PDA

View Full Version : Switching bn NA and Euro servers bugged

XonYurFace
11-12-2017, 03:20 AM
Ever since the patch last Monday, November 6, I have to download the patch and reinstall it each and every time I alternate between the NA and Euro servers. I have asked several of my friends who also use toons on both servers and all of them are experiencing this re-patching problem. It takes at least 15 minutes each time to switch from the NA server to the Euro server. Then of course switching back to the NA server takes another 15 minutes minimum. Is everyone else experiencing this annoying problem?

FOX
11-12-2017, 04:26 AM
A fix for this would probably be to empty your cache on your Xbox, then restart game and it should work, if you are on xbox . If you are PC user, them also empty cache and restart game.

kingevil
11-12-2017, 04:52 AM
im on ps3 does same thing always wants to update EU server

W84IT
11-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Ever since the patch last Monday, November 6, I have to download the patch and reinstall it each and every time I alternate between the NA and Euro servers. I have asked several of my friends who also use toons on both servers and all of them are experiencing this re-patching problem. It takes at least 15 minutes each time to switch from the NA server to the Euro server. Then of course switching back to the NA server takes another 15 minutes minimum. Is everyone else experiencing this annoying problem?

Im experiencing this problem on ps3,started last monday.

XonYurFace
11-12-2017, 07:53 AM
I am on ps3. I am not meaning to sound obtuse but I can only assume that emptying the cache on a ps3 would be something like deleting the patch data from the Game Data Utility folder or perhaps even entering safe mode and running Rebuild Database and Restore File System? I have attempted many "fixes" to this problem. I have deleted the patch data and reinstalled it. I have deleted the patch data and the game then ran Restore File System and Rebuild Database from safe mode. Then I would reinstall the entire game and patch. I have even installed a new hard drive, formatted it with PS3 firmware version 4.81 and then installed Defiance and patched it. So I do not think at this point it is a caching issue. I am not a programmer nor a developer but my best guess is that the problem lies on the server side. If this is the case, the only remedy would be for Trion to troubleshoot their end. They can even test this out by going between the NA and Euro servers and see that they have to patch each time. The best possible testing scenario for a Trion team member would be to attempt this from their own home.

locknload
11-13-2017, 04:27 AM
I am also a psn3 user and have the same problem switching from Europe to USA. This is time consuming and annoying Anything you can do to helo, I will be appreciated. Thank Trion.

locknload
11-13-2017, 04:32 AM
Seems you know alot in software, but I dont, i wouldn't want to empty cache and mess up my psn not knowing what I am doing . Thank you for initially posting this big issue we are having with Defiance.

Yaviey
11-13-2017, 11:53 AM

We'll take a look. Thank you for reporting this, XonYurFace.

Yaviey
11-13-2017, 01:26 PM
We'll take a look. Thank you for reporting this, XonYurFace.

We were able to confirm that this is indeed a problem and it will be fixed within the next hour or so. Thanks for your patience!

Yaviey
11-13-2017, 07:29 PM
We were able to confirm that this is indeed a problem and it will be fixed within the next hour or so. Thanks for your patience!

This should be resolved now but may require a small patch on your client.

XonYurFace
11-13-2017, 07:40 PM
Thank you very much for fixing this problem in such an expedited manner. Hats off to you.