PDA

View Full Version : Game has a lot of potential, but (Defiance suggestions thread)

fm0987
11-16-2017, 03:38 PM
Everyone feel free to chime in here with any ideas you may have. First off, I'll start with the Ex Inasis system (and trying to mod that is). What a joke, don't even get me started lol. I'm surely not alone here in thinking this? This has to be some kind of world record for the worst rng ever (maybe I'm exaggerating a bit lol, but still). When it costs 1000 pg for a single random mod of a specific type and it's split up between 3 synergies, you'd have to spend thousands upon thousands of pg, and you still probably won't even get what you're looking for. Talk about a complete waste, and good luck trying to find what you need through trading or otherwise. Why is it that the weapons are so easy to obtain, and yet the right mods nearly impossible? Maybe they're trying to divert us to the bit store, idk. There could be so many easy solutions to this, and yet here we are, stuck with a system that pretty much is the exact opposite of rewarding you for your time and effort spent. Possible solutions to this: make mods drop again (events, arkfalls, expo, etc), bring back the exchange (or something similar), drastically reduce the pg cost of mods and seperate them by synergy instead of all three at once, implement a mod crafting system, allow us to salvage runner items in return for pg, spend all your money in the bit store trying to get the proper mods, wait what? lol I'm just kidding but in all seriousness the current system of modding is just ridiculous imo.

fm0987
11-16-2017, 05:32 PM
A few other ideas:Revamp standard synergies and lockboxes. As it is, keycodes are pretty much a complete waste and never feel rewarding. Aren't lockboxes in games usually supposed to be rewarding?
Redo dlc weapons and synergies. This is paid for content. Does anybody even use these weapons? Also, why can we convert chimera rep to forge, not paradise?
Update superiority and expo loot to drop Ex Inanis items. This is supposed to be end game, not grinding for vendor food. Also, why aren't hunter reqs account bound (for people with alts).
Siege and arkfall spawn points need to be more randomized. Basically the only way to keep up on score is to spam the spawn locations with rockets before the enemies even appear.
Probably more ideas I'm forgetting atm but that's a start.

Krapping Koala
11-16-2017, 05:56 PM
First off, I'll start with the Ex Inasis system (and trying to mod that is). What a joke, don't even get me started lol.

^ Just thought that was pretty funny when I read it lol :p

But yea I agree that trying to mod a weapon is just too much... And I've been thinking the same things as far as possible solutions to this (besides the exchange).

I've even had the thought that it might be nice to have the option to buy a specific mod with a specific synergy for like 5000PG or something. Might sound crazy to think that it could take 32,500PG to buy and mod a single jp weapon, but then again, I'm sure I've spent more than 5000PG on 1000 and 250 mod crates hoping for the mod I'm looking for, so maybe it's not too crazy of an idea, idk.

Also, why can we convert chimera rep to forge, not paradise?

Always wondered this myself...

Cygnus
11-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Lol. We've been saying this for 4 years. I still have hope. But dont let me discourage you. They might be ready to listen this time. There still isn't and hasn't been anything like defiance. Which is the only reason we are still here even when all our friends have left to find greener pastures....

Passionate players is what keeps this game alive, not anything new that's been added.

The multiplayer arkfalls were what brought us here. We bought into this...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sg702Sv45Y
3Sg702Sv45Y

Guess they don't support YouTube anymore. Well, just click the link.

Decoy303
11-16-2017, 08:28 PM
I almost feel like this post has to broad of a scope that the devs are not going to pay attention to. Instead it just turns into a unconstructive birch fest of valid and invalid points. And this has all been ranted on before.

fm0987
11-16-2017, 09:45 PM
I almost feel like this post has to broad of a scope that the devs are not going to pay attention to. Instead it just turns into a unconstructive birch fest of valid and invalid points. And this has all been ranted on before.
So you're happy and content with the current system of modding then? And anyway, that was kinda my whole point of this thread, just throwing some ideas out there. Maybe we can extrapolate something out of all this.

fm0987
11-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Be nice if upgrading with forge cost was reduced, or a system put in place if you failed x amount of certain times at a low percent, you wouldn't exceed the maximun.

Aura
11-17-2017, 12:57 AM
Yes yes a thousand times for the re-introduction of the Exchange and event drops!

fm0987
11-17-2017, 03:02 AM
Watched this first impressions video on youtube, was kinda hilarious, the guy describing the combat music making him want to drink bleach lol. You know, the constant duh nuh nuh nuh, duh nuh nuh nuh, duh nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nuh. Lol have to agree though, a few new tracks wouldn't hurt. But anyway, I'm sure most of these ideas are nothing new and has all probably already been discussed before many a time, so kinda sad to see that if all of these much needed qol improvements have been out there and discussed so much and people generally agree with them, why has none of these ideas ever come to fruition?

konstantinov
11-17-2017, 03:07 AM
Lol. We've been saying this for 4 years. I still have hope. But dont let me discourage you. They might be ready to listen this time. There still isn't and hasn't been anything like defiance. Which is the only reason we are still here even when all our friends have left to find greener pastures....

Passionate players is what keeps this game alive, not anything new that's been added.

3Sg702Sv45Y

The actuality of it all is that if we couldn't get some of these changes when the game cost money and had more people spending money then it's probably never going to happen now that it is f2p.

fm0987
11-17-2017, 03:16 AM
Yeah, day late dollar short I suppose, I should've titled this my defiance pipedreams thread lol. Was just kinda putting some ideas out there I've always had in mind for the game I guess.

konstantinov
11-17-2017, 03:33 AM
Yeah, day late dollar short I suppose, I should've titled this my defiance pipedreams thread lol. Was just kinda putting some ideas out there I've always had in mind for the game I guess.

Ideas are always a good thing but a lot of times they're not very practical. There are things we want and things we need. We want a cerberus but we need a new inventory management system. Stark contrasts in what everyone will benefit from rather than a few people.

Alahali
11-17-2017, 07:36 AM
You mention two good ideas
Ok with the system random mods but must be separated by synergies (your heart beat strong but this pb is nvf and not sat .. or you have 100 mods and none mag for pistol ep)
...... and pg for mods unused.

p.s.: Wtb mag for pistol ep

Punkcore
11-17-2017, 11:02 AM
3Sg702Sv45Y

Omg, this trailer is wonderful!!

Jaystonephish
11-19-2017, 09:40 AM
Can anyone help me? I'm new to the game and don't know how to review/use shopping cart or how to get to the quick menu. Please help. Thanks