PDA

View Full Version : PvP needs it's own...

Cygnus
10-07-2017, 01:41 PM
I really wish PvP had it's own gear. The appeal of defiance PvP has been nerfed to nonexistence. It's no longer a run what you brung do to "balance". All the great weapons, shields, rigs, chips, perks, masteries, and synergies have been nerfed or broken because of PvP "ballance". The devs make improvements for us or cool stuff only to have it adjusted 3 weeks or 3 moths later for PvP.

Every PvPr has their preferred class and load out and thinks everything else is cheap or trash. Strip PvP down to a weapon and shield. Use the same 50+ weapons offered from py but without synergies or nanos. Use one standard shield. Disable ego, perks and rigs. If the map is big, offer mid and long range classes. If the map is small offer mid and close range weapons. This will keep people from using snipers as shotguns etc. Itll also help players that want to compete from a distance from those the want to engage in closer quarters. Its annoying when you want to fight and you are engaged in a close quarters battle and a sniper head shots you. When entering the arena you select a weapon and receive a shield and all shall be equal. Good?

Leave shadow wars or at least one arena as a run what you brung arena so those who get the building aspect of the game can still test their builds against others. Make this only open to 5k egos and up so there's no need for scaling or new players complaining of having a disadvantage. And finally, leave all weapons, shields, rigs, chips, perks, masteries and synergies as they are when they go live. The game would be a lot more fun if the stuff we have worked as advertised and as oringinally intended.

Unfortunately the devs have probably already been working on a completely different way to adjust PvP that won't help quell PvP complaints.

Just my thoughts...

Mister Bilau
10-07-2017, 04:54 PM
I agree with you.

Aura
10-09-2017, 11:26 AM
They should bring back the old fun pvp that many people left because it was negatively altered (nerfed). The old Defiance days were a lot better in every way compared to the current defiance we have now. We were promised a lot of great updates and content only to be disappointed by them getting rid of FUN parts of the game, without actually adding any great additions to Defiance! Bring back the old pvp, events and other aspects that you either nerfed or completely removed if you want Defiance to shine again. As it is now it's a ghost town. Just my opinion...

Brekka
10-10-2017, 01:05 AM
I'd be more likely to play PVP if this change was made. I prefer my competitive gaming to take place on equal terms, not being influenced by luck, money, and time.

I understand that's not what Defiance PVP is though so I go to other games for that experience. It's a loot based game so it makes sense to test your loot versus another player's. PVP is an afterthought that some people enjoy and some don't. If it's not good for you then there are tons of other games you can look into to get what you want.

neknace1977
10-10-2017, 04:08 AM
I posted about this when I stopped playing pvp to make standardised loadouts and run what you want. Split into two sections I can almost guarantee the standardised part would be overflowing with people while the run what you want would still be a ghost town. Just my opinion I know I would pvp again in the standardised part.

Cygnus
10-10-2017, 07:46 AM
I'd be more likely to play PVP if this change was made. I prefer my competitive gaming to take place on equal terms, not being influenced by luck, money, and time.

I understand that's not what Defiance PVP is though so I go to other games for that experience. It's a loot based game so it makes sense to test your loot versus another player's. PVP is an afterthought that some people enjoy and some don't. If it's not good for you then there are tons of other games you can look into to get what you want.

I like the uniqueness of defiances build your own loadout pvp but ive know players who want to compete on equal terms. I get it and I think we need an arena for those players. I think it would cut down on a lot of nerfs, and complaints.

Cygnus
10-10-2017, 07:53 AM
I posted about this when I stopped playing pvp to make standardised loadouts and run what you want. Split into two sections I can almost guarantee the standardised part would be overflowing with people while the run what you want would still be a ghost town. Just my opinion I know I would pvp again in the standardised part.

I know its not an original idea, ive brought it up a few times before but not always in detail. In the past I would have bet the run what you brung pvp would be the preferred but times have changed and I think youd be right that the stripped down pvp would be prefered with the current players on xbox na anyway.
It would also be cool to see weapons builders for the open pvp reach ingame notoriety