PDA

View Full Version : Shortage of Buy-able Outfits

Jenua
04-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I feel like there is a HUGE lack of variety in the amount of outfits you can purchase through the Defiance store. I saw the PC store in their beta, and the person had to scroll down a list to show all of them! We have like what, 7 outfits? Will more be added? The ones that pursuits give are cool (some of them) but I would rather just go out and pay a few bucks for one to look cool, instead of completing "Go kill this, and discover that". I do arkfalls, and Im not really into pursuits yet.

What do YOU guys think?

Seiox
04-09-2013, 11:27 AM
I like earning outfits more than paying for them. They seem more significant then.

But yes im sure youll be able to buy more outfits once the show starts and DLC will start being released.

Jenua
04-09-2013, 11:30 AM
True, there would be more signifigance to it, like with the pre ordered collectors, ultimate, and digital delux editions, you got the ark infiltrator outfit, which I currently use.

Myst
04-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Agreed with Seiox. Once the ball gets rolling show wise then everything else will come in not only outfits but more missions, points of interests, etc. I personally just like the one outfit I bought off the store withe CDMA ( spelling? ) commando. Really don't need anything else unless it looks really snazzy!

Jenua
04-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Really don't need anything else unless it looks really snazzy!

Thats how I feel, and Im hoping they release more stuff that looks amazing! If not, ill stick with what im using

Seiox
04-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Speaking of outfits i'm using the forest tracker one until i finish up Sniping from the Shadows III and get the City Tracker Outfit and my awesome Assassin title.

SumMischief
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Oh the show will be loaded with item in weeks to months to come.

Jenua
04-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Nice! If im not mistaken, thats the bulky blue one correct? If it is, i was thinking about buying it.

Jenua
04-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh the show will be loaded with item in weeks to months to come.

Do you mean through doing the episode missions? Like how we got Nolan and Irisas (spelling?) outfits?

Agent19 XS
04-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Outfits is this game is lacking as of right now. I am still running around in my Lawmaker outfit and I am EGO lvl 640. I would like a Dark Matter Outfit or one of the Sifi Armor outfits I seen in the trailers. But I have only seen two Outfit shops: The one at the Main Camp and the Micro Shop. None of them have any cool outfits in them or many to choose from I should say. Plus there are no outfit drops, which is weird for a MMO. I think they are holding off for the tv show, before they release the cool looking ones. Just have to wait until next week and see.

Jenua
04-09-2013, 11:40 AM
You're right. I want to see one that looks really futuristic and robotic. (more so than the Ark Infiltrator outfit)

Seiox
04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I honestly think some of the coolest outfits you get are from the pursuits. Mainly Co-Op and Combat pursuits.

Jenua
04-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Ill have to check out the co-ops then kuz to be honest IDK how to even get into a co-op map

Myst
04-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Thats how I feel, and Im hoping they release more stuff that looks amazing! If not, ill stick with what im using

The problem with that for me is that I'd continuously keep switching outfits. Which is something I'd rather not do >_>.

Hiten
04-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Plus there are no outfit drops, which is weird for a MMO.

Really...? Serious question here, what MMOs have "outfit drops?" Haven't played too many recently but GW2 (and GW1), RIFT, and a few others I played didn't have any lootable outfits from mobs.

Jenua
04-09-2013, 04:01 PM
The problem with that for me is that I'd continuously keep switching outfits. Which is something I'd rather not do >_>.

Ah, true! But then you can mix N match!

Jenua
04-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Really...? Serious question here, what MMOs have "outfit drops?" Haven't played too many recently but GW2 (and GW1), RIFT, and a few others I played didn't have any lootable outfits from mobs.

Im with ya! I've seen lootable pets and armor, but never outfits of any kind in any mmo.

JohnnyInk
04-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Pursuit outfits I think are the coolest simply because, someone who's been there done that, kind of knows what you went through to get it, and just a little nod of respect comes with them like the black challenger, kind of the same thing with the titles

Jenua
04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
just a little nod of respect comes with them like the black challenger, kind of the same thing with the titles
True, but Id still like to have the option to buy them as well. It would save me time and let me look cool at the same time. I have 6k bits saved up (recent birthday) and id like to see what comes to the store before I spend them.

Myst
04-10-2013, 09:48 AM
Ah, true! But then you can mix N match!

Ah this is very true but only if I like the headgear I recon. I haven't worn any at all since none really stuck out for me.

Jenua
04-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Ah this is very true but only if I like the headgear I recon. I haven't worn any at all since none really stuck out for me.
There was a mix that i saw that really stuck out for me. Its the blue heavy trooper outfit you can buy in the store, and the helmet you get from completing EGO VI, so I have a long way to go before I can use that one xD