PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 Regional Compatibility Guide

LetsWiggle
03-01-2013, 03:06 AM
I was so excited when i saw mailing list about BETA on xbox. :D

But, when i check on the availability to pre-order it in my local store.... It is not available in ASIA. :confused:
Ok, that's fine.... I may import it in.

When i check on the region compatibility.... No confirmation yet, whether it is region free or not.
Here it comes to my mind and question. Why asia/Japan is abandoned from this game!!!!!

By the way, i am from Malaysia. Make it region free at least, if TRION is not targeting ASIA's market. :( :mad::mad:

b4l00n
03-01-2013, 03:34 AM
Well if Defiance is not coming to Japan then I can find only one reason... Japan's game market is just overflowing with titles especially mmos so there you go. Pso 2 has been in Japan for nearly a year now and there is still no word on release date for EU nor America.
It might be also that Japan's game market influences Asia with their game but am not sure about that.
Sorry to hear you have this problem...

killerbee04x
03-01-2013, 04:27 AM
with new internet laws every year.. i don't think it will be going to asia...

killerbee04x
03-01-2013, 04:30 AM
in Europe they use fake IP address saying they are in america all the time. That may be illegal now.. I'm not sure.. but if not then I'm sure asia has it's tricks too...

Desidus
03-01-2013, 04:34 AM
in Europe they use fake IP address saying they are in america all the time. That may be illegal now.. I'm not sure.. but if not then I'm sure asia has it's tricks too...

you really think something being illegal is going to stop them anyways?

LetsWiggle
03-01-2013, 08:06 AM
As long as defiance released in region free in xbox. Mosr of the asian for sure able to plah the game. internet and console region are not an issue. It is all about how the disc being formatted. Especially for xbox. which the console itself do have regions n fprmatted locally.

Tatakai no Kami
03-01-2013, 08:58 AM
I was so excited when i saw mailing list about BETA on xbox. :D

But, when i check on the availability to pre-order it in my local store.... It is not available in ASIA. :confused:
Ok, that's fine.... I may import it in.

When i check on the region compatibility.... No confirmation yet, whether it is region free or not.
Here it comes to my mind and question. Why asia/Japan is abandoned from this game!!!!!

By the way, i am from Malaysia. Make it region free at least, if TRION is not targeting ASIA's market. :( :mad::mad:

At this point in time I am going to say it has less to do with Trion and Everything to do with Namco-Bandai botching the distribution they were contracted to do.

Only two websites in NZ have the game listed and that's because they were harassed by people wanting the game. 4 more still don't have it. I have only seen it on two Australian based Websites, and None of them have the Collector's Edition listed. It really is a Colossal mess in terms of pushing the game for sales outside of North America.

Play-asia.com has it listed, but only the US and European versions, No NTSC-J version. And again they don't have a Collector's Edition listed.

It really does seem to me like outside of the US, no one gives a damn if we get the collector's edition. And that lack of care is really whittling down my desire to pimp this game to my friends or even want to buy it myself.