PDA

View Full Version : Extra Life 2017 - You Nailed It!

Altras
10-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Wanted to congratulate the team, the arkfalls are lasting longer, there's legendary drops on the ground, and everyone's the happiest I've seen them for a long time.

Great job and thank you for updating EXL this year!

(my only suggestions is way crank up the spawn rate <3)

Destromathe
10-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Thanks Altras! We are glad everyone is having fun! Make sure everyone joins the Trion team and raises some money for a good cause!

Moring
10-13-2017, 11:13 AM
EXL majors could use T11 and a meatier enemies, final lasts up to 5 minutes.

DEATHBRINGER210
10-13-2017, 11:15 AM
EXL majors could use T11 and a meatier enemies, final lasts up to 5 minutes.

yep they lasted that long on ps3 na too. t11 would be awesome

Altras
10-13-2017, 11:33 AM
@ Destromathe. I can help with whoever is doing Defiance stream find arkfalls with my clans network. Let me know!

Aura
10-13-2017, 12:16 PM
Thanks Altras! We are glad everyone is having fun! Make sure everyone joins the Trion team and raises some money for a good cause!

I'm still waiting for confirmation on whether the upcoming events will have drops??

I thought you said event arkfalls would no longer drop any weapons, mods and shields! Could you please elaborate? If all upcoming events will drop items then that's a very great decision, if it's only for this then the game will keep dying. Hope you will bring back event drops along with the old pvp and such.

Kaivin
10-13-2017, 12:18 PM
I'm really sad about not seeing a Darkest Hour shield anymore, and i would have loved to see the EXL weapon type change a little too since the shield had a rework.

But longer minor/major duration and the buffed drop rate is really nice

Destromathe
10-13-2017, 01:43 PM
@ Destromathe. I can help with whoever is doing Defiance stream find arkfalls with my clans network. Let me know!

Thanks Altras! Today at 3:30 PT on the livestream you are actually going to be introduced to two new team members, Ben and Ben! They are really looking forward to playing with you all.

Light Energy
10-13-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm still waiting for confirmation on whether the upcoming events will have drops??

If you are referring to Extra Life, it IS dropping ground loot and you can get a reward at the scoreboard too. I'm seeing quite a few green and blue ground drops :).

Update:

You can get an OJ reward at the end...and I have seen a few OJ ground drops at a major...so it will be down to luck! :)

https://s1.postimg.org/1o700z1nqn/exl-minor-score.png
https://s1.postimg.org/2nn3e5bwyn/green-shield.png
https://s1.postimg.org/1va7weuo33/ground-drops.png
https://s1.postimg.org/12xceogmy7/white-shield.png
https://s1.postimg.org/48af3d5apr/exl-oj01.png
https://s1.postimg.org/1ro6og1mjz/exl-oj02.png

Light Energy
10-13-2017, 01:48 PM
Today at 3:30 PT on the livestream you are actually going to be introduced to two new team members, Ben and Ben! They are really looking forward to playing with you all.
Oh cool! :) And the same name! Hope that doesn't get too confusing! :eek:

Is that 3:30 PM Pacific Time?

If so that is, 22:30 UTC / GMT.... and 23:30 BST (I believe)...less than 2 hours from now.

Destromathe
10-13-2017, 01:56 PM
Oh cool! :) And the same name! Hope that doesn't get too confusing! :eek:

Is that 3:30 PM Pacific Time?

If so that is, 22:30 UTC / GMT.... and 23:30 BST (I believe)...less than 2 hours from now.

Yep, 3:30PM PT

Light Energy
10-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Yep, 3:30PM PT
Thanks Destro :) I'm trying to spread the word... :)

Aha...I figured out the timing now!
https://webcdn.triongames.com/community/images/schedule.png

OneBadClown
10-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Wanted to congratulate the team, the arkfalls are lasting longer, there's legendary drops on the ground, and everyone's the happiest I've seen them for a long time.

Which one you at? last one barely 2 min mjr sv

Johnny Stranger
10-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Event was super awesome . Now it’s back to invisible enemies , loot not dropping or showing up on ground ... I was right there with altars that wow , best event ever , my group could not believe how excited I was ... than the lag etc happened , everything good went bad , no enemies , no loot on ground ... sucks to be on PS3

Aura
10-13-2017, 02:54 PM
If you are referring to Extra Life, it IS dropping ground loot and you can get a reward at the scoreboard too. I'm seeing quite a few green and blue ground drops :).
No, i was clearly referring to the "upcoming events". And destro still hasn't replied.

Light Energy
10-13-2017, 03:06 PM
No, i was clearly referring to the "upcoming events". And destro still hasn't replied.
OK, I think I saw your original message (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?276331-Please-tell-me-Hulker-Hell-is-coming-this-month&p=2047720&viewfull=1#post2047720) before EXL began... so I wasn't sure...hence the "if" :).
Yeah...maybe it is a sign of things to come :)...

NobleLionz
10-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Event was super awesome . Now it’s back to invisible enemies , loot not dropping or showing up on ground ... I was right there with altars that wow , best event ever , my group could not believe how excited I was ... than the lag etc happened , everything good went bad , no enemies , no loot on ground ... sucks to be on PS3

You hit the nail on its head. I will just add this tho.the LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG is super sayian blue with ultra instinct and my friends list is glitched out so I can’t to to them.

Johnny Gatt
10-13-2017, 04:31 PM
The event was great until everyone got on. Now the minors are gone before you can reach them. I have only seen one major on ps3 today. I am glad i was able to do a bunch early though. I got some great exl shields.

The excitement wore off pretty quick once everyone got home from work and jumped online. Higher threat levels and/or increased spawn rates would have made it perfect. It is still the best exl event imo. Thanks to devs for doing what they could.

Jerrmy12
10-13-2017, 05:04 PM
This is pretty painful to get on a low ego character.
https://i.imgur.com/LXzhg4r.jpg

Cygnus
10-13-2017, 05:56 PM
Thanks Altras! Today at 3:30 PT on the livestream you are actually going to be introduced to two new team members, Ben and Ben! They are really looking forward to playing with you all.

What happened to Jerry and Jerry?

Calm like a Bomb
10-13-2017, 06:47 PM
What happened to Jerry and Jerry?
Tom got to him.

https://s1.postimg.org/1n3ya5vwkv/original.jpg

Chump Norris
10-13-2017, 07:04 PM
Spawn rate is still ****ed and I appear to be social glitched.

Johnny Stranger
10-13-2017, 07:14 PM
Just got two majors , 2nd one was over by the time I drove from last crystal , smh

Johnny Gatt
10-13-2017, 08:35 PM
Just got two majors , 2nd one was over by the time I drove from last crystal , smh

I saw same thing. Invisible bugs mean poop dets and noob cannons out in force tonight.

Celldweller
10-13-2017, 10:18 PM
I agree this event is awesome. Seeing those oj drops on the ground is so exciting. Great job trion!

Brekka
10-14-2017, 02:22 AM
I'm enjoying the event too. I love hunting down Arkfalls, seeing all the cars racing over the hills with me, and the satisfaction of seeing that the orange loot glowing on the ground. I've had 13 OJ drops so far, which is great, but sadly only one or two has been any good. I'll be using my GA Miracle for sure.

Pros of the event: Drop rates, ground drops, tougher than before so they last longer, they tend to spawn in bursts.

Cons of the event: Invisible allies/enemies/loot, not tough enough, still lots of downtime, most of the synergies are pretty bad.

Questions:
Do melee weapons drop? I haven't seen one but it would improve The Way of Change if they did.
When do the golden hellbugs spawn? I looks to be wave 3 and 5 but I'm not positive.

Chump Norris
10-14-2017, 03:41 AM
I was a little frustrated before being social glitched and stuck in a server where nothing wanted to spawn, but I will say the changes Trion made to the event have made this the best Defiance EXL I can remember.

red1
10-14-2017, 11:21 AM
Are you guys saying that the drops are back??? Let me know as I might start playing Def again.
I are the mod part of the drops and what senergy are these weapons?
Thank you x

red1
10-14-2017, 11:27 AM
I'll log in tonight and check for myself and for the recordThe person that pressed the idea of drops during this event in Trion team deserves a promotion ��

Rouge Assasin
10-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Everyone is having fun? Yikes, I must be on the wrong server. The lag is worse then it has ever been. Can't even see enemies. Players spamming vehicles at majors. Getting killed by invisible monsters is always fun......
Just started playing again and already tired of rebooting every 5 minutes.
I do like a lot of the improvements made to the game in the past 6 months.

Johnny Dbag
10-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Nailed it? More like put the nail in the coffin. This event is terrible. Completely terrible. The defiance exl event is always terrible, and this year is no exception. So sad to have a charitable event be completely not fun to play. Cannot see enemies. Cannot get to events before they are over. Lag. Rubberbanding. No score. Completely pointless. I am personally boycotting exl majors and minors.

So, nailed it? Far far from it.

kromc5
10-14-2017, 04:20 PM
I'm enjoying the exl, I do wonder if having more spawns at the same time across the whole map would help. Is it possible to have 3 or 4 spawns simultaneously across the entire map giving players more choices? Is it possible to have 3 majors for each area? When I can see the players I actually enjoying the racing aspect of getting there. The second day of this event and it has gotten increasing difficult due to the lag and invisible enemies. Since everyone on the map is rushing to one spot it seems really cause major issues. I've always wondered if a game server is one large server or clustered systems. I do not know if having more options would help alleviate the issues? I'm consistently going from top 3 to dead last due to seeing nothing to shoot at through out the day and I have gotten the no score bug on a major exl.

Valani
10-14-2017, 04:39 PM
I'm enjoying the exl, I do wonder if having more spawns at the same time across the whole map would help. Is it possible to have 3 or 4 spawns simultaneously across the entire map giving players more choices? Is it possible to have 3 majors for each area? When I can see the players I actually enjoying the racing aspect of getting there. The second day of this event and it has gotten increasing difficult due to the lag and invisible enemies. Since everyone on the map is rushing to one spot it seems really cause major issues. I've always wondered if a game server is one large server or clustered systems. I do not know if having more options would help alleviate the issues? I'm consistently going from top 3 to dead last due to seeing nothing to shoot at through out the day and I have gotten the no score bug on a major exl.

The Event's only for 3 days, and to be fair, nothing else should run except EXL majors and minors to ensure everyone gets to enjoy the event and not have to jump servers to find anything.

kromc5
10-14-2017, 04:47 PM
That is what my whole post is about is having more than one exl event for the whole map, either minor or major.

The Event's only for 3 days, and to be fair, nothing else should run except EXL majors and minors to ensure everyone gets to enjoy the event and not have to jump servers to find anything.

Jerrmy12
10-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Everyone is having fun? Yikes, I must be on the wrong server. The lag is worse then it has ever been. Can't even see enemies. Players spamming vehicles at majors. Getting killed by invisible monsters is always fun......
Just started playing again and already tired of rebooting every 5 minutes.
I do like a lot of the improvements made to the game in the past 6 months.

I don't think those issues really happen on pc, it's a console issue

PacificGypsy
10-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Can't pick up ammo off the ground, ammo box won't open and/or give ammo, everybody flying off vehicles...that's IF they get them to spawn, Major Arkfall events stalling and every one just kind of wanders about wondering if they should even stick around, getting stuck in rocks in excursions. I am so gosh darned happy the Devs were able to have a great game while they streamed.

Punkcore
10-15-2017, 12:26 AM
I'm sick and can't play. But loged for 2 hours and saw ark hunters actualy hunting arks. I liked it.

Jerrmy12
10-15-2017, 03:14 AM
Can't pick up ammo off the ground, ammo box won't open and/or give ammo, everybody flying off vehicles...that's IF they get them to spawn, Major Arkfall events stalling and every one just kind of wanders about wondering if they should even stick around, getting stuck in rocks in excursions. I am so gosh darned happy the Devs were able to have a great game while they streamed.

it works on my machine.

Shmee
10-15-2017, 06:28 AM
It's FUN again - a veritable rainbow of drops at arkfalls.

Wish we could keep this happening as the past few months have, to be frank, been quite a bit boring.

Oh how I yearn for the drops to come back. But, if they did, then I guess the whingers will jump back on the wagon about AFK'ers causing lag and whatever other rubbish they spouted.

BarrySciFi
10-15-2017, 10:12 AM
Nailed it? More like put the nail in the coffin. This event is terrible. Completely terrible. The defiance exl event is always terrible, and this year is no exception. So sad to have a charitable event be completely not fun to play. Cannot see enemies. Cannot get to events before they are over. Lag. Rubberbanding. No score. Completely pointless. I am personally boycotting exl majors and minors.

So, nailed it? Far far from it.

Yep. And if an event major or even a minor spawns on your shard, shard-hoppers multiply and increase the chance that you will get disconnected. I suppose the shields are nice, for those that havenít been able to get Security Blankets, Life Insurance Policies, Turmoils.

Bloodbath82
10-15-2017, 11:47 PM
Super laaaaaaaaaaag was all I saw at these by Friday night. I know the devs tried on this one but stability is a major hindrance to gameplay.

kromc5
10-16-2017, 07:06 AM
Yesterday was a lot better than previous for myself and much more enjoyable. Only twice did the shear amount of players coming cause everything to disappear. I hope possibly the devs can maybe change how and when events appear or optimize, balance the load. This event was a lot of fun to play and race to. So many strong players helped me think of new ways to play using different skill sets. I do think that increasing enemy health or count would everyone to get a chance at the events. The amazing speed at which the hellbugs were extinguished had to be frustrating for lower ego players.

Bentu
10-16-2017, 06:44 PM

I played for a couple of hours on xbx NA Saturday and to be honest was pleasantly surprised.
The open world oj drops were welcome and even the ojs via the rewards screen were better than I'd ever seen them since the early Monolith days.

Stability was good but who knows what it would of been like if there was more people on.
As for the arkfalls lasting longer I'm afraid in my experience of the few hours I played it was the same and the major boss was over very quickly.

A big shout out for whatever they did with inventory stability as I didn't crit once while in my inventory but inventory management still needs attention please devs.