PDA

View Full Version : Where is Defiance on the 360 going?

6ft lower
10-31-2017, 08:34 AM
A lot of silence on the Devs side regarding this question. Since the ex inanus stuff came out people have been dropping like flies. Should I stop spending money on this game? The market is all but gone, no more events to look forward to and all but a few diehards that have put in serious $$ are all that exist. Its sad to see what I thought was an excellent and original game sputter out like this. :(

kromc5
10-31-2017, 02:09 PM
I would be completely shocked if management put resources into defiance for the 360. The ps3 this year had more releases than the 360 and I doubt they will further that as well. Of course this is just my opinion I could be completely wrong. But take a look at the releases, perform a search and count the games released in 2017 for 360. To play on words I believe the 360 development is pushing up daisies. Maybe not what you would like to hear but both consoles are on the way out across the board from game developers. Ideally be nice to see a full fleshed out version for the newer consoles that allow characters to be moved over.

Afraid to post a link, but search gamespot for: {Every Game Release Date in 2017} search for 360

Fist of Life
10-31-2017, 04:18 PM
i would love to see this game on the newer consoles, but don't think that would ever happen, i think they should make this game like world of tanks, were you can play it on both the 360 and the xbox 1/ ps3 and ps4, and open more of the defiance world up, make the egos go higher, newer missions, and different challenges, make it more interesting, and up to date

WhiteStrike
10-31-2017, 05:52 PM
i would love to see this game on the newer consoles, but don't think that would ever happen, i think they should make this game like world of tanks, were you can play it on both the 360 and the xbox 1/ ps3 and ps4, and open more of the defiance world up, make the egos go higher, newer missions, and different challenges, make it more interesting, and up to date

Destromante stated in a recent interview that there are plans for current gen ports.

r1p
11-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Destromante stated in a recent interview that there are plans for current gen ports.

What he actually said was:

“We need to reach more people, so we are working on possibly expanding into other areas, maybe other consoles.”

Possibly. Maybe. Given the pace that things get addressed (or not) around here I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Here's a link to the puff piece that Massively OP did in September in case anyone is interested:

http://massivelyop.com/2017/09/08/pax-west-2017-trions-pve-mmo-shooter-defiance-deserves-a-second-look

KevinVonBach
11-01-2017, 06:23 AM
Destromathe stated in a recent interview that there are plans for current gen ports.

https://media.giphy.com/media/vWDrezW0rMjmM/giphy.gif

Aura
11-01-2017, 06:42 AM
What you guys above are talking about is completely irrelevant to what the op says. He never mentioned moving to next generation console , he was talking about in-game issues.

And yes i agree that there's an ambiguous silence on devs' side.

Irondiesel58
11-01-2017, 06:45 AM
No where. I actually came here today to find this answer out myself. I left years ago but while playing with friends on other game we'd end up talking about Defiance. This company has been happy to run this game into the ground ever since it released. After their first DLC and 2 & 3 were such a giant disappointment they fired a lot of programmers and went on auto pilot straight to the ground but lots of Defiance fans kept hoping they'd get their head out of their @sses and start to realize how big and great this game could be. But it turns out they took their money "our DLC money and ran" letting who ever plays to wonder why, when, what" with no answers. Weak @ss company $hit the bed. Just think if this come to the Xbox one and later down the road got a graphic boost to HD. It would of been crazy. I left after the game left the shows story line and went to ninjas and cowboys. WTF. The writing was on the walk purposely. I'd guess there are only a hand full of people still there keeping the lights burning. If there were any game developers left who cared about gaming which there are, they'd use Defiance as a model and build a giant platform which people would build up their characters and keep them year to year and not lose all their progress when a new game came out "COD and numerous other games with sequels".

Bentu
11-02-2017, 06:08 AM
What he actually said was:

Possibly. Maybe. Given the pace that things get addressed (or not) around here I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Here's a link to the puff piece that Massively OP did in September in case anyone is interested:

http://massivelyop.com/2017/09/08/pax-west-2017-trions-pve-mmo-shooter-defiance-deserves-a-second-look

That article made me laugh, if Trion hadn't alienated so many players they would still be playing.
A next gen port is their only option now unless they are seriously going to do some kind of dlc.

But before any of that occurs they need to fix the bugs they already have.

arms are heavy
11-02-2017, 06:34 AM
That article made me laugh, if Trion hadn't alienated so many players they would still be playing.
A next gen port is their only option now unless they are seriously going to do some kind of dlc.

Yup. Also they should've gone next gen years ago. Not sure if a next gen port is enough to revive the game at this point. Honestly it's just sad that Defiance never got to reach its full potential.

Cygnus
11-03-2017, 05:41 PM

They said already, if the game goes next gen characters won't transfer. If they ever did go next gen I hope they make a place where we can still view and use these characters even if it was something as basic as a thorn liro arena

richardkrainium
11-04-2017, 04:50 AM
They said already, if the game goes next gen characters won't transfer. If they ever did go next gen I hope they make a place where we can still view and use these characters even if it was something as basic as a thorn liro arena

if this is the case then it is game over. no one that is currently playing or has played in the past will want to start over from scratch just to play the same game on next gen. and sadly this game is too far broken for anyone to want to play and even more broken sequel cause lets be honest here....if they cant fix all the current bugs and get a more reliable internet provider do you really think they can make a better version of this game

Fallen_Aingeal
11-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Please provide the quote, as I don't recall them ever making this claim...Ty

LOOKxATxTHISxI
11-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Destiny carried over everything just fine. Not sure why a copy/paste would be that difficult even if they chose to bit store it to make some money off the time to transfer if they have to manually do it.

They copied characters over to pc testing version from the consoles don't know why some think this would be impossible.

Cygnus
11-04-2017, 06:00 PM
Please provide the quote, as I don't recall them ever making this claim...Ty

Hahah leave it to you to ask the tough questions. Lol. I looked through the dev tracker and destros posts but i could not locate the original quote. I believe destromathe was the one who said it. It was in a port to next gen thread or a live stream from earlier this year when many newer forumites were asking for info on the future of defiance. It may have been a response regarding character copies going to pc if defiance was no longer supported on ps3 and Xbox 360. I was disappointed when I heard it but it's not uncommon for games to make everyone start equal.

Guess we'll need a dev to chime in if I'm wrong. They are busy so.....

WhiteStrike
11-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Destiny carried over everything just fine. Not sure why a copy/paste would be that difficult even if they chose to bit store it to make some money off the time to transfer if they have to manually do it.

They copied characters over to pc testing version from the consoles don't know why some think this would be impossible.
Those are manual copies. They can't manually copy thousands of characters without first implementing an automated system to do so.

Bentu
11-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Those are manual copies. They can't manually copy thousands of characters without first implementing an automated system to do so.

Of course they can do it they just need to pay someone to do it.
It's only labour intensive at the moment because Destromathe has to do it himself for the pts.

If they had a qualified employee who knew what they were doing they'd get it done in no time.