PDA

View Full Version : Server downtime/restart warnings

Soko
04-09-2013, 10:10 AM
With the really crappy 1 liner messages that's all the way on an insignificant part of the screen that nobody looks at. Would it be a possibility to add major game changing events. (IE. server restarts shutdowns etc) added so that you get the message in the MIDDLE of your screen so you can actually see it. Seeing as how limited the SOCIAL aspect of this MMO is at this time, I am quite sure I'm not the only one that doesn't see the server messages go by on that 1 liner chat window.

Shima
04-09-2013, 10:11 AM
chat interface in general needs a lot of work IMO

Though I'd probably be ok with it if I was playing it on a console (where I suspect it's 'intended' to be played).

Opus
04-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Did they actually announce the downtime? I don't think I saw it. I normally do, but I must have been in salvage matrix or something. (God, please let my new SAW be OK.)

RIP
04-09-2013, 10:15 AM
I was just about to post about this and seen this threat. I agree its really annoying in middle of a quest and all of a sudden the game boots you. I dont even see a msg 99% of time when this happens. Would be nice to get a big flash on screen like most mmos saying game is going down in 10 minuets, or something like that. Also the chat really needs a fix. How about a little box like most of us are use to with chat box of more than one line at a time. I never see when someone says something to me unless i go into Inventory and see that comment from a hour ago someone said to me. Other than that, the game is great. Just the chat part sucks big time.

Ikagawa
04-09-2013, 10:25 AM
That would be a nice UI alteration.

It's certainly not going to stop whiner threads about downtime though :(