyone found any Cannoneer Synergy Mods? Ive been looking all over for them and no luck

Mladenov
05-12-2013, 04:21 PM
I never found one of these Cannoneer synergy mods :(

Hiero Glyph
05-12-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure why Trion is withholding the details regarding how to acquire mods with specific synergies. So far the only confirmed method to acquire some of these synergy mods is from getting Gold on Hotshot/Sharpshooter challenges. Given the random nature of these it hardly seems like an effective method of finding these mods. Given the rarity for these mods they would likely sell for over 500,000 Scrip each. Hopefully Trion addresses/acknowledges this issue in the near future.

xSSx Ceksy
05-12-2013, 08:39 PM
So far the only confirmed method to acquire some of these synergy mods is from getting Gold on Hotshot/Sharpshooter challenges.

I haven't read this anywhere, can you link the confirmation?

tysignus korr
05-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Here is some feedback for you....

When you have a synergy weapon with that particular synergy's mods, the actual tooltip under the weapon needs to be highlighted to show what you have unlocked so far.

Also add in the missing cannoneer, assassin, etc. mods to say the keycode vendor or faction vendors.

And wtf is there not a dang sniper rifle with scavenger synergy!&@$

Cool system, bad implementation. Pls fix kthxbai

Baron Bean
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
would like to add that i got a quartermaster stock for assault/smg from a random lockbox. other than countless brutal and run-and-gun this is the only other one i've got

Mowazzy
06-04-2013, 01:14 PM
where can I find outlaw synergy mods?

fang1192
06-04-2013, 02:14 PM
where can I find outlaw synergy mods?

How about reading the OP that spoonfed you the information?

Toolatetotalk
06-10-2013, 07:34 PM
If the weapon doesn't have Synergy on it then there is no reason to put synergy mods into it. Correct?

I've got a North Star with No synergy but another one with synergy in it. One is Legendary and one is not..

Cavadus
06-11-2013, 10:18 AM
If the weapon doesn't have Synergy on it then there is no reason to put synergy mods into it. Correct?

Correct. The weapon has to have the synergy set attached to it for the corresponding mods to grant their affects.

I wish they'd actually remove the synergy pre-reqs from the weapons themselves and give us more freedom in building mod sets.

Switches
08-13-2013, 05:31 PM
Grenadier and Brutal Synergy Mods are located at Muir Processing Plant.

Run and Gun and Assassin Synergy Mods are located at Coit Tower.

Cannoneer Synergy Mods are obtainable via Co-op Missions.

Go add it in the list.

fang1192
08-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Grenadier and Brutal Synergy Mods are located at Muir Processing Plant.

Run and Gun and Assassin Synergy Mods are located at Coit Tower.

Go add it in the list.

You must have done extensive testing to arrogantly announce this result.

Switches
08-13-2013, 11:00 PM
You must have done extensive testing to arrogantly announce this result.
Instead of acting like a ****, you could have said it in a nicer way.

All the past posts are from several months ago. A lot can happen within "several months." Different locations may mean different synergy mods. It's a theory.

fang1192
08-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Instead of acting like a ****, you could have said it in a nicer way.

All the past posts are from several months ago. A lot can happen within "several months." Different locations may mean different synergy mods. It's a theory.

So we should add something to the list because you came up with a theory? Courtesy aside, that is not bright. By the way, the only mod caches that are confirmed on the front page are from faction specific mod caches.

Also, you could have been more polite as well.

Switches
08-14-2013, 12:15 PM
So we should add something to the list because you came up with a theory? Courtesy aside, that is not bright. By the way, the only mod caches that are confirmed on the front page are from faction specific mod caches.

Also, you could have been more polite as well.

I was polite, you were not initially. Then again, let's forget about courtesy. I've checked the other posts on this thread. The people bought a bulk of mods from one place, and not from other mod caches. I theorize that different locations give out different mod caches. I'm still testing out this theory, but for the mean time, I'm posting my findings to see if it works.

JxSiN
08-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Woohoo, lets ressurect a dead thread with fighting!

I doubt this thread gets updated since it was made in April and the poster may not even be around anymore. Besides, there is an updated and current synergy list on the forums. It is found in my signature as well as the sticky for forum game guides. Any community input is greatly appreciated, but speculation is not included

Lord CAVS
06-16-2014, 11:59 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img840/9004/c6nq.jpg

Bonehead
06-17-2014, 12:08 AM
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=177337&d=1395790236

drackiller
06-17-2014, 12:10 AM
http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=177337&d=1395790236

Hey , that picture is mine...i already have reported that as necroing.

Bonehead
06-17-2014, 12:19 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/Neuroticus/ThreadNecroCArd.jpg

crazyged
06-17-2014, 12:46 AM
I have a question:

I keep on picking up Outlaw synergy Shotguns, but you can't get outlaw mods at Bug 'n Chug! Very annoying! Where the hell can I get some Outlaw shotgun mods?

Griffix8
06-17-2014, 01:13 AM
I have a question:

I keep on picking up Outlaw synergy Shotguns, but you can't get outlaw mods at Bug 'n Chug! Very annoying! Where the hell can I get some Outlaw shotgun mods?
There aren't any. Any weapon that has only one line for its effects is called a backpack. This means you need both your weapons in your loadout to be that synergy. I.e you need an Outlaw shotgun and another Outlaw gun in order for the synergy to work.

Atticus Batman
06-17-2014, 02:01 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img840/9004/c6nq.jpg

You resurrected an obsolete thread by a guy who left the forums a month after making it just to show a picture of a synergy that was added recently? Ok. Good for you. That is a 7th legion synergy and you can only get the mods out of a 7th legion mod box. Happy, now?

crazyged
06-17-2014, 03:51 AM
you need both your weapons in your loadout to be that synergy.

Aah, makes sense!

drackiller
06-17-2014, 04:55 AM
Aah, makes sense!

Please don`t do this, people wont like you by this. Necro is not allowed in this forum and this thread is bound to be closed.
Be positive, don`t be part of the problem.

Lord CAVS
06-17-2014, 01:09 PM
I start play 1 week ago and this information is useful... But ok, its much easier dont help anyone.