PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone apps

Jailbirdy
03-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Any chance of a mobile phone app for the game?

Could use it for communication when on the go
Game invites
Clan messeges
Mapping
Inventory
Proximaty warnings or scanner

The list is endless

Jeff

A s0t
03-02-2013, 02:30 PM
i asked last week they said NDA

Dead_Phoenix
03-02-2013, 02:49 PM
im positive there will be, but nothing whilst its still under nda. unless trion are already dealing with someone setting one up. like the ego grid.

Midniteryu
03-02-2013, 04:31 PM
im positive there will be, but nothing whilst its still under nda. unless trion are already dealing with someone setting one up. like the ego grid.

The EGo grid from Defiance Central was a nice surprise, I would love to see it as an mobile as well.

Kalyastraxia
03-02-2013, 06:32 PM

That was a nice surprise.

Hopefully there will be something official "app"-wise for mobile devices.

What would also be nice is an API function so fans can create their own...

Jailbirdy
03-02-2013, 07:46 PM
The EGo grid from Defiance Central was a nice surprise, I would love to see it as an mobile as well.

I know, would be great.

Would be cool to use an app to control an RPV to view Arkfalls or areas before we arrive.

Fiancee
03-03-2013, 04:26 AM
They already use one for Rift, so its kinda waste not to use here? Hmm, I'd use one if there was reward or possible to get in-game-store money.

RoganTheGypo
03-03-2013, 04:54 AM
I suppose as long as people use keyboard on console (I intend to) the guild chat feature will be good. I used WoW Armory for a while and payed to have guild chat n so on in it and tbh I only ever used auction house. Its more of a gimmick for most people but I defiantly think its only a positive thing to have one in game. On all platforms too I might add.

The second another platform gets more features than another is the second you essentially kill off platforms.

SweetMadness
03-03-2013, 05:34 AM
There will be. Facts are facts, it's far too lucrative to not take advantage of mobile tech for a little extra in pocket cash. As many people as there are asking for it, they could charge a dollar per download for an app that just did the same as the ego grid, and easily make a few grand off it, if not more.

I'd rather have something for SmartGlass though.

Kalbuir
03-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Considering RIFT has a mobile app meaning TRION has in-house experience with it, add ontop of that that syfy is very active on the mobile market aswell I would not be suprised to see this come launch or shortly after. If not I am sure fans will fill the void but personally I prefer to see official apps.

DonRodie
03-03-2013, 08:29 AM
This would be kool, I hope they do something for the PS Vita or I could use my PSV.

MOnte
03-03-2013, 09:05 AM
It is not hard to do these days, but to be honest. Not sure I want the focusing on this before release. If it is already done, nice, if not, I can wait till post-release.

SweetMadness
03-03-2013, 09:54 AM
It is not hard to do these days, but to be honest. Not sure I want the focusing on this before release. If it is already done, nice, if not, I can wait till post-release.

It wouldn't be a focus. Keep in mind, most phone apps for games just combine info that's already available in the game/online. If it was some kind of stat tracker? It'd be little more than reading the stats they were already recording, and just sprucing it up to look better on a mobile screen, for example.

Enrg Bar
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
yes very true a mobile app would be very handy for a game that most of us will delve many upon many hours into!

iiReLaX o
03-03-2013, 02:32 PM
If there's an app I see it only for tablets. I mean imagine how hard it would be to edit loadout, etc. on that iPhone screen (or other Androids).

rathb18
03-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Well hopefully they make it for android and not just IOS like other SyFy apps tend to be, that way I can at least use it on my windows 8 tablet.

SweetMadness
03-03-2013, 02:39 PM
If there's an app I see it only for tablets. I mean imagine how hard it would be to edit loadout, etc. on that iPhone screen (or other Androids).

That's why any app they do won't be that major, it'll be something far more simple, such as stats tracking or encyclopedia-like information.

iiReLaX o
03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Ghost Recon Future Soldier is a PHENOMENAL game (Gunsmith was a PHENOMENAL creation as well), but if Trion World's could make an app like GRFS's Gunsmith I would be happy.

Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaK5cJ6uBiE

Jailbirdy
04-19-2013, 08:02 PM
yes very true a mobile app would be very handy for a game that most of us will delve many upon many hours into!

I wonder if Trion has any word on this yet as the NDA for the most part is done. I am always wondering what I could be re-specing while I am mobile or possibly even contacting in game friends....