PDA

View Full Version : Can i play with a ps3 control?

Valefortia
04-08-2013, 10:22 PM
I noticed in the options menu you can change the menu to "controller layout" which then labels everything as A/B/X/Y and so on. I like playing this game with a keyboard/mouse which is why I bought it on PC but it would be nice to have the option to sit back and play with a controller.

If it can be done anyone know how I can go about making it happen? Thanks in advance for any replies.

CrusaderXX
04-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Yes, you can. It just requires this program. I use it all the time for my games like Tomb Raider and Bioshock.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/ It is pretty easy to install just follow the intructions.

Brynnza
04-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Unfortunately ****box/Windows are owned by the same entity. So they are of course going to be compatible, Sony on the other hand is the competitor, so of course in that case they will do the opposite and make it near impossible.

People have made custom programs to get the PS3 controller to work (eg, www.Motioninjoy.com), but nothing official will come because of the aforementioned reason. Hence - the Xbox controller becomes the easiest and most widely used PC controller and so games build themselves around that and ONLY that.

Its a poor state the gaming industry is in, but it is - I fear, only going to get worse.
You may have to invest in a Logitech controller, they have the "ABYX" button layout in a Dualshock configuration, quite a nice alternative.

Frankly we shouldn't have to look for alternatives, More studios should follow in Assasins Creed's footsteps, even number 1 on PC picks up the button layout and name of buttons from the driver and displays them on the image of said button, so that no matter what controller you have, they will be accurate key hints to your controller.

TLDR; Try a Logitech controller, cheap and reliable. Or download Motioninjoy and try your luck.

Valefortia
04-08-2013, 11:01 PM
I have motionjoy but I'm not sure if there's a profile for defiance yet because my controller doesn't seem to be working with it.

morevit
04-09-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm using Motioninjoy. The xbox360 emulator works fine with Defiance (assuming you can actually aim with a PS3 controller). It's great for the vehicle challenges but kind of lousy for combat.

Carsfanatic
04-09-2013, 01:32 AM
I use motionjoy with my ps3 controller but, only for the time trials. You have to make it emulate the 360 controller using motionjoy or it won't work.

It seems to have some odd bug even when using an xbox controller when you open the map it moves around on you and it's hard to move it where you want it.

So I turn it on for the timed trials and then right off again. As far as game play itself you really can't beat the keyboard and mouse.

Brynnza
04-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Nice to hear Motioninjoy is working alright for so many of you, they must have worked a few of the kinks out since I last tried it, might give it a go as im having difficulty with the time trials around the 3-4th area.