PDA

View Full Version : Infectors: Most Underrated Weapon?

Vin
04-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I see a lot of talk about LMG, Shotguns and Pistols but where is the love for the infector? I've only had experience with a limited number of infectors but what is everyone's favorite type?

Burst
Long Range
Full Auto
Dot
Bug on Death

Ziajin
04-09-2013, 01:23 AM
DoT :3 helps a lot during major arkfalls on the mobs. :D

Dinova
04-09-2013, 01:25 AM
I got a full auto chance to spawn a thingie each bullet. Seems to give the highest chance of getting those thingies and get additional damage. On boss-like mobs i mostly use the one that spawns on thingies but have increased dot-damage.

WhiteF8ng
04-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Love 'em. I want to find a good full auto one. Must head crab all the things. I wonder if they'll infect the pows...

KashraFall
04-09-2013, 01:39 AM
Just to clarify...Pow=Pig, cow?

WhiteF8ng
04-09-2013, 01:42 AM
Just to clarify...Pow=Pig, cow?

Sounds about right... ;)

Darkane
04-09-2013, 01:47 AM
DoT :3 helps a lot during major arkfalls on the mobs. :D

Just started playing with this gun yesterday and I love it.

Question though - do the little bigs go for the skitterlings (the ones who gnaw at the crystal)?

KashraFall
04-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Just started playing with this gun yesterday and I love it.

Question though - do the little bigs go for the skitterlings (the ones who gnaw at the crystal)?

They attack anything and everything.

Karzak
04-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Dont seem to find any use for infectors, I can kill mobs faster and better with most other gun types

KashraFall
04-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Dont seem to find any use for infectors, I can kill mobs faster and better with most other gun types

Infectors cause a DOT to monarchs that far exceeds normal weaponry. IF everyone in AF's used infectors then the monarch would die soo much faster.

velvet
04-09-2013, 01:56 AM
Infectors cause a DOT to monarchs that far exceeds normal weaponry. IF everyone in AF's used infectors then the monarch would die soo much faster.

That's all I use an infector for.

WhiteF8ng
04-09-2013, 01:57 AM
Aaaaaand they work wonders on enemies that require flanking.

Evilution
04-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Love my orange vot infector :)

Wtflag
04-09-2013, 02:04 AM
They are good for some areas like against monarchs at the ark boss.

But they are terrible when you are destroying the red crystals.

They are number 3 on my list of top arkfall annoyance after drivers and rocket launcher users in red crystal stages.

Karzak
04-09-2013, 02:08 AM

I use cluster grenade launcher or swarm canon, monarchs go down FAST

Scarabrae
04-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Absolutely awesome weaponery and the nearest we get to a "pet class!"

I have a character built up around infectors, insemminators and cankers and absolutely own with it, pve and pvp. There are some incredible long range fast firing bug spreaders if you can find them and some come with great synergys and other effects. (enemy slow down for example)

Draped in black with my survivalist gas mask it's futuristic necromancer/warlock time!

:)

mimneotic
04-09-2013, 02:14 AM
Infectors, underrated? Far from it, really.

Dracontius
04-09-2013, 02:17 AM
Best PvP combo I've seen and used so far. Dark Matter Pump Shotgun and Dark Matter semi-auto Infector. See a sniper, swap to infector and make that noob run for the hills while the critters kill him anyways. Mine is a 5 round burst and after a shot time, one spawns regardless of the player death and when the player does die, another spawns. You can't argue with that.

Grimno
04-09-2013, 02:20 AM
They are a bit OP in PVP....

KashraFall
04-09-2013, 02:22 AM
My gripe with the infector is this. It shouldn't be a lockon effect. The BMG is lockon and does literally no damage except over a extended period of time. The infector should be point and click but you should at least have to aim. Perhaps make it so where lets say.

If you were to fire the gun five times in a non critical point you would spawn bugs, but if you were to hit them three times in a critical spot, it would spawn bugs. This would encourage less running around while pointing backwards and actually force a bit of skill with the weapon, rather than spray and pray.

mimneotic
04-09-2013, 02:25 AM
This would encourage less running around while pointing backwards and actually force a bit of skill with the weapon, rather than spray and pray.

So what about shotguns, grenade launchers, blast rifles, grenade launching shotguns, flare pistol, automatic pistols, lock-on rocket launchers, cluster bombs, GRENADES WITH ZERO DETONATION TIME and etc?

What about all of these skilled guns? Takes less effort to do well with any of these as opposed to the infectors. Especially against a half decent player that knows how to press ALT twice.

Derity
04-09-2013, 02:28 AM
The DOT one has really high DPS.

Apart from that, the rest of them are pretty bad from my experience, I even have a legendary one...

KashraFall
04-09-2013, 02:28 AM
Pistols are aimed, lockon launchers take a moment to find their target and don't have a 20 to 30 round clip, cluster bombs are a long recharge and grenade launchers have to be aimed. The infector homes in on the target even if they roll. You are comparing weapons that still require aiming but have no homing effect that can be fully compared to the infector.

Darkane
04-09-2013, 03:10 AM
They attack anything and everything.

Hmmm so best not use 'em on those Arkfalls. Thanks for the heads up.

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 03:15 AM
Currently im using an infecror that shoots 5 shots simotanously forgot what it's called but it does 600 damage on contact spawns a bug and puts 1 stack of dot on the opponent. Though it has a fairly short range. That's a potential 1150 damage per shot.

MrDDT
04-09-2013, 03:53 AM
Infectors have a use. However, if you looking for DPS they are one of the worst guns out there. If you can aim well, just about any gun is better with the right mods than infectors for DPS.

Biggest thing about infectors is they are for hard to aim targets or playstyles. In PVP much like the shotties and dets you can jump around and shoot and still hit your target while being very hard to hit.

Straight DPS over a long time, LMG cant be beat at any range. Shotties can do very well at close range and burst damage (with long reloads)
Vs hard targets like Warrior bugs, cluster nades/dets etc work very well.

Dracontius
04-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Pistols are aimed, lockon launchers take a moment to find their target and don't have a 20 to 30 round clip, cluster bombs are a long recharge and grenade launchers have to be aimed. The infector homes in on the target even if they roll. You are comparing weapons that still require aiming but have no homing effect that can be fully compared to the infector.

True they home on you when you roll but if you keep rolling, it wont spawn a bug. Just like rolling normally shortens the time on fire damage on you and the goo that slows. "STOP! DROP! AND ROLL!" These are words to live by honestly.

KashraFall
04-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Game needs a stamina meter or a evasion meter. Can only roll this many times in a certain timeframe.

Xtheoneandonly
04-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Personally I love the infectors. Last night, using a Canker (full auto, high dot, bugs spawn on death) I got 1st place in a major arkfall with almost 2 million damage. Sporeshot is the coolest looking one though.