PDA

View Full Version : raiders too overpowered

Mr Azzer P
04-09-2013, 12:00 PM
is it just me or do the raiders (the smg ones I forget their names) have to much firepower I mean my shields might as well be made of paper

RLStroud
04-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Honestly I have no trouble with them. It's the rocket guys that always seem to get me, mainly because when I'm fighting something else they time their shot perfectly so it hits when my shields are already down/low lol.

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
The most annoying enemy to me is the hellbugs that fly and shoot that goo at you. Since it slows there's almost no escaping it once your snared.

Old97
04-09-2013, 12:12 PM
They also have uncanny accuracy. They can hit with a submachine gun while you are having trouble aiming with your sniper rifle.

The shield-bearing rioters are a big PITA too. The Crash Boom deals with them nicely, however.

What I really, really dislike are the grenade lobbers, including those dang hellbug archers.

Tibbs
04-09-2013, 12:14 PM
is it just me or do the raiders (the smg ones I forget their names) have to much firepower I mean my shields might as well be made of paper

Raiders aren't so bad... 99'ers, good gawd!!

A s0t
04-09-2013, 12:14 PM
wait till you get to Dark Matter lol raiders are nothing

RLStroud
04-09-2013, 12:15 PM
When those enemies snare you it's still possible to roll. Just double tap B and dodge to one side or the other and you can easily avoid their shots as long as you can see them coming in, even if they've hit you already. The roll has saved me more times than I can count.

Sull
04-09-2013, 12:25 PM
The most annoying enemy to me is the hellbugs that fly and shoot that goo at you. Since it slows there's almost no escaping it once your snared.

Agreed! If I see them pop up my full attention goes to getting rid of them as fast as possible.

Canolien
04-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I havent noticed anyone mention that you melee a shield guy and they lower the shield for a few well placed shots to take them out quick.

The Notorious Crunchwrap
04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
I havent noticed anyone mention that you melee a shield guy and they lower the shield for a few well placed shots to take them out quick.

Flash bangs also work wonders on them.

jaymee82
04-09-2013, 12:36 PM
You're having trouble with raiders.... I can't remember where I parked my car

Brock 5amson
04-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Raiders? lol pfft.

Once you start dealing with dark matter on a daily basis stuff like 99ers and raiders are a joke.

Zodiac
04-09-2013, 12:41 PM
You're having trouble with raiders.... I can't remember where I parked my car

Lol.
Some people keep forgetting to turn on Care Bear Mode at the settings.

jaymee82
04-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Lol.

Wait, you can do this? I am all over this [/SARCASM]

Guitarshredderz
04-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Those dark matter snipers...no matter how many times i scan those building tops, one is always perched where i least expect them to be. (Ex) a tree branch.

Stashride
04-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Those dark matter snipers...no matter how many times i scan those building tops, one is always perched where i least expect them to be. (Ex) a tree branch.

Same here! Those Dark Matter Snipers are my nemesis.

Nepumuk
04-09-2013, 01:09 PM

Rolling once or twice seems to remove debuffs like snare (or even burning?) quite nicely.

Unsent Soul
04-09-2013, 01:23 PM
So far the mutants are cake, raiders are hilarious, 99'ers are interesting, hell bugs are simple because of their weak spots, and I fought the machines last night, those were actually fun and kinda challenging for my first experience.

Also, I have a courier double barrel shotgun that shoots 2 grenades and those work wonders with the shield bearing short guys too.

Digital Tetsuo
04-09-2013, 01:30 PM
Raiders? lol pfft.

Once you start dealing with dark matter on a daily basis stuff like 99ers and raiders are a joke.

^^This

the trend is that each progressive type of enemy makes the ones before it seem much easier. i never had problems with raiders but i did with 99ers....once i managed to adapt then moved on to dark matter those 99ers seemed so much less of a challenge. i hope that trend continues(within reason considering the current EGO/loot progression as progressively harder enemy types at this point would make the game annoying at a certain point, but if they made loot and EGO more significant to actual gameplay id say they need to always be harder with each type)

the best tactic with the harder enemies and large mobs is to constantly be on the move(running and rolling more than standing about as you can easily get attacked by an enemy thats either fast or that you didnt see like recently spawned enemies or cloaked enemies) and to use your available assets. In other words have a loadout that has a stun grenade in it and if thrown timed correctly you will have opportunities to attack without retaliation for long enough to do damage and heal. also have a shield that fits your playstyle (either with high capacity or efficient recharge).

decoy also is a very useful EGO when dealing with tough enemies and mobs of course, but decoys are great to give you the time and opportunity to locate and kill those rocket launcher enemies and snipers as your decoy will draw their fire.lastly remember to prioritize your enemies based on the threat they pose to you and your allies.;)

iCanHazHeadSh0t
04-09-2013, 01:34 PM

Actually rolling is not effected by snare, so just double tap B once you get snared and you should be fine.

A s0t
04-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Lol.
Where Care Bear mode at? i finished the game it just grinding now
IF they had a naught bear mode would you play that

Shark
04-09-2013, 01:42 PM
I've noticed that different weapons are effective against different enemies. Hellbug Archers are extremely weak against fast firing weapons, and raiders are also weak against the same thing.

Hellbug Warriors are weak against explosives. Mutants are weak against slow bug strong weapons.

Orge Lambart
04-09-2013, 01:51 PM
The only enemies that give me an issues are the 99ers, they just seem annoying, seem to take a million bullets and kill and seem unsatisfying to kill. I'd consider the Raiders to be trash mobs, very easy to kill, and outside of the Rocket Launcher guys nothing to fear.