PDA

View Full Version : Does siphon actually do anything?

Karazykid
04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I've used all the other elements and occasionally you can see them work. Fire sets people on fire, bio sets the goo on enemies feet, but it doesn't seem like siphon actually does anything at all. I know it's supposed to heal you, but I've let myself get low on health then started using a siphon LMG and got no health at all.

Dante_Ravenkin
04-09-2013, 11:56 AM
There's a percentage chance for how likely an effect goes off, I believe. Maybe siphon is just a really low chance of activation?

Solpel
04-09-2013, 12:32 PM
It does work, but it's chance appears to be lower then a lot of others. You'll hear and see the effect(a purple burst around the enemy, same sound and animation as when they die by that weapon type). It's a delayed effect as well, it will play the first sound/animation, then a second or two later it will play the second sound and explosion animation, and you'll see a damage of about 450 appear if you have damage numbers on(and you'll get health/shields back). It's very possible you might also be killing them to fast with the LMG for you to see it more often.

CrimsonRaptor
04-12-2013, 01:24 AM
No I think the op may be correct.
I have tested this soo much and have never seen any health or shield be added, tried getting down to 2 bars of health and no shield then killing 4-5 mobs with a syphon assault rifle with trigger effect mods. I have done this multiple times and never ever seen a gain in health or shield.

6Strummer
04-12-2013, 01:33 AM
I love siphon weapons, and yes they work, or they do on PS3 anyway. I wasn't sure at first what they were doing but then I noticed my shield level jumping back up when I'd hear that sound.

Wynce
04-12-2013, 01:42 AM
I got downed the other day while using my siphon AR, and immediately before I heard the siphon noise. When the heal went off, I got back up, without using my self revive. I even went as far as to die again, just to confirm I still had my self revive.

Scorpio989
04-12-2013, 01:53 AM
I got downed the other day while using my siphon AR, and immediately before I heard the siphon noise. When the heal went off, I got back up, without using my self revive. I even went as far as to die again, just to confirm I still had my self revive.

This.

Also it is very noticeably that its increasing survival in some way whether it shows the healing or not. I find myself never dying when I spam my shotgun without shields.

Bluegobln
04-12-2013, 02:41 AM
When Siphon goes off two things happen. First there is a huge "Powchoooooooooooweeeeooo!" sound. (lol) Second there is a big purple flash on the target it went off on. I am not sure but I think it will also display the damage. You'll probably see your life jump too if you are low on life when it goes off. :D

My personal favorite is the burn, DOT effects are just so excellent.