PDA

View Full Version : All Quiet On The Dev-stern Front

Johnny Dbag
11-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Seems like we are in the midst of another dev/moderator hiatus. With Py Numbra not having any jackpots, Hulker Hell ending, the usual start date for New Frontier Harvest around the corner, all the bugs we reported, you would think there would be more of this "transparency" the have spoken of in the past.

Such a bummer to see longtime players and friends packing it in.

*Edit - just saw Detro's small post on the 11/1 Py Numbra thread.

Destromathe
11-01-2017, 08:09 PM
We are around, I assure you. If you don’t see us here on the forums, it is usually because we are working on the game :).

Be patient, good things are on the horizon.

Kuraokami
11-01-2017, 08:54 PM
And I'm ready for what's to come :)

Johnny Dbag
11-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the words Destro. Looking forward to it.

Aura
11-02-2017, 06:33 AM
We are around, I assure you. If you don’t see us here on the forums, it is usually because we are working on the game :).

You've been saying that since you took event drops out and left events so barren that they have become obsolete for many of us. So could you tell us what exactly are we waiting for. You've told us nothing since June!

Fallen_Aingeal
11-02-2017, 09:25 AM

Unfortunately, the horizon looks extremely far away from our viewpoint when the defiance forum is neglected...

I took a gander at the other Trion forums and noticed a lot of Dev activity. All the other games must not have anything "on the horizon"...

Read into it what you will...

Light Energy
11-02-2017, 05:27 PM
That's cool...I know you guys are busy, but it would be nice if maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour could be allocated to "forum related stuff" per week...or something like that. :) Maybe between all the staff?
Or maybe this is part of a CM's remit? Maybe some weekly/fortnightly status update thing?
Just spitballing :)

I'm looking forward to the new inventory sorting enhancements mentioned in the Extra Life livestream :).

I was imagining maybe: categories, tabs, sorting by all different criteria (perhaps even multi-column sorting).
Sorting by synergy, nano, rarity, mod status etc...the more options the better! :)

For anyone that missed it, the Bens hinted at something around the 40 minute mark:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/182007830

r1p
11-03-2017, 05:46 AM
That's cool...I know you guys are busy, but it would be nice if maybe 30 minutes to 1 hour could be allocated to "forum related stuff" per week...or something like that. :) Maybe between all the staff?
Or maybe this is part of a CM's remit? Maybe some weekly/fortnightly status update thing?

The reason that we allegedly have a Community Manager is to handle the "forum related stuff". The problem is that the community manager position for Defiance is a part time gig (at best). Yaviey is the CM for both Rift and Defiance but it is quite clear based on the amount of interaction that she has with both communities that Defiance is not a priority for Trion. She has averaged almost 5 posts per day in the 3+ months that she has been the CM for Rift but in the 6 weeks that she has been with Defiance she has averaged less than 1 post per day.

Just to be clear, I'm not criticizing Yaviey for not doing her job because I'm certain that she is doing exactly what her bosses want her to do. It is completely consistent with the support and service that we have received from the last several CM's and it just further demonstrates that Defiance is not a very high priority for Trion. The last CM that attempted to provide us with any sort of substantial presence was Kiwi and look where that got her. So I wouldn't expect anything more than we already receive: minimal support, sporadic updates, and vague assurances.

The Lady
11-03-2017, 06:43 AM
With the 5th anniversary coming up I'm sure they are waiting for that to launch all the cool new stuff.

Yaviey
11-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Seems like we are in the midst of another dev/moderator hiatus. With Py Numbra not having any jackpots, Hulker Hell ending, the usual start date for New Frontier Harvest around the corner, all the bugs we reported, you would think there would be more of this "transparency" the have spoken of in the past.

Such a bummer to see longtime players and friends packing it in.

*Edit - just saw Detro's small post on the 11/1 Py Numbra thread.

Hey Johnny,

First off, I'd like to apologize on this front. I came on board to help with forum and moderation stuff on Defiance while also being pretty focused on RIFT, what I was originally hired at Trion to do. It was always the goal to do more on the forums and then a slew of events took place including a pretty big RIFT game update (at least from a planning standpoint) and some in-person events - and those ate up a ton of my time. It is hella hard doing both but I'm hoping that now that things have settled down on both the RIFT and event season side that I'll be able to spend more time here on the forums.

Yaviey
11-03-2017, 10:54 AM

Yep, there are some really sweet things going on in the background. Sorry we can't share the details of what those are yet, but there is work going on and we think you're going to love it!

Yaviey
11-03-2017, 10:55 AM
You've been saying that since you took event drops out and left events so barren that they have become obsolete for many of us. So could you tell us what exactly are we waiting for. You've told us nothing since June!

Our dates shift from time to time based on executive involvement. Stuff is going, but we're not allowed to say when yet. It's also a ****e ton of work these guys are doing. ;)

Yaviey
11-03-2017, 11:02 AM
Unfortunately, the horizon looks extremely far away from our viewpoint when the defiance forum is neglected...

I took a gander at the other Trion forums and noticed a lot of Dev activity. All the other games must not have anything "on the horizon"...

You absolutely make a fair point. It's been difficult to be on point for multiple titles, so I'm personally sorry for this. I manage both Defiance and RIFT and we've had more immediate need for RIFT. Luckily we just wrapped up some big stuff there so I'm hoping to spend more time here.

It's not that we don't have things for Defiance "on the horizon" but that in the other games they were able to be more immediately realized. Let's see what we can do to fix this, though!

Yaviey
11-03-2017, 11:04 AM

You know what, that's a great idea and absolutely fair! I'll work with Destromathe from Defiance and Archonix from RIFT to work out better how to split my time between BOTH games so both communities get some Trion lovins'.

Johnny Dbag
11-03-2017, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the responses Yaviey, appreciate them very much. We all understand that you have to run both forums. As you can see, there are many players that are very passionate about Defiance, and every little tidbit from someone on you end, be it a CM or a Dev, gives us hope, and a a little life line that lets us know y'all are still there.

Fisherman Joe
11-03-2017, 11:14 AM
Defiance 2 sounds good to me. That's what you're working on, right? ;)

DEATHBRINGER210
11-03-2017, 11:29 AM

i have also taken a peek at the other forums . our forums is by far the most neglected of them all. just look at our bugs and issues section . zero responses from anyone.

Light Energy
11-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Thanks for all the individual responses, Yaviey :)

You know what, that's a great idea and absolutely fair! I'll work with Destromathe from Defiance and Archonix from RIFT to work out better how to split my time between BOTH games so both communities get some Trion lovins'.
Fantastic, we would all appreciate that! :)

Valani
11-04-2017, 12:45 PM

Hi Yaviey,

Can there be a response about the bugged DLC trophies? Trust me, I've asked each and every person that oversees Defiance before you came over (welcome, by the way), and neither seem eager to reply on the matter. As Community Manager for Defiance, is there anything 'over the horizon' that's going to fix this?

Altras
11-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Hi Yaviey,

Can there be a response about the bugged DLC trophies? Trust me, I've asked each and every person that oversees Defiance before you came over (welcome, by the way), and neither seem eager to reply on the matter. As Community Manager for Defiance, is there anything 'over the horizon' that's going to fix this?

This has been answered well over a dozen times. It's still "no" . Sorry mate

Antony Harrist
11-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Something needs announcing soon, or there’s not going to be anyone left to hear any announcements

Calm like a Bomb
11-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Not that it really matters, but in the Rift Forums I saw a post where Yaviney says, "We’re out next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday (NA). Come back in two weeks on Friday, December 1, 2017 for our next RIFTstream. See you then!"
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/dev-tracker/500202-yaviey-riftstream-nov-17-recap-fall-shiny-shenanigans.html

I figure that 1 week vacation applies to all Trion employees.

Annunaki PolaryssRA
11-20-2017, 09:31 AM
Lag........Lag ..........And more lag

Annunaki PolaryssRA
11-20-2017, 09:32 AM
Too bad. So sad. Hahaha

Combo Breaker
11-20-2017, 09:56 AM
Not that it really matters, but in the Rift Forums I saw a post where Yaviney says, "We’re out next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday (NA). Come back in two weeks on Friday, December 1, 2017 for our next RIFTstream. See you then!"
http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/dev-tracker/500202-yaviey-riftstream-nov-17-recap-fall-shiny-shenanigans.html

I figure that 1 week vacation applies to all Trion employees.

So no informing us about literally anything. A simple yes or no to questions about events such as Thanksgiving or Black Friday. Would take just a minute to give us something.

Calm like a Bomb
11-20-2017, 10:37 AM
So no informing us about literally anything. A simple yes or no to questions about events such as Thanksgiving or Black Friday. Would take just a minute to give us something.I totally agree. This is inexcusable. I just found it funny after searching through Trions forums that any mention of being away for the Thanksgiving Holidays was buried in a livestream thread in the Rift Forums.

Yaviey
11-20-2017, 11:01 AM
So no informing us about literally anything. A simple yes or no to questions about events such as Thanksgiving or Black Friday. Would take just a minute to give us something.

More info on this will be supplied soon. There is more timely, visible news to share for RIFT than Defiance, thus they were told first.

Yaviey
11-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Hi all, this thread has been going for about 20 days now with further complaints but no real resolution. Both Destro and I have responded that we do have info to share coming up but due to planning and execution decisions that still need to be decided, we can't share any hints or additional info at this time. Regarding Black Friday/Thanksgiving - we will have some stuff coming up that we will share within the next couple of days. I appreciate your patience on the fact that I as Community Manager am on two separate titles and that as of right now, RIFT has more pressing news to share. Once we have more info we can publicly share on Defiance (and as we do), I will continue to ramp up communication on this front. In the meantime however, this thread has run its course and I am now closing the thread down.