PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to get rid of the useless auto-equip?

Spirare
10-17-2017, 10:30 PM
I pick up all the loot drops I get and sell it regularly for Scrip.

Except apparently, the game believes that if I equip a piece of gear that has a higher EGO rating than my currently equipped gear, that gear is automatically entirely better than said currently equipped gear.

It's not super pleasant to be fighting a large mob of enemies in a restrained space and instead of killing 3 at once with a rapid-fire homing missile launcher with a huge ammo store, and the game decides to toss me a weapon that shoots once every 4 seconds and have exactly 8 shots in its full reserve.

Or when I'm busy gunning down a Hellbug Monarch with an LMG, grab a piece of gear off to the side, start shooting again... and I end up using a pistol with laughable DPS and no apparent other benefit.

I'm using said homing missile launcher and LMG for a reason, so I'd love it if the game actually let me use them without having to reconfigure my loadout every minute or so. Any way to fix that? Unfortunately I see nothing in the settings.

CalamityDusk
10-17-2017, 11:11 PM
I pick up all the loot drops I get and sell it regularly for Scrip.

Except apparently, the game believes that if I equip a piece of gear that has a higher EGO rating than my currently equipped gear, that gear is automatically entirely better than said currently equipped gear.

It's not super pleasant to be fighting a large mob of enemies in a restrained space and instead of killing 3 at once with a rapid-fire homing missile launcher with a huge ammo store, and the game decides to toss me a weapon that shoots once every 4 seconds and have exactly 8 shots in its full reserve.

Or when I'm busy gunning down a Hellbug Monarch with an LMG, grab a piece of gear off to the side, start shooting again... and I end up using a pistol with laughable DPS and no apparent other benefit.

I'm using said homing missile launcher and LMG for a reason, so I'd love it if the game actually let me use them without having to reconfigure my loadout every minute or so. Any way to fix that? Unfortunately I see nothing in the settings.

Don't hold down. Just tap when picking up loot

Spirare
10-17-2017, 11:33 PM
Don't hold down. Just tap when picking up loot

...oh.

I really should have figured that out earlier.

Thanks.

KNEES WEAK
10-18-2017, 04:02 AM
...oh.

I really should have figured that out earlier.

I think this sums up 60% of the "bug report" threads on the forums.

Celldweller
10-18-2017, 08:41 AM
derp de derp...i like pizza