PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to change a posts title?

Heishiro Mitsurugi
11-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Like for instance I'd like a wtb post I made to match the title within thread?

arms are heavy
11-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Forum users can not edit thread names. I'd tell you who can but I don't want to risk an infraction.

Light Energy
11-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Just to add to what 'arms are heavy' said...

Standard forum members are not able to edit thread titles here.
Forum administrators etc are able to do so. They will have powers to merge, delete and so on.
So one option would be to send a PM to request that they reword the title for you :).

There should be a clear distinction in the forum rules, so that simply stating facts about what is and is not possible with forum software is not lumped together / conflated with the Rule 18. :eek: (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?253207-The-Official-Defiance-Community-Rules&p=1985789#post1985789)

18. Do not discuss moderator action, or attempt to re-open removed or locked threads.
Removed or locked threads were removed for a reason; please do not attempt to re-open them. Additionally, please do not discuss moderator action in the forums. If you wish to contest an infraction, please follow the instructions below instead of posting about it.This rule is more about members contesting AFTER the event (locking / deletion / banning / infraction).