PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

NobleLionz
11-25-2017, 12:43 PM
I was so excited for this Black Friday event and I was super stoked to see the different syn at IDR but I feel like I felt like his event was stacked against us.

$20 in bits for a weapon you will mostly likely not used 98% of the time and it’s unmodded.
Then buy another $20 just for a chance to get ONE of the right T5 mod. ( you need 4 of these). Safe to say you will have to drop over $100 to get the wep you want and it is a perfected weapond.

$50 for the Cerberus pack.
Can’t event used the weaponds on the cerb. The MAIN reasons why EVERYONE bought this is because they thought that they will be able to used these weps. Who in their right mind will buy a cerb if it won’t let them used the weapons on it.

$20 for the Cerberus pack after it was corrected (ty for that) and There goes a chance to buy another 100+10 boxes if this didn’t happen. I think players would have just buy the cerb for $20. The returning bits will not be able to get them any deals cause the 49 bit boxes will just give them what they don’t want ofc.

100+10 boxes and perfected weapond.
Maybe I have read wrong but after buying these boxes you will get a perfected weapond. Which means, even though you got a a few T5s or a JPs, you will get a perfected weapond on top on that buy that’s not the case I guess.

DROP RATE for the super JPs is rarer that a big foot sighting. This Black Friday sucks compare to the last Black Friday. Why?

What will happen to the players who tried and tried and didn’t get the mods need to mod there $100 Perfected weapond after the py has been removed from the game or IDR?

How com some players who spend less get ALOT more than other players who spend twice as much and got way less?

Please have some morals here man cause this is getting out of hand and if I am wrong please correct me here. Thank you guys so much.

Mr Devlin
11-25-2017, 12:47 PM
The Cerberus works just fine! Lots of fun with it yesterday with my clannies!:)

6ft lower
11-25-2017, 01:05 PM
I still can't enter the turret or passenger side rocket seat on my cerb. xbox 360

NobleLionz
11-25-2017, 01:07 PM

I love the cerb as well. Can you use the gun and the rl that comes with it?

NobleLionz
11-25-2017, 01:08 PM
I still can't enter the turret or passenger side rocket seat on my cerb. xbox 360

Same here.

Verga DeFuego
11-25-2017, 02:33 PM
I share your disappointment. I was planning to spend between $50 and $100 dollars in bits for Black Friday, but between the extremely over priced boxes, and everyone on the forums complaining about not getting anything good, I decided to spend my Black Friday $$ elsewhere. I really wanted to give some money and support to Defiance, but this is just too much, and I felt compelled to vote with my wallet.

Sorry Trion - Defiance has great potential, and I hope whatever the Devs are working on right now breaths some new life into the game, but your greed is unconscionable and I'm done playing into it. People complain that Defiance is "Pay to Win", but that is being too kind. Defiance is Gamble to Win, which I've come to despise and resent. Gambling with real money on bit boxes only to have people feeling cheated and shortchanged is not a good long term strategy for success.

kromc5
11-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Based on past posts on the bargain boxes I gave it a try as well. I think and could be wrong that if someone would to spend money on f2p game you would want them to be happy. Looking at remakes of games that have had 90% less content but made a fortune because of loot boxes is the reason for them. I really gave this some thought I can only think of one reason that the drops are so bad or have even worsen based on posts. It has to be that there are enough gamers that loose objectivity on the spending even if they are continually disappointed. I do not mind spending on game if I feel I'm be rewarded for supporting the game and company. But I have to stay objective and look at the risks and rewards and make a mental effort to stop it when its a continual disappointment.

Decoy303
11-25-2017, 03:31 PM
I was stoked that I could use my saved up pg for some mg injector mods. I got two I really needed but now I need a strain reducer and I'm all out of pg. Pg is so slow to come by and at 5.2k of pg per t5 mod after four pulls I'm tapped out. And as much as I want to buy bits for a chance at this strain reducer I think I will pass. Outs $20 bits just to pull one mod. Everyone and their gma knows that's such a f'ing rip off. No way am I doing that and getting stuck with a crap T5 mod. The only good thing I got was from the black Friday bundle for $50. I got an as LIP. Wish it was GA but tis life. I think this promotion was and is a fail. Maybe do this again for Christmas and get it right. How about 3 random t5 mods for $20? Sounds like a better sake to me.

NobleLionz
11-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Would the Dev pay $20 for a T5 unmodded Tacc pistol and then pay $20 for a T5 pistol falloff brl and keep spending $20x3 to get the full set of mods?

$100 for a T5 tacc pistol with electric nano and fully T5ed with melee stock-falloff brl-reload mag-Mobile sight.

Hanimichal
11-25-2017, 07:25 PM
Me too was planning to spend some bits in boxes and mods and with Cerberus, but with this price lol
Also I buyed a three rifles with PG .... completely disappointed with what I got.
So I am very happy in not spend any bit with this "Dark" event

professor chaos69
11-25-2017, 09:44 PM
I got the best thing ever the money is still in my wallet! I did not buy any 110 packs of disappointments. I was wanting to buy the cerebus pack, but not for $50 maybe $25 max. It's sad trion takes something that already exits in game that players want in there inventory and charges $50 for it as if it were new content. The cerebus might be cool if you could drive it with the standard wsad keys and aim and fire with the mouse. If you can't drive and shoot it kinda takes the fun away, that and someone else cant drive your vehicle allowing your to shoot turret while it moves. It's just another quick cash grab with no attempt at originality or innovation or thought process behind it. After all the cerebus health and guns are weak, leaving little incentive to buy or use it.

The vendors at iron demon ranch was kinda cool however still think the bit price was high.

As much as I would like to have the cerubus for a reasonable price it reminds me of something like this
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/718392/84780334.jpg

Light Energy
11-25-2017, 09:51 PM
I'm glad you had fun :), but have you tried to use the turret or passenger seat when playing solo? :confused:

Please see this thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?285096-Cerberus-Pack-Black-Friday-dealers-and-deals)... I included a video ;).

As other have said, the damage (especially) and durability are very low.
1102 damage, non-crit, per rocket (at 6000 EGO...the exact figure may vary slightly depending on the loadout / rig etc)
Typhon is approx 40 times more powerful, unmodded.
And my supreme Donner does 121K maximum damage...over 100 times as much.
So, it works in the sense that it shoots...but it would take a very long time to kill anything substantial. And the Cerberus will almost certainly be destroyed before long (this happened very easily, when testing it at a minor arkfall).

The Cerberus should be a little like a tank :cool:, but it is not even a glass cannon like the Hellbug Archers.
It's more like a glass pea-shooter...and it is certainly not durable enough or powerful enough to be of any use at a threat level 11 major arkfall.

It's not difficult to change a few stats (as we have seen with previous patches for the Cerberus in PvP)...so hopefully the Cerberus will live up to the name when it gets fixed :):

The Cerberus was tested and functional. We will go back and take a look at these reported issues. We will definitely get any issues fixed!

Cygnus
11-26-2017, 11:39 AM
$20 for the Cerberus pack after it was corrected (ty for that) and There goes a chance to buy another 100+10 boxes if this didn’t happen. I think players would have just buy the cerb for $20. The returning bits will not be able to get them any deals cause the 49 bit boxes will just give them what they don’t want ofc.

Wishful thinking but this did not happen. Cerberus pack price has not changed.

Johnny Dbag
11-27-2017, 01:18 AM
Im pretty bummed too. About 9 perfected cn pistol crates in, and only 1 mass blaster. Duplicates of other pistol types, sure, of course that happens. But not multiple mass blaster. Jenny is super jealous, really would like to drop a second one for her.

Black friday crates droppes p00p. 2 hashbrown shileds, both ga. Exile. Jury. No super jp drops. Seems like they adjusted the rng on them. 1st black friday to tight. Armistice a little loose. Tightened back up.this round. Hard to say though. Couple friends dropped multiple super jps each. Not this guy.

Johnny Gatt
11-27-2017, 01:54 AM
I did ok with the bf boxes.
Pulled ghost duster and proliferator on ps3, and pulled mass extinction on xbox.
My biggest frustration was finding mods for ME. CN rocket mods are rarest to find in game. Bought 3 $50 boxes on each console and zero cn rl mods.
I spent $100 on the cn rocket vendor but trion rng decided i was better off getting guided mods instead. Gambling on the mods at 20 bucks a pop seems like quite a rip off knowing how the good stuff is weighted to totally randomly drop less. I would not waste money or pg on any other weapon mod types either. I don't need any more t5 persistent thrusters, splash muzzles, tactical scopes,etc.

Neoshell
11-27-2017, 04:24 AM
Im pretty bummed too. About 9 perfected cn pistol crates in, and only 1 mass blaster. Duplicates of other pistol types, sure, of course that happens. But not multiple mass blaster. Jenny is super jealous, really would like to drop a second one for her.

Black friday crates droppes p00p. 2 hashbrown shileds, both ga. Exile. Jury. No super jp drops. Seems like they adjusted the rng on them. 1st black friday to tight. Armistice a little loose. Tightened back up.this round. Hard to say though. Couple friends dropped multiple super jps each. Not this guy.

Imo and if u think about it the super jps were droping during the 1st day and 2d. After they added the perfected weapons to the loot table u dont see them droping that much anymore . Just my 2 cents anyway

NobleLionz
11-27-2017, 08:44 AM
Please put yourself in my shoe when reading this post.

This year sales. Defiance kinda introduced the bait and switch tactics. Concerning the Perfected weapon at the end of each 100 boxes after purchased. A lot of players did not received the Perfected weps and report this error, in which they have all the right to do so.
Resulting in a response from the Dev in which it was in favor of the Dev because at the end of the day. The Dev have the control and the say so.
I know for fact it was a wrong move by telling the players that the words have a different meaning. Comon guys, we the players love this game and have waited one hold year to have a chance just to purchase a few boxes to get a chance in obtaining a few jackpots. Our chances are very low, they odds stacked against us and then came the final blow when we didnít get the Perfected weps. Changing to words on the crate in your favor.
Please correct me if I am wrong so next time I will be ready and know not to fall for this in the future. Thank you.

Neoshell
11-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Noble... Players did not get the perfected weapon but got the extra JP. They didnt swap nothing in the bit store Crates text,the "guaranteed JP" is there since the beggining. I can only point that they should correct here in the forum and swap perfected weapon for jps.
Now u've a bigger loot pool than u had already before the the reports started. I bet no one have read the damn text saying "guaranteed JP".. It was even in caps. Now i dont know if i'm gona try and buy the bargains boxes tbh,the % of geting trash or vendor food is way too higher imo,i get what u're saying tho.

NobleLionz
11-27-2017, 11:15 AM
Noble... Players did not get the perfected weapon but got the extra JP. They didnt swap nothing in the bit store Crates text,the "guaranteed JP" is there since the beggining. I can only point that they should correct here in the forum and swap perfected weapon for jps.
Now u've a bigger loot pool than u had already before the the reports started. I bet no one have read the damn text saying "guaranteed JP".. It was even in caps. Now i dont know if i'm gona try and buy the bargains boxes tbh,the % of geting trash or vendor food is way too higher imo,i get what u're saying tho.

Thank you brother man for clearing up a faction of this mess.

Neoshell
11-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Thank you brother man for clearing up a faction of this mess.

Is all gd bro ,this was all a bunch of miss understandings between the players and the devs team imo. The problem is that now we kinda are screwed ,cos like i said we have a bigger loot table with the perfected weapons and devs toon advantage of this mess in the end.
As u can ser and everyone this was supose to be jps not perfected weapons.
http://imageshack.com/i/pmQRTQToj

KNN
11-28-2017, 02:08 AM
I share your disappointment. I was planning to spend between $50 and $100 dollars in bits for Black Friday, but between the extremely over priced boxes, and everyone on the forums complaining about not getting anything good, I decided to spend my Black Friday $$ elsewhere. I really wanted to give some money and support to Defiance, but this is just too much, and I felt compelled to vote with my wallet.

Sorry Trion - Defiance has great potential, and I hope whatever the Devs are working on right now breaths some new life into the game, but your greed is unconscionable and I'm done playing into it. People complain that Defiance is "Pay to Win", but that is being too kind. Defiance is Gamble to Win, which I've come to despise and resent. Gambling with real money on bit boxes only to have people feeling cheated and shortchanged is not a good long term strategy for success.
If only could be 15-20 like you, they would shake their heads.
I hate that everything you buy is actually a lottery, everything depends on randomness in that game. Like someone said, it's hazard.