PDA

View Full Version : Advanced forms of Armor/clothing, morphing/holographic/biological

Obsidian
10-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I am hoping we will see some really awesome armor, During many of the video's and peeks we have seen some really awesome stuff, But all of it so far has been kinda standard shooter look, I was wondering is we will get some social clothing and combat armor that has a holographic look to is like the tech armor from mass effect.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Tech_Armor

Also some armor that is in a state of constant movement, such as a transformer like armor that shifts around for no apparent reason, Or armor that morphs from time to time, Living Biological armor, Alive Metalic armor like witchblade. I am hoping that we can see some of this awesome looks translate to this Triple A title.

Escyos
10-05-2012, 04:55 PM
There are some energy shields as well as armor. Not too sure about holographic or biological armors, but the Irathients do "embrace" the natural lifestyle so maybe they do have something.

(BTW that link was terrible. Not the link itself, the website that was linked to.)

Siantlark
10-05-2012, 06:41 PM
I'd think that with this being a recovering world and all after a psuedo apocalypse that we'd stick with more pratical armor that has less "showy" function and emphasis cheap, effective and replaceable parts.

Shadinaxx
10-07-2012, 09:39 PM
I woudl think that with the alien technology hybrid creations, that there will eventually be some flashy "flair" type of augmentations to armor and clothing, and prolly stuff of the holographic nature for HUDs visable to other players, special scopes with a holo screen, etc. Give it time before you wanna go play dress up with your low level character right away, armor/clothing should grow and augment your character's game life as they advance.

Accomplish feats of greatness, acquire special, rare gear to show that you are someone that stands out, etc. I know the feeling of not wanting to be a carbon copied clone of gear that EVERYONE has, just because it has the best stats for your playstyle, etc. But I am confident in the Trion team, what they've done in Rift alone, with custome panels, armor dyes, etc, you can look pretty much like anything from a random lvl 1 fresh player, to a fully decked out legend on multiple servers, with customizations only a sparse handful have attained.

Disdain
10-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Ok my opinion on the armour is this, forget world epic drops, in fact forget armor / weapon drops. The only time you should receive an armour/weapon drop is if the minion on the receiving end of your wrath was capable of wearing/crafting such armour/weapons. Quest givers should give the nominal armour/weapon upgrades as should crafting said armours/weapons. With epics being from a long lost research base whos staff were at the time on the brink of scientific breakthroughs etc etc, since recently discovered and guarded by the unspeakable.

Well you get where Im going with this, though I tend to agree with Siantlark.

Lets put everyone on the same playing field and let the bravest be rewarded.

A system of crafting like "Fallen Earth" only not as tedious.