PDA

View Full Version : Major problem with pandemic

6ft lower
10-31-2017, 07:50 AM
When I'm at major arkfalls and shooting the pandemic. Its like 2 rounds are coming out of it. 1 blows up in my face taking out my shields and health and the other goes down range. I am sick of killing myself as a result of this issue! I just had to shut the game off for the day because I just about throw my controller through my tv. There are no invisible objects in my way. Just poor programming! Please fix!:mad:

DEATHBRINGER210
10-31-2017, 08:09 AM
cdc boomers , mass cannons , and purgs all do it

Apex Duster
10-31-2017, 08:45 AM
It happens to me when i aim to high with it & shoot fast, also when i shoot nearby a object projectiles dont have to touch it just pass close to ignite. But many times yes there r invisible thing or enemies that are bout to spwan but you cant see them yet. What i do is roll back or sides fast soon as i see the clusters, n use the perk 'blast shield' hope it helps u.

Verga DeFuego
10-31-2017, 09:00 AM
This issue has been reported multiple times. I have explosive weapons blow up in my face all the time during arkfalls and in expos where it costs hunter marks. Don't recall the devs acknowledge the issue or telling us if they plan on doing anything about it.

OneBadClown
10-31-2017, 09:25 AM
My mass loves splash damage in wide open spaces WTH

kromc5
10-31-2017, 11:24 AM
I can confirm is across my mass and cdc, there is some very weird mechanics around the hellbug events and crystals. My biggest problem is the reloading one ammo at a time that can go on repeatedly.

Bloodbath82
10-31-2017, 11:39 AM
Trion left the spam filter on LMAO.

Mr B
10-31-2017, 11:48 AM
Trion left the spam filter on LMAO.

Thanks for the laugh, very nice one :D

Moring
11-01-2017, 06:44 AM
I can confirm is across my mass and cdc, there is some very weird mechanics around the hellbug events and crystals. My biggest problem is the reloading one ammo at a time that can go on repeatedly.

or not reloading at all untill you do it manually

ReFleX
11-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Use the Blast shield perk, if you are not using that, it should make a huge difference, without that, i'd down myself all the time, other then that the only times i down myself at Majors is when a wall or something phases in right in front of me.

gulac
11-02-2017, 04:59 AM
In many cases the reason for close detonation of explosive rounds when fired are due to the following in my experience.

1. Suicide runners. An enemy or a bug or viscera blast will charge who ever is firing an explosive weapon. It doesn't help that in many case you either can't see them or they pass close to you and the game thinks they are in front of you.

2. Firing through newly opened doors. In Coop or Expo if you stand too close to the door when it opens and fire immediately it is pretty much 100% that you will blow yourself up. The game doesn't seem to know the door is open.

3. In Arkfall/Event majors the shield walls and 99 Traktor bunkers don't always phase in even though their collision box does, so even though you can't see it, it will cause your round to explode. Also when trying to shoot while standing too close to an Ark crystal the collision zone is bigger than the crystal you can see.

4. The auto aim wont let you shoot an enemy while you are standing close to an Ark crystal, generator, edge of a wall, or edge of a door. It tracks your target and just because you are zoomed in and can seem them does not mean the round is going to go in that direction. And as with the invisible walls in Ark Majors the collision boxes are see through but not exactly where you think they are.

A suggestion for all RL, Dets, and other explosive weapons is to get some distance, they are not meant to be close quarter weapons.

Just like with Sniper rifles where if you try to shoot someone close you are actually poking the barrel through their body, explosive weapons are ranged weapons.

HTH

WhiteStrike
11-02-2017, 05:48 AM
I agree with the auto-aim statement. It just hurts more than it helps. Seriously, why is there Aim Assist in a PC game?

6ft lower
11-02-2017, 01:49 PM
Im aware of all of what you just posted buuut. that has nothing to do with the issue. there are literally 2 explosions coming from 1 shot. I pull the trigger once, BOOM instant explosion in my face, then the three separate and explode annnnd at the same time, from the same first and only shot another round goes down range to the point i was aiming at and detonates.

Johnny Gatt
11-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Blast shield perk is the way to go. At majors, I have learned to place myself away from crystals when using explosives. Projectiles do not have to hit, they just have to pass nearby to get bounced back in your face. I don't think the problem is with the Pandemic. It is just how the game mechanics run at particular instances.
Invisible enemies that have not quite almost very nearly spawned yet will also cause projectiles to blow up in your face. Not a problem as far as det/rocket functions, but just another example of the games flunky mechanics sometimes.

At final boss for majors I also place myself away from high traffic approaches, as player vehicles will bounce your projectiles back at you as well.

gulac
11-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Just one question that occurs to me did you happen to jack up the firing rate and does it have the accelerator sight. I was thinking you might be firing faster than the round travels.

Rouge Assasin
11-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Don't mess with the PAN! It will end up worthless if they do. After a little practice you can Dodge roll the rogue shot with no damage. I agree, if a bug jumps n your face while your firing, the same thing happens. You can jump or roll and not take any damage. Timing is everything. Adapt or die! Lol