PDA

View Full Version : Is the thermobaric launcher still available?

Tilarta
11-28-2017, 10:24 PM
A long time ago, there was a short time promotion where a specific launcher that generates a firebomb cloud at ground level was available.
At the time, I failed to obtain one, but I was interested in obtaining it.
I think it was a rare unlock, so incredibly difficult to acquire.
It came at gold quality, so that's why I think it was an "unobtainium" item.

Unforunately, I didn't think to record the name of the launcher for future reference and nobody seems to remember what it is.
I see them used sometimes in major arkfalls, because the explosion is fairly distinctive.
But that's so infrequent, it makes me think it's not a weapon that is freely available, otherwise everyone would be using it.
For the record, I've only got one Perfected weapon which was obtained by chance and it's not a terribly good one, a Pandamonium Infector.

Does anyone remember the name of this rocket launcher?
Or are they able to supply links to the page where the announcement was made?
Or any other kind of reference link?
I did skim defiancedata's website, but I don't think the item I was looking for is listed there. :confused:

The reason I am looking to identify it is to verify if it is available ingame via Ex Inaris or some other vendor.
No, I don't trust players to trade for it, I've dealt enough with Ferengi style dishonesty to want to avoid doing so again.
Especially given the rarity of this item, they might demand something like 10 perfected weapons in exchange.
And I only have one Perfected at the moment, a Pandamonium Infector.

FOX
11-28-2017, 11:04 PM
You are referring to the Apocalypse, its a supreme jackpot nuclear rocket launcher that was available as a super rare bit box drop during the Armistice event. I don't remember if it was in the list of possible drops in the Black Friday bit boxes.

Cygnus
11-29-2017, 12:16 AM
Yes, you are referring to apocalypse. Only available through trades. Available in guard armament and assault armament synergy. Only dropped as a supreme.

Light Energy
11-29-2017, 05:32 AM
Does anyone remember the name of this rocket launcher?
Or are they able to supply links to the page where the announcement was made?
Or any other kind of reference link?
I did skim defiancedata's website, but I don't think the item I was looking for is listed there. :confused:

As the others have said...this was "Apocalypse"... the super rare superweapon.
5rHVZN8xIOE

It was only available as a small chance drop from the Bits store boxes during Armistice 2017.
Only a few lucky players have one on PC EU.

Main link:
http://www.defiancedata.com/page=1160/armistice-patch-march-62017-11am-pst-7pm-gmt

Apocalypse was not mentioned in this post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?284775-Black-friday-savings&p=2058818&viewfull=1#post2058818) or the start of that thread (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?284775-Black-friday-savings), so it seems safe to assume it is not part of the loot table for the current Black Friday Bit boxes.

Tilarta
11-29-2017, 06:17 AM
I was told that in order to acquire this weapon, a player will ask for a fully equipped Supreme Cyber Rig in trade.
I'm not very good at Cyber Rig acquisition anyway, so that means finding one to trade is out of the question.

Basically, I was looking for a launcher that could override the Votan mass launcher spam, one with a big enough explosion animation to be seen while everyone and their attack gerbil are blanking out the screen.
This was the only weapon I've seen that had a bigger boom then 10 players being screen spammers.

kromc5
11-29-2017, 10:37 AM
Been in many events, ark falls where the Apocalypse was being used and will not have any affect on mass or det weapons in the way you hope.

I was told that in order to acquire this weapon, a player will ask for a fully equipped Supreme Cyber Rig in trade.
I'm not very good at Cyber Rig acquisition anyway, so that means finding one to trade is out of the question.

Basically, I was looking for a launcher that could override the Votan mass launcher spam, one with a big enough explosion animation to be seen while everyone and their attack gerbil are blanking out the screen.
This was the only weapon I've seen that had a bigger boom then 10 players being screen spammers.

Fallen_Aingeal
11-29-2017, 11:00 AM
I own one. At arkfalls, you rarely see your own explosion. The only way you know you hit something is to watch the kills or dmg numbers start ticking.

I love this weapon. Unfortunately, it is a mere pea-shooter in pvp because of the whining of players not fully understanding that if they get hit directly with a nuke they should, indeed, die...

It fares much better in pve but still has many issues. The collision detect has been borked since introduction. No fixes on the horizon. if you don't fully charge it, you'll detonate at your feet, insta-kill. All in all, very fun gun with a few major bugs.

On ps3, I believe the last I heard, one could be purchased for 100-150m scrip or some hefty trades. Most that have them now aren't anxious to part with them. I know I'm not. ;)