PDA

View Full Version : What shield is best for PvP

fsol
04-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Was wondering what kind off shield is best for PvP.

I see ppl getting jump by 4 ppl and walk away with not even 10 % off the shield gone.
Can i assume these are shields(520 ego here atm) that will be more around or above a 1000 ego??

Today a infecter hit me 2 times and it was game over,then i read in a thread about one that really does hefty dmg so that 2 thicks do kill. That infector was above 1000 i believe.

So it would be safe to say that we have no gear brackets and all lvls play crosswise making it not perse unbalanced/impossible but hard as hell to get a high lvl player down.

Btw play with the 250 health/less dmg(skin somethign)/shield break/and more crit from my side hipwise.

Goomba
04-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Use rhino or ironback (or something like that). 1700 - 1800 shields. The con is they regenerate slowly and after a longer delay, but you want the extra health.

Aeekto
04-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Was wondering what kind off shield is best for PvP.

I see ppl getting jump by 4 ppl and walk away with not even 10 % off the shield gone.
Can i assume these are shields(520 ego here atm) that will be more around or above a 1000 ego??

Today a infecter hit me 2 times and it was game over,then i read in a thread about one that really does hefty dmg so that 2 thicks do kill. That infector was above 1000 i believe.

So it would be safe to say that we have no gear brackets and all lvls play crosswise making it not perse unbalanced/impossible but hard as hell to get a high lvl player down.

Btw play with the 250 health/less dmg(skin somethign)/shield break/and more crit from my side hipwise.

It realy depends on your playstyle, your perks, your weapons and your nanoeffekts.

I use Resparks only, since i prefer good reload speed + short delay because i work a lot with shield proccs and my playstyle is more like some guerilla-warfare (fast in and out all the time)..... the downside is the low capacity.
Others prefer high capacity like Rhino or Ironclad so its easier to survive a standoff/backstab.... downside is a realy long delay + slow regeneration rate and they donīt profit so much/often from shield proccs like with a respark.

Tal
08-17-2013, 07:25 PM
i use a purple Rebel Blockade IV DX, 1425 cap 10% recharge/sec and delay is 2.85.. i am extremely aggressive, which either turns me into a machine or i die often depending on how well the other team works. the short delay is a godsend for me.

Jice Corvus
08-17-2013, 07:32 PM
Rhino or Ironclad, hands down in my opinion.

:)

Heinzlee
08-18-2013, 09:01 PM
As others have said, shield choice comes down to loadout.

The easiest example is cloak.
Cloak users can use 9.6 second recharge delay shield without problems because they can start recharging shields when they pop cloak. Though most people recommend Rhino shields, Tachyon can also work if you dodge in and out of cover during combat. I currently use Tachyons with Cloak.

For other Ego powers, Ironclad is a good all round shield.
I use Ironclads with Blur and Overcharge. Although the Ironclad has the longest TOTAL full recharge time (16 seconds), in real game scenarios it doesn't prove to be too much of a problem due to the high capacity it starts with and the general Syphon abuse in PvP at the moment.

The last consideration is perks. Some people utilise shield procs (shield break / recharge) to get bonuses.
For example, Failsafe perk promotes the use of Rebel shields that have a quick recharge delay but only a 10% recharge rate.

Flank
08-20-2013, 05:21 PM
Have to agree. Surviving in PvP and/or doing good is about the complete load out. Higher ego does have some advantages with shields being to withstand more damage and/or time decrease. Only in small increments though. Perks in the loadout need to be devided in between EGO specific perks and defensive/health perks. Weapon and Nano's help contribute to "healing" as well, so consider those options. Syphon nano, BIO nano, BMGs, and even though I don't use them, let alone stand them, you have INFECTORS. Secondary weapon (imo) is the opposite. High damage weapons like that do explosive damage or nanos like radiation and fire should be considered too. Bio grenades help as well.. slows opponents and damage taken is reduced 50%. You just got to figure out how you enjoy to play. Experiment. The more perks you unlock and upgrade the better time your gonna have. With what information everyone has given you, I am sure you'll have a better time.

Ironclad 3 or Rhino regen

ADHDplayer37
08-08-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm a very aggressive player and my ego is 5353 what is I good type of shield for my styles of play

Xbox ADHDplayer37
Clan dranpack2000

WhiteStrike
08-08-2015, 11:56 AM
I'm a very aggressive player and my ego is 5353 what is I good type of shield for my styles of play

Xbox ADHDplayer37
Clan dranpack2000

Necro'd thread and an Ironclad.