PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions - Salvage Matrix & Weapon Ammo

Xanirus
04-09-2013, 12:06 AM
If there's a dedicated suggestion section in the forums, my bad, I didn't see any.

Other than the fixes that we'll all hoping for in the upcoming patches, there's a few things I'd like to see. Anyone have any thoughts?

Salvage Matrix - I heard they're thinking of redoing this menu entirely. I agree, as I already lost the one weapon I played 36 hours trying to replace due to it. But whether they do or not, I think it would be useful to have right-click menus on items. For example, you hit "I" for inventory. If you right click on items, you get a pop up menu that gives you the choice of either deleting the item, breaking it down, add mods/slots, or selling it at a vendor. (If you're standing close enough to one.) I think this would be a lot faster; just going down your list of items with one click decisions.

Vendors - Do vendors ever get more than two special slots? I'm currently in the Mandera area and haven't seen any. There doesn't seem to be much choice when shopping because of this, you just have to get very very lucky. I like the idea of randomness, but only giving a choice of two special rotating items and 8 or so extremely generic items that never change. (One of each weapon type) is a little stale. I'd rather have only one special slot, and 6 or so "somewhat generic" items instead, but they all rotate overtime, like Borderlands. If this means all the vendor will sell at one time is shotguns, then so be it, but at least I can expect it to change later on.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of "getting lucky" when finding weapon drops, or "getting lucky" when buying lockboxes, and these should be better quality items, but I still feel like the choices vendors give (choices we can see before buying) are really stale and gives me nothing to spend my scrip on.

Ammo Calibers - I'm not going to call myself an elitist of gun knowledge, but I don't exactly recall too many games where assault rifles, SMGS, and LRMS are all using the same pool of ammo. I find myself forced to be using a shotgun as a secondary paired with my assault rifle. Not to say shotguns aren't awesome, but once in a while I'd like to change it up, depending on the situation. But this means I'll be running out of ammo more quickly if I do, because my SMG to use up against guy upclose was also using up my rifle ammo. This leaves only pistols and explosive weapons to be paired with any of those three, which IMO, is a bit limiting. Would it be too unbalancing to have all of them using their own pool?

Arsenic_Touch
04-09-2013, 12:11 AM
There's a suggestion subforum - http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?38-Suggestions!

Try there.

Xanirus
04-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Oh, I'll go there. My right-click idea was obviously PC only, so I thought I'd put it here.

Japkap
04-09-2013, 01:16 AM
If there's a dedicated suggestion section in the forums, my bad, I didn't see any.

Other than the fixes that we'll all hoping for in the upcoming patches, there's a few things I'd like to see. Anyone have any thoughts?

Salvage Matrix - I heard they're thinking of redoing this menu entirely. I agree, as I already lost the one weapon I played 36 hours trying to replace due to it. But whether they do or not, I think it would be useful to have right-click menus on items. For example, you hit "I" for inventory. If you right click on items, you get a pop up menu that gives you the choice of either deleting the item, breaking it down, add mods/slots, or selling it at a vendor. (If you're standing close enough to one.) I think this would be a lot faster; just going down your list of items with one click decisions.

Vendors - Do vendors ever get more than two special slots? I'm currently in the Mandera area and haven't seen any. There doesn't seem to be much choice when shopping because of this, you just have to get very very lucky. I like the idea of randomness, but only giving a choice of two special rotating items and 8 or so extremely generic items that never change. (One of each weapon type) is a little stale. I'd rather have only one special slot, and 6 or so "somewhat generic" items instead, but they all rotate overtime, like Borderlands. If this means all the vendor will sell at one time is shotguns, then so be it, but at least I can expect it to change later on.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of "getting lucky" when finding weapon drops, or "getting lucky" when buying lockboxes, and these should be better quality items, but I still feel like the choices vendors give (choices we can see before buying) are really stale and gives me nothing to spend my scrip on.

Ammo Calibers - I'm not going to call myself an elitist of gun knowledge, but I don't exactly recall too many games where assault rifles, SMGS, and LRMS are all using the same pool of ammo. I find myself forced to be using a shotgun as a secondary paired with my assault rifle. Not to say shotguns aren't awesome, but once in a while I'd like to change it up, depending on the situation. But this means I'll be running out of ammo more quickly if I do, because my SMG to use up against guy upclose was also using up my rifle ammo. This leaves only pistols and explosive weapons to be paired with any of those three, which IMO, is a bit limiting. Would it be too unbalancing to have all of them using their own pool?

Lost a weapon at 1 point in salvage matrix, i then press'd P ingame and noticed in the claim box that it was there no idea why it was in that one all of a sudden.

Xanirus
04-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Dude....maybe I should check my claim box...I already submitted a ticket for that but thanks for that info....

kirix
04-09-2013, 01:33 AM
there is a very good reason SMG AR LMG share same ammo pool.

its so you dont carry 2 automatic waepons and just spray and pray then sustain fire at the big targets with over 1000 ammo.

it also causes natural weapon swapping and use of non automatic weapons.

however it would be nice to get a bigger ammo pool when you hit a big ego number

Xanirus
04-09-2013, 01:43 AM
I would suffice with just a bigger ammo pool. Really, it never increases?

Kitsunami
04-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Odd..i wasn't aware smg and such shared ammo?

Because I run with a SMG and a burst fire lmg, and my ammunition pools seemed to be different.