PDA

View Full Version : Buying Direct from Trion?

Deimos
03-01-2013, 02:13 PM
I just pre-ordered the standard digital edition of Defiance from Trion, but I didn't receive any email apart from paypal confirming the transaction and nothing that I can find on my account really points to whether I have access to beta or such, so I was wondering should I receive an email or is my account now automatically open for beta?

Halcyon
03-01-2013, 02:17 PM
I just pre-ordered the standard digital edition of Defiance from Trion, but I didn't receive any email apart from paypal confirming the transaction and nothing that I can find on my account really points to whether I have access to beta or such, so I was wondering should I receive an email or is my account now automatically open for beta?

You may be able to go here (https://defiance.trionworlds.com/account/account-summary.action) and hover over the manage games button. But, I think the Defiance one is there by default. It's there for me and it still says preorder now even though I redeemed both my keys from Amazon.

Deimos
03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
When I go there it just says:

Defiance™
Welcome Ark Hunter. You are one step closer to joining Defiance, the futuristic online open-world shooter with massive co-op and multiplayer battles!

and then asks me to preorder below it.

B4DD4WG
03-01-2013, 02:37 PM
When I go there it just says:

Defiance™
Welcome Ark Hunter. You are one step closer to joining Defiance, the futuristic online open-world shooter with massive co-op and multiplayer battles!

and then asks me to preorder below it.
I am getting the same thing. The email I received from Trion(where I pre-ordered), has no key or anything other than it confirming that I made the purchase. Am I not suppose to get a key?

Kantazo
03-01-2013, 02:39 PM
I am getting the same thing. The email I received from Trion(where I pre-ordered), has no key or anything other than it confirming that I made the purchase. Am I not suppose to get a key?

I am on the same boat, I pre-ordered from TRion and nothing just an e-mail confirming I bought the game

B4DD4WG
03-01-2013, 03:15 PM
I sent in a ticket for some info on my purchase. I looked through the FAQ and found nothing regarding a pre-order. So either we are the only ones with questions, or maybe everyone else bought it through some where else. IDk...But as soon as I hear back from them I will pass on any relevant info. I would love to tell my wife I didn't just buy us a 120$ email...lol

MOnte
03-01-2013, 03:19 PM
If you pre-ordered from TRION, your account should automaticly be setup for the beta. So, I don't believe you actually need a beta key. You just wait for the beta to start.

Desidus
03-01-2013, 03:20 PM
I sent in a ticket for some info on my purchase. I looked through the FAQ and found nothing regarding a pre-order. So either we are the only ones with questions, or maybe everyone else bought it through some where else. IDk...But as soon as I hear back from them I will pass on any relevant info. I would love to tell my wife I didn't just buy us a 120$ email...lol

Something tells me the resale value wouldn't be near as much...

Kantazo
03-01-2013, 03:24 PM
I send a ticket as well and no luck. Just wait and see.

B4DD4WG
03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
If you pre-ordered from TRION, your account should automaticly be setup for the beta. So, I don't believe you actually need a beta key. You just wait for the beta to start.

I wasn't wondering about a beta key. I have been in the last beta, and am currently in the alpha. I was wondering about the Defiance game key. I have pre-ordered other games and they always came with a key. Of course the game and key wasn't valid till the release, or pre-release(few days ahead of release date for the pre-order purchase for some). But I still received a key for the game itself. And, I get the same message on my account page as Deimos. No other info, like "You have pre ordered the game Defiance, and will be able to gain access to it's features on 4/2/13." ...Nothing

Something tells me the resale value wouldn't be near as much...
I know, right...And the price it will cost me with the ol-ball-n-chain, just adds insult to injury..lmao

MOnte
03-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I wasn't wondering about a beta key. I have been in the last beta, and am currently in the alpha. I was wondering about the Defiance game key. I have pre-ordered other games and they always came with a key. Of course the game and key wasn't valid till the release, or pre-release(few days ahead of release date for the pre-order purchase for some). But I still received a key for the game itself. And, I get the same message on my account page as Deimos. No other info, like "You have pre ordered the game Defiance, and will be able to gain access to it's features on 4/2/13." ...Nothing

Ah, I think we are still good. I didn't get one of those either, but when I look under my defience account it only shows one pre-order item instead of 2. It doesn't give me the option to buy both pre-orders anymore. So it knows I got it.

B4DD4WG
03-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Ah, I think we are still good. I didn't get one of those either, but when I look under my defience account it only shows one pre-order item instead of 2. It doesn't give me the option to buy both pre-orders anymore. So it knows I got it.

AH HA...You are right my friend. Didn't even think of that, but it did show 2 that last time I was in there, and now there IS only 1. I hope your right, still would have been nice to see some kind of info. Either in the email, or on my account page.

Sledgehammer70
03-01-2013, 03:45 PM
If you purchase the game via Trion you will not get a direct e-mail as your account will update directly on the site. You might get an e-mail via Paypal or other payment services confirming the payment. But your order info should appear under your Trion profile and the game will become unlocked and Beta access will be granted when the Beta goes live.

MOnte
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM
If you purchase the game via Trion you will not get a direct e-mail as your account will update directly on the site. You might get an e-mail via Paypal or other payment services confirming the payment. But your order info should appear under your Trion profile and the game will become unlocked and Beta access will be granted when the Beta goes live.

Thank you Sir for confirming !

Deimos
03-01-2013, 03:55 PM

Thanks very much :)

B4DD4WG
03-02-2013, 06:56 AM
This is what was told to me from support...

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We understand you recently pre-ordered Defiance you're wondering about your preorder code. Upon review we confirmed your purchase was directly from us and so your preorder code is automatically applied to your account.

Im glad that it's all good to go. But, I wish that they would have it a little more obvious, than it being so vague. Something on our accounts saying that it was ready to play when it goes live, would be nice..lol

Anyway, thanks to all that help answering this, and I hope this info will be useful to someone else that might have any questions about it.