PDA

View Full Version : in-game pay "real money"?

Joaquin1119
02-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Hello,

I like to know if we have to pay for anything that is in-game with real money? because some people are telling people we have to pay and some says we don't..or is it like WoW when paying 15 bucks a month

SRod1706
02-28-2013, 09:50 AM
You can buy xp boost and such and cosmetic changes, but you do not have to. It also seems you can buy equipment that is also located in game. So you can go find it or you can just buy it, but I am not 100% about how the equipment will work.

Market
02-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Hello,

I like to know if we have to pay for anything that is in-game with real money? because some people are telling people we have to pay and some says we don't..or is it like WoW when paying 15 bucks a month

there's no subscription, either... buy to play =)

SRod1706
02-28-2013, 09:52 AM
Oh yeah. That too. You have to buy the game.

Archangel
02-28-2013, 10:08 AM
no weapons or shields or grenades will be purchased with real money. They are wanting to avoid the buy to win model of transactions.

Its mainly to boost your bonus's like loot, exp, luck, scrip
or
to purchase cosmetic things like outfits, headgear, and maybe vehicles.

Joaquin1119
02-28-2013, 10:12 AM
thanks for the reply guys..I just found out about this game and trying to find a lot of information about it..The part that scare me the most is that this game is base on a t.v show. here is my little reason, here is a example. A new movie is coming out, so we go to see that movie in theaters. The movie was great!, but when some game developer try to make it into a game it fails bad. you see what i'm trying to say?

Archangel
02-28-2013, 10:18 AM
thanks for the reply guys..I just found out about this game and trying to find a lot of information about it..The part that scare me the most is that this game is base on a t.v show. here is my little reason, here is a example. A new movie is coming out, so we go to see that movie in theaters. The movie was great!, but when some game developer try to make it into a game it fails bad. you see what i'm trying to say?

The game comes out before the TV show and it wasn't based off what the show is about.

They have mentioned this before. When things are based off others they are very restricting in what you can and can't do. Defiance is different.

From the begining both Syfy and Trion worked together to create a story that would work off each other. So the game isn't limited to what the show does since the show takes place in St.Louis and the game takes place in the bay area.

You could almost say the show is based off the game but thats not true either. They are equal partners.

Joaquin1119
02-28-2013, 10:33 AM
The game comes out before the TV show and it wasn't based off what the show is about.

They have mentioned this before. When things are based off others they are very restricting in what you can and can't do. Defiance is different.

From the begining both Syfy and Trion worked together to create a story that would work off each other. So the game isn't limited to what the show does since the show takes place in St.Louis and the game takes place in the bay area.

You could almost say the show is based off the game but thats not true either. They are equal partners.

alright cool. I thought the game was going to be based of a show,thanks for the info.

Archangel
02-28-2013, 10:44 AM
alright cool. I thought the game was going to be based of a show,thanks for the info.

My pleasure. The IGN video in my link i believe covers some of those cross overs with the show and the game.

Dead_Phoenix
02-28-2013, 10:48 AM
this is what makes this game so unique, its not a cheap knock off, of a film/tv show to rake in some extra cash. its being made inconjunction, with as far as well can tell quite a unique plot. finger crossed