PDA

View Full Version : Weapon mod crisis

Riyo Chuchi
11-25-2017, 01:08 AM
Recently I had pulled a Perfected Hot Streak syn berserk mass cannon. I was very excited to pull it as I am most likely the only one who owns one and it's going to be awesome in expeditions but I soon ran into a problem and had to ask myself "How in the world of paradise am I going to mod this thing?". I am well aware that there is a vendor selling boxes for t5 mods in the synergy I need but I could use all my Gulanite on those t5 mod boxes and still not have a full set to mod my mass cannon since I could just end up with a bunch of barrels or Guided RL mods, etc. This is an extreme issue having all these new guns rolling in that have never existed before without providing a somewhat convenient way to actually get these guns modded.

Dev's please add a box in all those Runner mod vendors that sells us a full set of t4 mods for all the gun types and synergies. It would really help a lot of people out. I'm honestly going to be pretty bummed out if this black Friday thing end and Ihave that mass cannon still in my inventory still not completely modded and I'm sure lots of other people will feel the same with guns they pulled.

If anyone else would like to share their unique perfected gun that will most likely never get fully modded please do so. I'd like this thread to get noticed so something can be done

jay ellis
11-25-2017, 08:48 AM
I like the idea of full sets of mods. But..... Guerrilla stocks, tactical scopes, min dmg barrels, fall off. Yucky.
Who decides which mods are in there? Should we be allowed to pick them? How much should this cost? T5 mod boxes are $17 ea. Should a full set cost $80? Would you pay $80 to mod a mass cannon?

kromc5
11-25-2017, 09:52 AM
That is an awesome pull I love anything hot streak, save yourself the headache of trying to mod and trade it to me.

Riyo Chuchi
11-25-2017, 09:55 AM
I like the idea of full sets of mods. But..... Guerrilla stocks, tactical scopes, min dmg barrels, fall off. Yucky.
Who decides which mods are in there? Should we be allowed to pick them? How much should this cost? T5 mod boxes are $17 ea. Should a full set cost $80? Would you pay $80 to mod a mass cannon?

You have a good point. Those less desirable mods could be a problem but something is better than nothing. And I'm not talking about spending any money. I'm still reluctant about renewing my patron again. But the thought of how much it would cost in real money to mod this gun is quite horrifying to be honest.

jay ellis
11-25-2017, 10:04 AM
You have a good point. Those less desirable mods could be a problem but something is better than nothing. And I'm not talking about spending any money. I'm still reluctant about renewing my patron again. But the thought of how much it would cost in real money to mod this gun is quite horrifying to be honest.

Something is not always better than nothing. Example, guided rocket launcher mods wouldn't work on your mass cannon, shot pods dont work on sawed off's, etc..... Are nano converters in the pool? It's kind of an rng mess.

chow1116
11-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Something is not always better than nothing. Example, guided rocket launcher mods wouldn't work on your mass cannon, shot pods dont work on sawed off's, etc..... Are nano converters in the pool? It's kind of an rng mess.

There's rng in defiance? lol

Decoy303
11-25-2017, 03:36 PM
If they want $20 a pop for the chance to open said box for a random mod per syn per weapon type you should get to pick.

Calm like a Bomb
11-25-2017, 03:49 PM
If they want $20 a pop for the chance to open said box for a random mod per syn per weapon type you should get to pick.

I agree 100%. You can pick which exact mods you want to buy from the vendors, why should this be any different, especially at $20 a pop!

C'mon Trion, show a little decency for once. This is a blatant cash grab. Why don't you take the lead and start a new trend in gaming? Get rid of this bogus gambling model.

DEATHBRINGER210
11-25-2017, 04:33 PM
saved all my pg . got my super nova full t5 modded and my misfortune full t5 modded as well. you got to save up pg.

Johnny Gatt
11-25-2017, 05:39 PM
Recently I had pulled a Perfected Hot Streak syn berserk mass cannon. I was very excited to pull it as I am most likely the only one who owns one and it's going to be awesome in expeditions but I soon ran into a problem and had to ask myself "How in the world of paradise am I going to mod this thing?". I am well aware that there is a vendor selling boxes for t5 mods in the synergy I need but I could use all my Gulanite on those t5 mod boxes and still not have a full set to mod my mass cannon since I could just end up with a bunch of barrels or Guided RL mods, etc. This is an extreme issue having all these new guns rolling in that have never existed before without providing a somewhat convenient way to actually get these guns modded.

Dev's please add a box in all those Runner mod vendors that sells us a full set of t4 mods for all the gun types and synergies. It would really help a lot of people out. I'm honestly going to be pretty bummed out if this black Friday thing end and Ihave that mass cannon still in my inventory still not completely modded and I'm sure lots of other people will feel the same with guns they pulled.

If anyone else would like to share their unique perfected gun that will most likely never get fully modded please do so. I'd like this thread to get noticed so something can be done

I know your dilemna. I was lucky to get a mass extinction for my only jp out of 3 $50 boxes. I had saved up pg for aza so decided to spend $100 on the t5 rocket mod vendor. I got a first stage booster, guided stock, dipersion muzzle, guided sight, guided sight.
So spent all that money on one useable t5 mod. As I mentioned earlier, I bought 3 of the $50 boxes for 330 items. Not. One. Single cn rocket mod dropped.
At this point, i have one mod that i could really use. I decided to sacifice the pg i had saved for aza. Got another dispersion muzzle and guided sight. I had nearly 400 loyalty saved for a rig. Decided to buy cn boxes instead. Not. One. Single cn rocket mod, not even t3.
I managed to overpay dearly for a t5 power muzzle and a clannie hooked me up with a launch scope, so i was able to 3/4 mod my rocket. (Still need active reload mag any tier btw)
I have always had cursed rng, but imo this was the most heavily stacked deck ever dealt to me. CN rocket mods are rarer drops than ar mods.

Johnny Gatt
11-25-2017, 05:52 PM

I shudder to think how much it would have cost me to fully t5 my ME with the drop rate of guided mods i was getting. My ps3 toon was able to get aza, but i think i will stick with t4 mods. After my experience with rocket vendor on xbox, i can see lots of t5 melee stocks, falloff barrels and tactical scopes before getting the right mods. I think my hard earned money and pg are better spent on something else.

ratpie
11-25-2017, 07:06 PM
You should try your luck with the guns only, for the mods you already have.

so if you have a jackpot/non-named weapon you really dont like that holds a set of T4 mods would be ideal.
example LMG or SMG to AR.

Rolled a Precise Plasma Burst rifle rad mutagenic and got a Bezerk Salvo rifle rad in HOT from clanleader pretty cool guns so far. see if i can get somthing better from a t4 blight carbine and 2nd calamity before this runs out.

would love to try for a HOT or EA Mass Cannon but going for the mods, i would never make it.

use zone chat to trade others or trade on forums can save you some PG.

Celldweller
11-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Yep bought my first t5 ar mod from the vendor and go figure...tactical scope. Think I'll just stick with my t4's and not just flush all my pg down the toilet.

Cygnus
11-26-2017, 02:15 AM
Yep got a hot electric sludge. Wanted a mass cannon but I'd settle for this. I only have enough pg for 4 mod pulls so im hoping to get lucky on mods but if I can't mod it, it basically vendor food. Shame....Would make a cool expo loadout.

Jerrmy12
11-26-2017, 03:47 AM
I agree 100%. You can pick which exact mods you want to buy from the vendors, why should this be any different, especially at $20 a pop!

C'mon Trion, show a little decency for once. This is a blatant cash grab. Why don't you take the lead and start a new trend in gaming? Get rid of this bogus gambling model.

this ͏͏ ͏͏

Cygnus
11-26-2017, 11:46 AM
These vendors should remain in game till the new year at least. Bit prices should be drastically reduced to no more than $3-4 and 3 purple mods should drop with each t5 so players can at least mod and use their weapons if they made the regrettable choice to acquire a one of a kind weapon instead of getting t5s for one that already exists.
If the want to keep charging $20 a pop we should get to pick. I agree

Neat idea but horrible drop rate on mods and weapons.

I have a hot splash muzzle I'll trade for a stock, mag, or scope. It's a horrible barrel but may help mod out to syn.

Bloodbath82
11-26-2017, 04:46 PM
Kinda hard to save pg when this ddos thing kept most Ppl offline for a week. Not to mention they basically blindsided us with the pricing and awareness of how this was all going to work. Still waiting for the compensation that Xbox player are owed as well done feeding cash to a greedy game just to get handed a "tough" at the end. My pp ends here and I won't be renewing.

Johnny Gatt
11-26-2017, 10:24 PM
These vendors should remain in game till the new year at least. Bit prices should be drastically reduced to no more than $3-4 and 3 purple mods should drop with each t5 so players can at least mod and use their weapons if they made the regrettable choice to acquire a one of a kind weapon instead of getting t5s for one that already exists.
If the want to keep charging $20 a pop we should get to pick. I agree

Neat idea but horrible drop rate on mods and weapons.

I have a hot splash muzzle I'll trade for a stock, mag, or scope. It's a horrible barrel but may help mod out to syn.

Good luck... i could not trade my cn dispersion muzzles for anything and nobody wants the guided mods. Gave away my t5 mods to clannies with calamity. Could not even give away t5 cn dispersions so ended up vendoring.

Johnny Gatt
11-26-2017, 10:27 PM
Yep bought my first t5 ar mod from the vendor and go figure...tactical scope. Think I'll just stick with my t4's and not just flush all my pg down the toilet.

Same here, had left over pg on ps3 after buying aza from py. Took chance on t5 se ar mod and got commando scope. At least I can put it on my Ifrit.

Cygnus
11-28-2017, 02:27 AM
Good luck... i could not trade my cn dispersion muzzles for anything and nobody wants the guided mods. Gave away my t5 mods to clannies with calamity. Could not even give away t5 cn dispersions so ended up vendoring.

I know it's not what you wanted but you could have used them to mod back pack guided and a sludge. Splash muzzle is completely useless. Its only useful if i can find the 3 other mods just to light the synergy

EvaLution
11-28-2017, 10:47 AM
I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to just let us purchase the actual mods we want. Why does everything have to be a crapshoot? Kinda ridiculous to pull 2 scope mods in a row, neither of which is needed.

Johnny Gatt
11-28-2017, 11:11 AM
I don’t understand why it’s so difficult to just let us purchase the actual mods we want. Why does everything have to be a crapshoot? Kinda ridiculous to pull 2 scope mods in a row, neither of which is needed.

They use a gambling format for just about everything. If the exact mod you want is $20, that is all you will spend. However, if $20 gets a chance to get the mod you want, you will spend 20, then 20 more, and 20 more. Then you are out of money and sitting on a bunch of guided rocket mods that don't fit on a mass cannon, or modding your nice ar with tactical scope, falloff barrel, no nano far and melee stock.

EvaLution
11-28-2017, 06:30 PM
I understand they need to make money. It’s just frustrating sometimes the way some things turn out.
Sorry for the vent.

Riyo Chuchi
12-01-2017, 06:52 PM
Well the vendors at Iron Demon Ranch are gone now... I had went ahead and tried to get the mods I needed for my mass cannon. I got 2 useable mods and I am still trying to figure out how a GRL mod will get rammed on there... :/

I'll most likely never get to finish modding it out and actually enjoy it. Thanks devs for ignoring this. You guys are lucky I still have a few friends left on Defiance that I care about or I would be gone. I'm tired of playing a game where I end up frustrated at the end of the day for multiple reasons just for playing it. I don't mean to be negative but that's how I feel.

Decoy303
12-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Simple solution would be to have a Christmas to New Year event. Maybe Solstice Strike where all vendor mods can be mod drops and no weapons.

DSW
12-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Simple solution would be to have a Christmas to New Year event. Maybe Solstice Strike where all vendor mods can be mod drops and no weapons.

and proper solution would be listening to us and simply removing half of mods away.

another nice solution would be to add T4 mods of at least current inanis synergies to expos.

Decoy303
12-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Yeah I pulled a Misfortune. Adequate name since I now have the misfortune of finding the mods for it. And if I had it my way it would be full T5... But it's not. They have all of the control over our each individual dilemmas. But it would be awesome if they brought the runners back on Christmas Eve till the New Year. It would be mutually and momentarily symbiotic to say the least.

Cygnus
12-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Yeah I pulled a Misfortune. Adequate name since I now have the misfortune of finding the mods for it. And if I had it my way it would be full T5... But it's not. They have all of the control over our each individual dilemmas. But it would be awesome if they brought the runners back on Christmas Eve till the New Year. It would be mutually and momentarily symbiotic to say the least.

Agreed resolution t4s n t5s are hard to come by but they are out there.

Trying to find hot streak rocket mods when none have ever been in the game, now thats a problem. Even if I am the only one to completely mod one of these, others will have another opportunity in the future and mine won't be the only one....trion always likes to hype how rare something is only to make it available to everyone down the road.

Rest assured these venders will be back in the game, it's only a matter of time. Everything they have ever released into the game has always made several appearances even when they say it's the last time.

Decoy303
12-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Yeah... But Misfortune is not Spinal Tap... It's Resolution.

Cygnus
12-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Yeah... But Misfortune is not Spinal Tap... It's Resolution.

Lol. My bad. Uh uhm... Yes, resolution t4s are hard to come by, t5s even harder. Player who pulled black Friday boxes could have these. Loyalty could get you t4s. Sorry for the mix up I'll edit. Lol.