PDA

View Full Version : Flare pistol

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 01:56 AM
What do you guys think of the flare pistol in PVP, hits 1000+ damage if your in its splash range regardless and lights enemies on fire 100% of the time. It's like a superior version of the grenade launcher ATM (in my opinion of course), plus 3000 damage headshot crits ftw.

Btw natural extended mags on this weapon make it ridiculous 5 rounds a clip = strait overkill. Huge dps and huge burst its just land 2 shots if there alive run and enjoy your kill.

Aeekto
04-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Get the perk "Blastshield" and he is forced to hit you if he wants to damage you and if you stay on longer range the shots are very easy to dodge.

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Idk man the blast radius is already extremely small, and hitting an enemy in the face really isn't that hard, and of course I don't use it long range what am I stupid.

Aeekto
04-09-2013, 02:47 AM
Idk man the blast radius is already extremely small, and hitting an enemy in the face really isn't that hard, and of course I don't use it long range what am I stupid.

Where did i call you stupid?
I just said it isnīt overpowered.... itīs a high risk/reward weapon because of its long pause between the shots and the traveltime of the grenade (many weapons have lower base damage but same or higher DPS) and it is easy to counter with "Blastshield" (what makes a wolfhound for example more effective compared to a flaregun with same aiming skills).... every missed shot can be your death.

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 03:05 AM
Lol you didn't call me stupid im just saying im not foolish. However ATM I think it's a very strong weapon and I never called it overpowered : )

Mr Mikah
04-09-2013, 03:07 AM
Though I have killed many enemies in 1 shot with it.

mimneotic
04-09-2013, 03:33 AM
The only people that die in 1 shot from this gun are those who get headshotted, or those who cannot roll. I will admit and say, it is pretty gosh darn fun headshotting folk with this gun. Their ragdoll just gets slammed down into the ground, huhu.

necrofobic
04-09-2013, 05:29 AM
this is my "lets have some fun" gun

ChaosOneX
04-09-2013, 05:31 AM
Nooo... Not a thread about nerfing my flare pistol. ^^ I know, not actually about nerfing it, but that was my first thought when I saw the title.

I consider it my sig, and even if they took out the blast radius, I'd still use it. I love flare guns in shooters, and had more kills with the flare pistol in Farcry 3 than any other gun.

I use it for the DoT and a shield buster, then switch to my smg. That used to work till people spammed shotguns in waterfront... *sigh*