PDA

View Full Version : Dev's please answer

OneBadClown
10-25-2017, 07:03 PM
Twice now lost out on DMTH because another event
overrode my game the latest being HH. First time was
Dk matter. DMTH spawn rate is low as it is now this.
Not to mention HH disappearing enemies. Why? Someone
from Trion owes me an explanation.

Johnny Dbag
10-26-2017, 09:38 AM
It has been this way forever. It happens with warmaster, and DMTH. It can be a bummer, but in the grand scheme of things in Defiance, it could be way worse.

OneBadClown
10-26-2017, 11:19 AM
It has been this way forever. It happens with warmaster, and DMTH. It can be a bummer, but in the grand scheme of things in Defiance, it could be way worse.

I don't see how? With all the goes on with the game, but not going
there. Anyway I've heard from players like a Dev is chime in.

Fallen_Aingeal
10-27-2017, 09:17 AM
The way it was explained during the 1st HH, IIRC;

The original Arkfalls are written in the original old code of the game. This is why they can't be "turned off" during events. The ppl that wrote that code, and apparently, the only ones that understand it and know how to alter it are long gone.

The Arkfalls were designed to take priority over everything, hence the reason they bump off DMTH and other things that are going on. These "newer events" were written in later.

**Edited*

Just remembered. They did try turning off the "standard arkfalls" during the first Winter event. It ended up turning them all off for nearly 36 hours. No major arkfalls on the map for over a day. It was comical!

Fallen_Aingeal
10-27-2017, 09:21 AM
Add my name to the list on more than one occasion.

As far as this goes, we won't even talk about the summer of '14...LOL

nugar
10-29-2017, 05:31 AM
The way it was explained during the 1st HH, IIRC;

The original Arkfalls are written in the original old code of the game. This is why they can't be "turned off" during events. The ppl that wrote that code, and apparently, the only ones that understand it and know how to alter it are long gone.

The Arkfalls were designed to take priority over everything, hence the reason they bump off DMTH and other things that are going on. These "newer events" were written in later.

**Edited*

Just remembered. They did try turning off the "standard arkfalls" during the first Winter event. It ended up turning them all off for nearly 36 hours. No major arkfalls on the map for over a day. It was comical!

If the arkfalls are designed to take priority, how are we supposed to finish the DMTH arkfalls to complete the event. So far I've had 2 days with only 1 or 2 DMTH arkfalls and lost one of them due to the server timing out and dropping players back to the log out screen. Maybe Trion just needs to finish it for us so that we can at least get the rewards for finishing the event. Got 6 DMTH arkfalls to go but there are very few spawning.

**Edit** : Gave up waiting for the DMTH arkfalls so didn't get the event finished, just seemed a waste of time waiting in the end.

Bloodbath82
10-31-2017, 04:18 AM
Guessing either the devs don't know how to respond to this or simply don't care. Either way this seems to be the normal for defiance lately. We report the bugs, glitches, and issues. They just ignore them and continue to collect. Really kinda sad to see a great game die for lack of a proper support staff who KNOW what they are doing.

Aura
11-01-2017, 07:06 AM
Guessing either the devs don't know how to respond to this or simply don't care. Either way this seems to be the normal for defiance lately. We report the bugs, glitches, and issues. They just ignore them and continue to collect. Really kinda sad to see a great game die for lack of a proper support staff who KNOW what they are doing.

Over the past year when there were more players and events with new drops regularly, they used to post more on the forum. Now because ex Inanis has no newness about it i guess they don't often post . - My analysis.