PDA

View Full Version : Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2

OcelotKharn
03-01-2013, 04:10 AM
So I play Dark Souls and because of my brutal invasions I have made it into the book of guilty at rank 500-800 out of thousands, not only this my Rep suffered because of kids who dont like being beaten. That said though the game Is great, can be soul destroying at times but the challenge is what I like. So the day they said Dark Souls 2 is in development I was excited, until they said there would be some hand holding in game... I liked the game not giving you to much info into what your meant to be doing I mean thats part of the challenge but Im gonna be annoyed if the dumb the game down too much because the challenge will be gone.

I spend most of my time on Dark Souls in PVP Invasions and inbetween those invasions Ive opened myself up to being invaded and purposely fool around with the Invaders. Pretending your a Vase in Anor Londo was always a giggle or even better in the forest kill the guy outside Alvina's ruin and dressing as him and waiting for invaders to appear to which the longest I lasted without them figuring it out was 25 mins.

These are some of the things that made me enjoy Dark souls and I hope the same for Dark Souls 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k-dcwB3qTMA#!

War Master Degan
03-01-2013, 07:54 AM
I loved the first with a burning passion and still sun-bro when needed. I do think it's good they are "hand-holding" at the start of the game but promised it would be just as brutal and we love after the "tutorial zone" At first I was turned off by the game but I love rpg's and I'm glad I got through it.

OcelotKharn
03-01-2013, 06:10 PM
I still play it now from time to time, been put off playing because of the people I invade being big babies. I mean if you didnt want to be invade maybe dont play online mode or maybe just stay Hollow, of course they dont see it that way lol

Daymarr
03-01-2013, 07:59 PM
That moment where you first step into the Forest while human, never again will i do that at such a low level >.<

OcelotKharn
03-02-2013, 04:18 AM
That moment where you first step into the Forest while human, never again will i do that at such a low level >.<

Lol I love the run off terror when I jump into someones game whos trying to summon a friend but the soapstones not worked right and then you charge at them and the jump off the cliff.... to which Im like dude that was pointless, Free Souls for all

Heres a really bad quality video I made on my Phone of my antics although its been edited slightly and i missed then end :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z6E1bYTPoQ

After that guy killed the Blue Spirit he figured me out, so I dark beaded his face, he died horribly in one hit lol

Paladin
03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
I've been a From Software fan since Demon Souls, and I can say dark Souls is the best game I've ever played. It's the only game where I've spent over 25 hours a week on. But I never really found it to be difficult just unforgiving. So if they remove some difficulty I think the main obstacle would still hold its place...Death. Also Hidetaka Miyazaki stated there would be an Easy mode to separate the player base due to the belief that the difficulty scared away too many players. It's sad though since Miyazaki won't be in charge for the sequel, he'll just be supervising promising newcomers Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura. So expect a lot of new features and flavor to the sequel.

defiant
05-06-2013, 03:37 PM
yea best game ive played in a long time, and i try to avoid invaders now because for awhile they were all hackers and I didn't know what to do, i was having trouble differentiating them from really good players because in high action pvp areas you are most likely going to be wheres waldoing the hacker in your battle binges.
First time i fought a hacker I didn't know for ten minutes, laughed at him, made a complaint and moved on, maybe they aren't around as much anymore but ill need to refine a major pvp build if I ever hope to feel comfortable again.